Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 15 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, as 12.5% chance is tough. An alternate place to get SpiralClaw is in Mine Your Own Business, but that's after a boss fight and several other fights (there's two Narcissos east of the save point in Ulkan Mines). Ultimately though, you want it ASAP from that Ape Mummy.

But what's worse? The route I'm using now for Dragon (J) (based upon the Japanese TAS) goes after Doom Hammer (ATK 49!) in The Fallen Emperor which is a Lv 5 slot, meaning a 6.25% drop. The Japanese RTA (from the #3 guy, the fastest one I can find video for) I believe still farms for GigasGloves (ATK 35) in Guardian of Winds though (12.5% from Narcissos).
Gotta Go Fast!
I'm just glad that the drops aren't Pink Tail rate drops :p I think we can agree on that one.

Yeah, I heard you mention the 6.25% drop rate last time you streamed, that's pretty rough.
Gotta Go Fast!
Second try drop for the SpiralClaw. Wasn't expecting that.

Mana Goddess wipe again, mis-timed a Jawbreaker, on top of getting hit by one of her attacks. Think I'm being a little aggressive in this fight, might be my problem.

This was just another practice run until I get used to the route. To be honest, I've always used the 2Handed sword even in causal play, so using the hammer + glove is a new thing to me. I'm having to adjust to those.

IGT: 2:28. Two minutes off my PB.

So, without that death to Mana Goddess, this would've been a new PB. Definitely using splits next run then.
Fucking Weeaboo
Jumi Storyline's old US WR got CRUSHED down to 2:37 today.

The comparisons on the right aren't completely reliable for most of the beginning stuff, because of bad splits, shuffling things around, and general screwing around during the 2:50 run. But make no mistake on the new times. Absolute DOMINATION.

Except the part where I left Gato Grottoes during Flame of Hope. And when the game trolled me. And getting that Braveblade Drop. But still.

Attachment:
Ate the extra spicy banana
nice job SirVG Tongue

Finals are in a few weeks and then I can spend a lot of my summer running again finally
Fucking Weeaboo
A 2P run of Legend of Mana (as seen during C4L) is going to be awesome. You can destroy most of the bosses before they can do anything. Only Akrivator really gave troubles with the ridiculous amounts of invulnerability he has. The Dragon Storyline was completed in a high 1:46, but there are definitely places for improvement, though I did get crazy amounts of luck (I got all of my 12.5% drops ON THE FIRST TRY). If the team is absolutely coordinated, you get good luck, and everything goes well, you can probably get a 1:45. 1:44 would require almost 2 minutes of improvements and that's probably a stretch.
Fucking Weeaboo
Jumi was brought down to 2:36 today. 2:35 is definitely possible and maybe even 2:34. I know I lost about 45 seconds during Teardrop Crystal due to vampire trolling, and 20 seconds on the Mana Goddess due to hitbox trolling on my Triple Tiger. There were other lesser spots of trolling, like the boss at the top of Tower of Leires during The Looking Glass Tower being a minor troll.

In a hilarious moment, I counted at least 5 additional Braveblade drops from the enemies that drop them after I already got the weapon (which, of course, didn't drop first time). Game is such a troll. Grin

Attachment:
Fucking Weeaboo
And Jumi got utterly CRUSHED. Outside of a minor problem doing the final gem puzzle in Teardrop Crystal and some other minor things here and there, the run was great.

Biggest improvement came from purchasing Iron2HSword during The Flame of Hope, which while that action cost that split some time, it made up for it 10 fold later, easily.

Attachment:
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2014-08-10 03:00:08 am
djtifaheart: 2014-08-10 02:19:46 am
Gotta Go Fast!
Alright: I've pulled off a trick in Heaven's Gate (think VG said he saw this on a JP run, I got it on the PSN - on my PSP - version so this is doable on all versions).

During Heaven's Gate, you'll bump into Selva twice, this skip/clip allows you to bypass talking to him. The first go:

Behind Selva
Clip 1
Clip 2

Unfortunately, I'm not finding a consistent position to get through him without losing time.

As you progress, you'll run into Selva again for a second time.

