--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-23 05:36:55 pm
Quote from BAR JAKE:
Also Du7s and I were able to get 23.107 seconds multiplayer on Temple grounds by somehow being able to move during the cut scene.  Not sure how it happened, as we couldn't replicate it.

Can you describe, in detail, what happened and exactly what you saw/heard/did? I'll try to replicate it on both PC and console. Also, it was online co-op, right?
Not sure exactly what happened but one of us was dead  from falling to his death from the bridge jump.  He respawned right at the cut scene and could move and rolled off and then i could move to the end where we did the final spawn.  I think it was due to some sort of lag. 

Also,  just passed brsmstr on single player(temporarily) in all levels combined.  21:27.005.  Now, I'm sure he will come back and destroy all of my times haha.

seriously, I really am VERY happy others have come in and started running this game and that we've some serious competition now on the leaderboards.  that being said, you bet your ass I'm coming back to take the lead!  all in good fun of course Cheesy
15.640 in Belly of the Beast!!! 
WTF!? how?
I ran at the beast as i was throwing spears right after the cutscene.  I think that's what helped.  I was trying to crack into the 15's and didn't expect it to go that low.  I'll take it though Smiley
wow.... i think I might stream some runs of this tonight to improve some outdated records
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-02-28 06:31:49 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-28 06:30:38 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-28 06:26:34 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-28 06:22:08 pm
Fatalis: 2014-02-28 06:21:24 pm
38.296 TG and 37 is possible SSIL. I had relics unequipped on my 40.459 run, lol. Also, please add your PBs to gdoc leaderboard as you get them so other people don't have to do it for you, much later. Sad
So uh... Tyekai got a 15.559 and I got a 15.611 on Belly of the Beast. Tyekai was improving his time and we noticed brassmaster beat his time, but then he got the insane run. He then somehow lost all of his save data as we tried to start doing local co-op and then did it again on my account getting a 15.627 so I had to endeavor to beat it so I wouldn't have a time that wasn't mine on the leaderboard -.-

EDIT: Got a 15.511 on Belly of the Beast, 6.466 on The Summoning. I don't even
Good Work on both those levels, saw my BOTB time was beaten during brassmaster's stream last night.  My first place lasted less than a day haha.  I think the summoning is even more impressive
Edit history:
brassmaster: 2014-03-01 08:54:32 am
brassmaster: 2014-03-01 08:45:46 am
dude the competition!!! it's insane! but I have an awesome time of my own. 15.860 seconds on BotB... okay that's not new, but I DID IT ON PS3!!  got it recorded as well. will update with the video once its done uploading.
I got the new ball jump on Temple Grounds.  I don't know how hard it is on PC, but on X360 I kept dying when i was landing in the pyramid until finally i got it.  Updated times on Google Docs to break 21 mins on combined times!
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-03-02 02:50:47 pm
Fatalis: 2014-03-02 02:28:21 pm
Fatalis: 2014-03-02 02:27:59 pm
Fatalis: 2014-03-02 02:27:26 pm
Figured out how much time each load saves when segmenting on Xbox. It's 0.833-0.866 seconds. I used my modded Xbox and nerd powers to figure it out. I'll make a video soon.

Also, I can see how many milliseconds I get on my times without connecting to XBL (I can't). Spent 15 minutes on BotB and got 15.421, won't improve it until someone beats it though, Xbox load times are so awful and annoying. http://fatalis.hive.ai/lcgol/xbox/11-sp-belly_of_the_beast-00.15.421_IQ.mp4
Hey fatalis, I was wondering how that co-op strategy on FG works. Tyekai and I are (provisionally) going to be doing a co-op run for a marathon this weekend and I wanted to see if that strategy was RTA viable.
It only works online (because it abuses lag) and no one's ever tried it on console, so I'm not certain it will even work for you. It's also viable for single segment if you practice and understand it enough. Have Lara be the host and right when she starts sliding on the invisible ceiling (make sure you roll onto it), press rope button once. It makes Lara fall through and land at the bottom on Totec's screen (allowing him to spawn), and on on her's she stays up for a couple more seconds.

See this for more explanations of stuff we do: http://fatalis.hive.ai/lcgol/sda_submission.rtf
Well I guess that's a wash for the marathon since we'll both be in person on the same console. (Although I've considered just using the PC version due to load times but I'm not entirely sure that's worth the logistics) But I'm gonna try it out eventually in online co-op and see what happens I guess.
Well, for what it's worth, I just got a 31:05 single segment run. Definitely stuff to improve and not screw up on, but I'm reasonably pleased other than a few glaring things.
Edit history:
Fatalis: 2014-03-13 08:12:12 am
You should use ingame time for your SS runs, so you can compare against my old 25:26. Wait for the time to appear after each level, then combine them.

I've also been meaning to get another SS time now that gate skip is a thing. Should be streaming sometime this month @ twitch.tv/fatalis_
Whenever you read this fatalis, if you could give some advice on the co-op strats for Flooded Passage and Fiery Depths, that would be great. We're having trouble getting any level of consistency with them but we want to be able to show them off on Sunday.
They only work online, and the FP strats aren't viable for single segment.
Thanks for the info lol. We'll stop giving ourselves headaches about it.

Out of curiosity, since you'd be the best one to ask, would you rather do a co-op run or a race for this game in a marathon setting? Tyekai is dead set on doing the co-op run but since the FP and FD strats aren't viable in local, I'm trying to convince him to do a race instead since it's not that much different.
Even without the lag abuse strats, co-op is much more interesting for viewers. There's still some crazy stuff to show off like 30 second ST, various spawn clips, rope jumping, etc.
Fair enough. I keep forgetting about Toxic Swamp as a level too (mostly b/c I hate it on single player).
$2.50 Steam version https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/squareenix
Found out the reason Lara would stop moving is because the game doesn't want to read the down-left input from off-brand 360 controllers. Great...
:X