List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

This Level is Unfinished (Easy Mode) run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Tutorial: Shit framerate (15fps are you kidding me), there's a giant fuckoff watermark in the upper right corner, and the mouse pointer is visible the entire time. No. It's not even executed properly. There's a handful of missed jumps. The level is fucking two minutes long, man.

Machine: Same shit framerate problem. No watermark or mouse pointer, but there's no audio track. Execution is slightly better than Tutorial, but that's not saying much. Missed or bad jumps and lots of waiting around for safety reasons. Why is it in two pieces? If you're going to segment it at all you should segment it way more than this.

Edit: Oh it's not even segmented, the video just cuts out at a random spot and continues in the next one. It's contiguous, but why the fuck is it in two pieces?

Unfinished: I don't even see this video so I can't say. I won't hold out hope.

Rejected for being complete shit and a mountain of technical problems. For as bad as Epic Combo was, at least it was properly captured. This run doesn't even have that.

Quote:
The Tutorial level is very badly recorded indeed and doesn't follow any of the site requirements. Apart from the bad video framerate (and that huge custom watermark!), the audio quality is also really bad.

The execution in the level is really bad. The runner stops at random spots and runs into walls unneccessarily taking time. Not to mention all the missed jumps, it feels like this was the second time the runner even played the game.
I suggest the runner take a look at how speed runs generally look and what kind of optimization would be expected from a run this short.
This seems to be a time of 1:37. There's a youtube video of a 1:17 for this level that shows what a speed run really should look like. I suggest looking it up and take some pointers from it.
Messing around with this game myself I got a 1:15 time within 10 minutes of trying and should be able to get it down to a 1:13. I'd suggest to the runner to not try another submission until a time around this range is reached.

Alright so here comes the fun part.
Apart from The Machine not having any sound and seems to be recorded completely differently, this video suddenly contains a huge step up in quality of play compared to the tutorial level. This actually looks somewhat competent. This sounds very suspicious so let's dig further into it.

For some reason, the video is split up in two parts of around 8 minutes each, even though this is not a segmented run. Sounds familiar? It sure sounds like it was ripped off a youtube video from an account having the video length cap.
So, searching for knytt stories machine speed runs on youtube indeed gives a search hit with this exact run, uploaded 4 years ago.
But then you say "Maybe this is the channel of the runner and he just waited with submitting the run, it's not all that uncommon after all right?"
Well, the YouTube user that has this machine run uploaded, is the same user who also has that speedy 1:17 run of the tutorial level uploaded!

This submission is cheated.

The tutorial level is rejected because of poor video and audio quality as well as poor gameplay.
The Machine level is rejected due to the runner trying to pass someone elses video as his own.

Quote:
rofl, the "segment break" in The Machine isn't even at a save point.  How old is this joker?

This is the first submission(s) I've seen that has the trifecta of reject reasons.  Play quality is terrible (in the tutorial vid at least, the machine just seems rather unpolished), a/v quality is barely better than shakycam, and it's not even legit besides.  it really is a shame that we can't seem to get a knytt run on the site.

link to youtube guy's (olleble) machine part 1, tutorial 1:17

Decision: Reject

Reason: The run is cheated. This guy also tried to verify his own run and we gave him a warning after that. LetsPlayHistory is now banned from the site.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/knyttstories
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Wow, somebody's got balls.
Pheenoh the mean-o
Quote from Flip:
This guy also tried to verify his own run
There are no words.
Is PJ
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Legendary. Farewell, LetsPlayHistory.
1-Up!
As in, offered to verify w 3 brand new accounts all registered from his IP...
Lord Of The Beards
Quote:

hahahahahahaha wow he had some balls
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)

Wha... Why would he-?

You know, it is easier to post this instead...

Moo! Flap! Hug!
Quote from Flip:

For having the balls to get the ball rolling on his own verification, LetsPlayHistory is my alpha dog of the week.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-08-25 11:15:03 pm
Not a walrus
Fun fact for those of you who don't go through his post history, this was the same guy who thinks andrewg's 4:58 has two seconds of mistakes in it...
What a dumb idiot.

It seems he also cheated at some Twilight Princess challenges by doing the same thing, ripping someone else's video.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Aww he was banned... I was looking forward to a new MASTER-88 wannabe...
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2012-08-26 02:30:59 am
DS Dictator
Quote:
For having the balls to get the ball rolling on his own verification, LetsPlayHistory is my alpha dog of the week.

Stupid is really smart!
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from LetsPlayHistory:
Well...then...ILL BEAT ANDREWG TIMES...BOTH OF THEM

I'm still waiting on this.
Sandbagging
Verification of the year
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Seriously, you shouldn't even post the link for this Flip.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Seriously, you shouldn't even post the link for this Flip.

I disagree, I like the idea of accountability. That way we can see the proof for ourselves, if we so choose.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
lol this made my day a lot better (^_^)

~Judgy~
This is not as funny as it seems. This guy is really a kid. On his youtube page it says 21 years, but seeing a couple of his videos and hearing his voice, I would give him half that age.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Anxiously awaiting commentary for this run.
Exoray
Just to clear out some confusion. The YouTube channel linked above does Not belong to LetsPlayHistory. The channel linked above is that of the presumed original owner of the video.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote from moooh:
Just to clear out some confusion. The YouTube channel linked above does Not belong to LetsPlayHistory. The channel linked above is that of the presumed original owner of the video.

So then you are saying that LetsPlayHistory steals from children!?  *Gasp!*
Claimh Happy
Quote from Poxnor:
Quote from Flip:

Is that a Colbert reference?

Anyways, good bye, LPH.
<(^_^)>
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Fun fact for those of you who don't go through his post history, this was the same guy who thinks andrewg's 4:58 has two seconds of mistakes in it...

this