Behind Selva
Clip 1
Clip 2

What I've found for a consistent strat/position is once you bump into him; don't run, just walk through him. Note: don't hug the left wall, try to be a step away from it, otherwise it won't work.

Getting through Selva on the second go is tons more easier than when you bump into him the first time.

On a side note: you can respawn Selva in both areas when you go into a loading screen (left/right) and go back. He'll appear again whether you do the skip or not. Been using this method as a means to practice.
Fucking Weeaboo
Something I'll have to try next time I do a Faerie run. Thanks for looking into it. Smiley
Gotta Go Fast!
Congrats on the 2:06!

I'm watching it now (noticed two mistakes already), but something else caught my eye instead. Not sure if you just gave up on the SprialClaw drop or not (that looked a lot like my test run from yesterday), but I've been toying with the idea of routing it out. The boss fight didn't look like it took too much longer.

My general thought is to route out the SprialClaw drop and worry about the Braveblade drop. Thoughts?
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, I just gave up on the SpiralClaw after the what, 6th try? Getting SpiralClaw does help (it's 6 points higher in attack), it's just a matter of not getting trolled with the drops. If all goes well, I should get both that and BraveBlade on the 1st try. Moving on in Teatime of Danger regardless of drop might get me a 2:05, but getting both items on the first drop (a 1/64 chance, roughly) and not screwing anything else up might lead to a 2:04.
Gotta Go Fast!
Just in case if you were wondering, the two mistakes I caught off the bat are:

+You spoke to Teapo again after getting the Wheel AF.

+During The Flame of Hope, shopping derp; went into the Buy Item section first rather than the Sell Item first.

I know you can do better. =P. Haven't finished watching the full run just yet.

As for the SpiralClaw, I don't think I'm going to worry about getting it until I get my own PB down to a decent time. It's a 2:24 right now, died at Mana Goddes. Naturally, I'll be pulling resets later on in the run and that's fine for now.
Fucking Weeaboo
Yep, knew I made both of those mistakes. And I will do better. Count on it. I'm not done with Faerie yet. No way, no how.

This is still the best moment of the run:

Well, that and the Irwin battle, even if he did get one tech off. Tongue
Managing to hit the Mana Goddess with both hits of Shish Kebob is probably 3rd. The fight as a whole would be ranked higher if Counterstrike didn't have a weird hitbox.
Gotta Go Fast!
I haven't gotten that far in the run just yet =P. Still watching, but I am messing with Selva skip one now, thanks for the visual cue. I'm getting it a lot more reliably than I was before.

The Counterstrike hitbox seems to be weird on Mana Goddess for me, otherwise I'm fine with it. I notice it missing a lot more on Mana Goddess out of everything else.

Also, I'm glad to see the suggestion working well on Irwin! Fun fact, I only thought of the rhythm attack from running IoG - shoutouts to puwexil for teaching me that one, notably on Castoth and Dark Gaia. So yes, I rolled over a trick/technique I use from IoG into LoM. Win/win situation.
Fucking Weeaboo
Well, I got Faerie down to 2:04! This beats the old run by 2 minutes and pushes the US version to about 5 minutes behind the Japanese version.

So now the US version is 6 minutes (Dragon), 5 minutes (Faerie), and 4 minutes (Jumi) behind, despite the weapons handicap. I say that's not bad.

Attachment:
Edit history:
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-06 01:41:49 am
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-06 01:37:14 am
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-05 11:30:53 pm
Ate the extra spicy banana
Gonna be streaming some Dragon route tonight. Had quite possibly the worst possible RNG for a warmup run earlier so hopefully that's out of the way :>

http://www.twitch.tv/2bitmarksman

EDIT:
Rustier than I thought. 2 minutes lost to grinding for braveblade, about 2.5 minutes because I forgot my pathing and at least 3 more due to bad boss rng. Arkravator is a troll. And hitodama to a lesser extent.
Barely got a 1:59 on the end of game save (I kinda hit the split button a bit late)
Edit history:
CJH: 2014-12-18 08:16:46 pm
CJH: 2014-12-18 07:47:34 pm
On SirVG's pastebin, he posted that he is investigating quest triggers. I went through the xlsx file and looked for errors. I have compiled a list of corrections. I also included when quests are missable as the original list did not list those

