List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Knytt Stories (Any %) (Single Segment) [Knytt Stories: Tutorial]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Lhexa:
A/V fine, no cheating detected.

The gameplay is nearly flawless.  The player did jump a fraction of a second early to get the eye (but this is very trivial), and might have dropped faster at the very end if he didn't hold onto the wall.  But I'm not sure if these things even accounted for one second.

An easy accept.  On a petulant note, I hope somebody speedruns the portion of the game that requires actual routing. Tongue

Quote:
Now this I like. A verifier improves a recently rejected run and shows what a polished speed run of a level this short should really look like.

A definite accept. Let's hope someone decides to run the machine soon as well!

1 other verifier withheld their comments, but accepted.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Benjamin 'UraniumAnchor' Cutler!
Thread title:  
Not a walrus
Just to clarify, the early jump to get the eye does save a bit of time because you're pre-accelerated as you go over the ledge. Pretty common speed trick.

That said, moooh pointed out elsewhere that you can actually skip the eye altogether but it slows you down in another way so I'm not sure it's actually faster, on top of being quite a bit more difficult. I'll have to time it, and the difference is definitely less than a second, if it's faster at all.
Congrats on not being Letsplayhistory, and on playing better than the other guy who submitted.
Not a walrus
Alright, just timed it. In my tests, skipping the eye, under ideal conditions, is less than 10 frames faster. But still faster. If anybody wants to revisit this (maybe I will, not sure yet), they can keep that in mind. Definitely makes the run quite a bit harder, though.

I guess that makes this a 100% run? Cheesy
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2014-09-14 10:14:28 pm
<(^_^)>
wait wait wait

a knytt stories run? accepted on SDA? what is this madness?

I call hacks
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Quote from kirbymastah:
wait wait wait

a knytt stories run? accepted on SDA? what is this madness?

I call hacks