Killzone 2 (pal) (ps3) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Recruit]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Soliduz Znake'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Killzone 2 (pal) (ps3) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Recruit]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/killzone2-20150728/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
A/V: Good (there is also an approved quality test in the tech forum)

Gameplay: For the most part, it's well played. There were a few cases of bigger time losses due to poor aiming. But aiming on console is a known issue, so some more time losses are to be expected. The routing seemed well done, with a few smart strats mixed in that showed that some effort has been put into this. This game seems to be subject to a lot of rng (mostly based on listening to the audio commentary). A lot of things went well, but there were also a couple of costly deaths. Even though I'm sure things went well above average in this attempt, I can't help but feel that there is still quite a bit of time to take off this run. Some games and some categories will simply take more time to optimize than others. I would think that would fit in on most 2h single segment fpses. Despite being slightly reserved, I'll still give this run the benefit of the doubt. (if anyone has direct experience with this game, I'd love to hear what they have to say though)

(weak?) accept

(Soliduz, in case you read this. Jumping forward in the video to skip boring parts might be convenient while making the audio commentary, but it's not so convenient when watching. It was extremely hard to follow where you were with the commentary as I constantly found myself out of sync. I don't know if you want to put more time into the audio commentary, but it's imo borderline unusable in its current state - despite being very informative.)
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2015-09-01 01:00:33 pm
Soliduz Znake: 2015-09-01 01:00:24 pm
I'll try to make another audio file for other verifyers asap, sorry for the inconvenience its my first time audio commentating.
I don't think you have to redo everything. The audio commentary is good, so it would be pity to throw it away. My recommendation is to use audacity, convert the audio commentary to wav (audacity can't read wma, i just tried), import the wav file and the game audio. Once you have the two audio tracks side by side in audacity, just insert dead air for the sections you skipped. If you don't know audacity, you will of course have to look these things up, but it's nothing complicated. If you want to try this out, but are having trouble with any of the steps, let me know.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2015-09-02 12:06:11 pm
Soliduz Znake: 2015-09-02 12:05:44 pm
ok I got audacity now. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I imported the audio file as raw data and all I hear is screeching noises in audacity. I tried importing as audio but for some reason it won't.
edit: okay decided to use a movie editing software and synced the commentary with the video the convert to mp3 without video auido. hopefully this one will be better than the first. its titled as edited so anyone would know the difference which is the latest.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Good (although I originally thought his was recorded on a handheld camera because of the stupid edge of screen filter)
Cheating: None
Gameplay: few costly deaths, console aiming is as expected.. Ktwo basically summed this up well enough and likewise I think some time can (and should) come off of this in a later attempt but for now this is passable.

weak accept
Decision posted.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2015-09-08 01:46:18 pm
never thought it would take only 2 verifiers to pass judgement. not complaining Cheesy . thanks to ktwo and Judgy for giving this one time. I'm sure Killzone 2 is not common to speedruners and to tough distinguish it from other FPS games.

some updates on the run: I managed to make some slight improvements with minor new strats. however still unable to get even a decent run thanks to everything RNG this game. hopefully if I do get faster clean run in time would it still need another verification anywhere before the end of this month?
The policy here is that every single run being submitted needs to go through verification. So if you improve your run tomorrow or in a year doesn't matter. If you want my personal opinion, I wouldn't mind considering alternative ways of dealing with for example self-improvements of already accepted runs to help speed things up. It's not something that has been discussed with the other admins though, so don't expect any such changes in the near future.
alright just making sure. I wouldn't mind submission and verification but was hoping for time efficiency.