3.) Gaeus' Wisdom
Trigger: Complete Niccolo's Business Unusual.
Missed: You enter Gato Grottos after completing the Murmuring Forest

4.) Where’s Putty
Trigger: Complete Mine Your Own Business. Place Rusty Anchor. Must visit S.S. Buccaneer at least once
Missed: Complete Catchin’ Lilipeas

5.) The Lost Princess
Trigger: Placed Domina
Missed: Complete The Looking-Glass Tower

8.) Huntin’ Du’Cate
Trigger: Placed Jungle
Missed: Complete Catchin’ Lilipeas

9.) The Murmuring Forest
Trigger: Placed Jungle. Huntin’ Du’Cate completed or missed

13.) Star-Crossed Lovers
Trigger: Complete Teatime of Danger. Complete or fail Pokiehl: Dream Teller

16.) Diddle Kidnapped!?
Trigger: The faqs are saying Complete: Diddle Had It! and Catchin' Lilipeas. You said The Dragon Princess instead of Catchin’ Lilipeas. I’m not sure if you are right or if the faqs are right

18.) Daddy’s Broom
Trigger: Complete The Little Sorcerers and The Infernal Doll. The Seven Wisdoms must be started. Li'l Cactus must not be in progress. You have stated 16 events must be completed, which can’t be right as this was the 13th event I completed in my recent playthrough
Missed: Complete Heaven’s Gate, The Crimson Dragon, or The Teardrop Crystal

29.) Fluorite
Trigger: Complete Alexandrite. The Wimpty Thugling can not be in progress. Reach for the Stars completed or failed

31.) The Lucky Clover
Trigger: Complete Drowned Dreams, The Flame of Hope, and The Looking-Glass Tower. Gilbert: School Amour must not be available. No Geo quests can be in progress

35.) The Treasure Map
Trigger: Placed Mekiv Caverns and S.S. Buccaneer

42.) The Blessed Elixir
Trigger: Complete The Flame of Hope. Duma Desert, Geo, and Lumina must be placed. Any quest involving Niccolo can not be in progress

46.) Niccolo's Business Unusual 3
Trigger: Complete Niccolo's Business Unusual 2 and Teatime of Danger. Lumina must be placed

47.) Niccolo's Business Unusual 4
Trigger: Complete Mine Your Own Business and Niccolo's Business Unusual 3. Geo must be placed.
Missed: Complete the Blessed Elixir

49.) Li'l Cactus
Trigger: Complete the Little Sorcerers. Placed: Luon Highway and Jungle. Enter Geo at least once. Daddy's Broom must not be in progress. You need the S.S. Buccaneer to complete the quest, but you can trigger the event without it being on the map
Missed: Complete Cosmo

52.) Buried Treasure
Trigger: Complete A Siren’s Song. Stomp 20 crabs

59.) Gilbert: Resume for Love
Trigger: Complete A Siren’s Song, Gilbert: School Amour, and Mine Your Own Business

64.) Catchin’ Lilipeas
Trigger: Complete The Dragon Princess

65.) Gilbert: Love is Blind
Trigger: Complete A Siren’s Song and Faeries’ Light
Missed: Missed if Gilbert: School Amour starts

66.) The Wimpy Thugling
Trigger: Complete Reach for the Stars and The Blessed Elixir. Duma Desert must have 3 Dryad.  A faq also states you must be level  40 or higher for this event to trigger. I'm not sure if its true as I'm always over level 40 by then
Missed: Complete Fluorite

67.) Pee-Wee Birdie
Trigger: Domina must have 3 Salamander and 3 Wisp
Missed: You Destroyed the Pee-Wee Birdie egg

And as for artifact rewards:
Two Torches gives Stone Eye as a Primary AF

The Quiet Sea gives the Frozen Heart as a secondary AF
Fucking Weeaboo
I never worried too much about missing quests. I knew a few, but some of them are quite interesting and will change some plans around. I didn't know some of those could actually be failed, like Huntin' Du'Cate.

As for Daddy's Broom, I'm not sure if a count is even part of it. FAQs said 18. I did it in 16. You did it in 13. I was questioning it, but left it as that for now. I knew that Infernal Doll was a trigger though (and obviously Little Sorcerers). And some of those other triggers...my goddess the complexity. Especially Li'l Cactus. That's probably the most complex trigger in the game.

