List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/LegendOfMana.html

Legend of Mana (ntscus) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment] [LoM: Dragon Storyline]

Decision: Reject

Reason: A faster run was submitted as a reply to this submission

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/1636/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Legend of Mana (ntscus) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment] [LoM: Dragon Storyline]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/legendofmana-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm going to seem like a very bad person for this post, so please forgive me.

First off, congrats to the runner for being the first, and presently only person to have beaten my run time in any US category. I've been working on this for 10 years and it was a nice surprise, even if it was a bit teeth gritty for me when this happened.

That being said, while this run is indeed faster than the current SDA record, it has been beaten by a bigger margin than the difference between this run (2.5 minutes real time, 3 minutes IGT) and the current SDA record (1 minute IGT). It was a nice drive to get back into the game this May and to put into play an idea that apparently I had for a while but just never bothered to execute.

And that's the big problem with SDA submissions. This run was beaten initially by a 1:46 3 days later and a 1:45 later that month. But it takes so long for runs to get verified. We're already 2 months later just to get it into public verification and it'll be 3 before a decision is made. Meanwhile it's already noted on other record sites. This is not the fault of the runner. And while it took time for runs to get through the system in the past, the more fast paced nature of some games (even if not this one) hampers down what could be great contributions to the site.

Something has to give, but I'm definitely not the guy to fix it and probably not the guy that should be even saying anything. I should just shut up and submit my 1:45, even if it is improvable (1:44 is definitely possible). I'm one to talk about submission problems and reject a submission that is better than the one currently on the site, especially when I could easily submit it. I should just shut up and put up. Or something.

I just can't accept this, in good faith, knowing that it's been beaten by a good margin. But I'm also seriously biased, being not only the one who did that run, but has the current record on the site. I probably shouldn't post this or be judging the run, I'm probably too biased.

But yeah, I'll shut up now before somebody wants to try to kill me at SGDQ. Bye.
Professional Second Banana
You need to submit your faster run if you want to use that as grounds to reject this one (especially since this submission is a definite improvement to the current run on site).
Very Thanks..!!
I submitted as soon as I got the new WR, which was back on May 13th, so it's not like you had even taken the WR back at that point.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from puwexil:
You need to submit your faster run if you want to use that as grounds to reject this one (especially since this submission is a definite improvement to the current run on site).

Very well. I personally didn't want to submit the 1:45 since I knew I could get a 1:44 and would be afraid I'd get it while waiting for the run to be posted, but I'll guess I'll play my hand. Working on notes now and will get it submitted soon.
So should we verify this run in the meantime?
The video file for this submission has been deleted by accident. This is due to a new submission in the same category
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/legend_of_mana_available_for_verification__due_2015.08.09.html
Decision posted.