1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Konami Wai Wai World (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
It's a very good run. I guess that was to be expected, since the runner had previously TASed it years ago. This run almost beats that old TAS. There was a lot of thought put into the route, knowing exactly when to suicide and how to obtain the number of bullets necessary to revive. Once you've got that planned, it's mostly a matter of tanking damage (but not too much) and killing only the guys that are absolutely necessary.

Decision: easy Accept

Quote:
A/V: Good
Cheating: Don't think so. Never knew of the suicide command before but seems legitimate.

- - -
Simon's stage: Very impressive, very smooth. I didn't see progress through the stage pause even once. Fight against the key boss was flawless.

Mikey's stage: Took the time to gamble to get 580 bullets for resurrections. Wisely takes pauses throughout this stage to get past enemies without taking too much damage.

Kong's stage: Starts going back up the stairs once and gets slightly stuck changing to Mikey to pass under a low opening. Lost a WHOLE SECOND doing that. For shame. Death skip used to get out of the room quicker. At lest the runner does the switch to Mikey on the way back without getting stuck this time. Kills all characters to exit the stage, uses bullets for revival.

Getsu Fūma's stage: Makes short work of enemies with Kong. Practically nothing slowing the runner down but sprite limitations in the room before the boss. Flawless boss fight with Simon's crosses. Once again kills every character to exit.

Goemon's stage: Flawless stage, just gets Goemon and the items and gets out. Slot machine revival used really quickly.

Moai's stage: Gets past all the breakable rocks extremely quickly with Fūma. You can really tell how well his route is planned. Not a hitch.

Shmup section: Practically flawless as far as I can tell.

Final Stage: Once again, nothing slowing the runner down. Final boss and escape segment done as quick as I can imagine it being done.
- - -

This run is executed near flawlessly. I'm not even sure why I did a play-by-play of each stage, as there was hardly any improvable parts to be pointed out. I can't see this time being beat unless a new skip is discovered.

Descision: Definite ACCEPT

Quote:
Audio: Good
Video: Good
Cheating: Nope!

I'm not going to bother with level by level breakdowns. The execution was exquisite, the routing was masterful, and the drop luck was superb. There is only one section that I will comment on.

Twinbee/Gradius: This is the worst navigating I have seen since the season 2 finale of Breaking Bad. The drunken captain of the Exxon Valdez is the only one I can see approving of this segment with a straight face. The deaths that no doubt occurred on the ground from the wreckage of the Vic Viper will forever be on your conscience. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Decision: Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to  Josh 'funkdoc' Ballard!
Thread title:  
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Congrats funkdoc!
Congrats Josh, can't wait to watch the run, the run at Kings of Poverty was nice so this will be good too no doubt.
Long time coming, congrats Josh!