Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
dinosaur from the past
Honestly in this game there isn't really much difference between 100% and a normal run.
Fucking Weeaboo
Actually, the biggest reason it was rejected was because I used the M3 to host the game on.  It's not emulation, but simply a multi-game boot loader.  Hence there was no cheating (like the verifiers noted) but apparantly that's not good enough.

Whatever.
You got a deletion wish?
As in modded hardware?
Fucking Weeaboo
No.  Flash cart.

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Image:M3_SD_Slim_version.jpg
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2007-02-04 05:47:40 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
v9.

Finished.

PREPARE FOR THE EPICNESS.

0 deaths.  Nearly sub-58.  NO BULL.  Will get an exact time in a little bit, but I rough estimate it to be about 58:05, 20 sec faster than v8.

After countless hours of struggle, mainly between 6-1 and 6-5 (god I HATE those two levels)...

AND THE TIMING IS IN.

v9 - 0:57:57
You want to just go for v10 and have the satisfaction of double digits? *sarcasm*

There. Now we're all happy. Send.
Fucking Weeaboo
No thanks.  My controller would appreciate me not throwing it around any more in frustration. ^^;;
Quote:
No thanks.  My controller would appreciate me not throwing it around any more in frustration. ^^;;

Now we're NOT happy! SEND IT OR ELSE!!!
You got a deletion wish?
He's already sent it, it's being verified.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
He's already sent it, it's being verified watched in awe by people whose jaws will drop and tell everybody that Sir VG is the greatest speedrunner ever.

Fixed.
100% runs=great to watch
Oh VG, you monster....what title upgrade will 2007 see you earn up from Lord I wonder....?
Fucking Weeaboo
I don't know.  I'm open for suggestions.

Master_VG?  King_VG?  God_VG?  Radix_VG? (lol)
100% runs=great to watch
I recall a thread where me and Aquatiger nailed most of the possible progressions...

ot/

Congrats on the run though....Kirby RULES!
Baron_VG seems workable.  Everyone loves a good baron.
I was thinking "Tyrant_VG" if he gets more runs on the site.
Never give up!
Quote:
I recall a thread where me and Aquatiger nailed most of the possible progressions...

I believe that was the Actraiser thread.  You wanted to call him 'King_VG', and I thought that was too sudden of a jump.

As for his new title, I think Baron_VG should be the next one.  That or Kaiser_VG.
Generic Text
Quote:
I don't know.  I'm open for suggestions.

Master_VG?  King_VG?  God_VG?  Radix_VG? (lol)

Upgrade your Lordship with a DARK STONE to evolve into Overlord_VG.
Fucking Weeaboo
It's incredible that it's been over a year since I touched the game after completing v9.  I picked up the game again a few days ago after the other thread appeared, and a couple people commented wondering why v9 was rejected.

I practiced up a couple sections thanks to some new tricks people pointed out, and I sat down this morning and did my run.

And completely p0wned the game.

My practice run yesterday was 58:00, which was quite impressive given the timespan I've been away from this title...that in a few days I went from not having seen the game for a year, to being within 3 seconds of my old record.

Today, I stand before you confident that this run is THE ONE.  If SDA staff rejects this, then they have no idea what a good speed run is. Tongue

v10 - 0:56:25
Wow, a minute and a half faster.  Was it mostly new strategies, or mostly being played cleaner?

Congratulations!
Fucking Weeaboo
Kind of a mix.  I'm sure the new strategies in 7-2 and 7-Boss played a part, but I'm sure most of it came from just playing like I was free.  I think only once I was down to 1 health, and that was at 6-Boss (Metaknight).
Fucking Weeaboo
Just for giggles, I've tried a Boss Endurance run.  The fastest time I've run across for it is 4:23 and my current best is 4:33.

In the 4:23 run, I see a couple things that can be improved.  One is dependent on luck (getting Thunder on the first painting at Paint Roller.  The other is skill - better fighting in Nightmare (orb) by fighting closer.

His DeDeDe fight (and Nightmare King) are fricken awesome fights. ^^
That was an awesome boss endurance.

Yeah, you should fight close to the Nightmare Orb & even take a few hits to land more shots.  But I think the author was going for no-damage.

Also, needs more luck on Whispy Woods -- 2 multi-shots and a normal will do him in.

Given the rediculously small number of invincibility frames for bosses in this version, as well as the buffing High Jump received, I don't think mixing for UFO with the Sun's stars will be worth it (like it would be on the NES).  It will probably still save to get Ball from Paint Roller's first drawing.
Fucking Weeaboo
It's possible to beat Wispy Woods in 15 seconds (I based that on the time that the timer appears after I beat him).  I've had that 3 times in running, but I either screw up somewhere else, or get bad luck on Paint Roller, since you really need him to draw Thunder on the first time for the best run.

And Ball on Paint Roller would technically be possible, but it's way too risky.  Thunder is a better choice, plus it's great for Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Hey, you changed your name. Happy birthday old man.

When are you submitting your run?
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2008-02-29 06:26:22 am
Fucking Weeaboo
Old man?  I'm only 7!  Tongue

And I'm submitting it when I get my notes done.  I may get them done today, or I may just get drunk and pass out until March.  Who knows. ^^;;

(It's cool that if you look at my profile here at SDA, it has a cake next to my "real" age.)