As for Diddle Kidnapped, I looked over my old 100% run on YouTube to try to figure it out. I did see it in there after Catchin' Lillipeas (both are in Part 8) but I'm still not sure it's a requirement. It's something I need to play around with more.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Yay for emulators, 1:35:55 RTA
http://www.twitch.tv/pxtfd/c/5721046
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2015-01-07 03:34:31 am
Fucking Weeaboo
I've been working on OCR translating the Legend of Mana Ultimania guide, since it includes things like both activate and fail triggers. I'm finding some interesting stuff. Mind you since I'm not fluent in Japanese there may be errors, but this is what my understanding on certain things are based upon what I'm reading.

1. Niccolo's Business Unusual 2-4 can all be failed. Based upon the rough translation I'm getting, it seems to be by causing Niccolo to leave during the mission.
2. Diddle Kidnapped I'm seeing as one of the requirements it is indeed Catchin' Lillipeas and not Dragon Princess. The kanji matches, so this isn't translation.
3. The Lost Princess becomes missed by entering Tower of Leires.
4. Wisdom of Gaeus seems to be failable, presumably by causing Daena to leave before completion.
5. Where's Putty? has a note about "Catchin' Lillipeas & Diddle Kidnapped" so I'm guessing both need to be done to cause this to be a miss.
6. Can't Look Back has a fail note, but I haven't translated that yet. Something about speaking with somebody.
7. Daddy's Broom has a section about reduction(?) stuff that is a big block of text I'm trying to understand. Part of the translation talks about "18 lands or more". It also mentions clearing one of the three storylines. I assume that the mission is not completeable if you complete one of the three storylines, or maybe if you have Cage of Dreams triggered/active you can't complete it (which does make sense if that's the case, since Little Cactus is involved with the first part of the Cage of Dreams cutscene.
8. On The Treasure Map, it seems that there's a set amount of time to get all the map pieces in an area before you fail. It's the following:
0-2 = 30 seconds
3 = 25 seconds
4 = 20 seconds
5 = 16 seconds
6 = 12 seconds
7 = 8 seconds(!)
9. I see no fail conditions on The Nordic Snowfield. The goal is to talk to the Level 7 Faerie but I've seem people put in their FAQs about saving and/or failing. It looks like you just either go to level 2 or 4 for eye level if you talk to the wrong one.
10. It looks like if you talk to Pee-Wee 15 times, that's the breaking level.
11. Seeing Double includes a note about Little Sorcerers, likely that it can't be active.
Fucking Weeaboo
Japanese runners have Faerie down to 1:57 (high). I've been playing around with some of their strats, trying to get at least an OK time on the Japanese side.

Got it down today to 2:04, tying the US IGT, even despite shitty Teatime of Danger and Mine Your Own Business events.

Fucking Weeaboo
I found this program through one of the Wikis (unfortunately one that is no longer viewable) but was able to contact the author to get a hold of the download. It's a map planner (run via Java), dealing with overworld maps, local maps, and most of the events. I noticed a few events missing, but it's ones that don't affect anything (like Field Trip). It's a cool little program though.

I'm uploading it to Mediafire to share with anybody that wants to see it. https://www.mediafire.com/?rawko3zl6b1pi9v
The Map Planner utility has all the events. Its just that many events complete automatically once you meet their prerequisites as long as doing so has no consequences. There is a event section, where you can view whether events are stated to be completed or not

The Map Planner has the following errors

1.) The Mana levels from Fallen Lucemia are not cleared, which probably doesn't matter for Sir VG's purposes

2.) Niccolo's Business Unusual 4 will complete automatically once you meet its prerequisites. Which is a problem because completing it causes Gilbert: Love is Blind to be Missed if it isn't completed. People who don't understand how the event works could easily think completing GLIB is hard, but Sir VG knows how to avoid missing the event
Fucking Weeaboo
The way you miss Love is Blind is basically by doing School Amour. Which makes perfect sense, since it's hard for Gilbert to do anything after being turned to stone.

"I'm getting hard for you baby. HARD!" Oh Gilbert...