Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Ethan McKee!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Kick Master (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/kickmaster-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 16, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Accept.

Audio and video quality are good. This run is a ~34 second improvement to a published run without using any new glitches or tricks (just getting luckier with experience drops and better execution). While there are a few hiccups, it's hard to argue with that much time gained. I don't agree with the author's comment that the previous run was a "trainwreck" even with the gap between the runs. All levels in this submission (except for the last) are faster than the current run. Not much more to say other than I played this as a mystery game in SGL, and the runner beat my time for the first two stages, so accept.
I assume a game where you're only kicking must've been something very unique at 1991.

First: I'm not really a classic games expert. But I'm trying my best to compare this run with the current run on SDA. Just like Zenic mentioned, it's a better execution combined with a bit more luck, so it's an accept. You can see this for example at the beginning where he's powering up or at the fight against those cats (?) at 3:15.
Is PJ
Accept.

Though it might seem unnecessary to spend so much time powering up in the first two levels, it definitely worth getting the knee press and slide as soon as possible.  The runner gets pretty great luck with powerup drops and managed to get the first two experience levels pretty quickly.  The rest of the game goes pretty smoothly, except for a few dropped inputs here and there.  Nothing to reject over.  Overall a really solid improvement over the current run.
Most of the improvement comes in level 3 (~20 s, mostly because of mistakes in the currently published run). The rest of the levels increase the lead by implementing minor route choices, improving on boss strats and a slightly improved level-up approach (or maybe it's just getting luckier with the drops?). While most of the levels end up being faster in the new run, I think it's worth keeping in mind that many sections were done faster in the current one. That's just to say that there is still time to shave off, but also that this game looks like it's difficult to optimize. Overall, it's a much smoother watch than the current run though, so I'd like to say job well done to the runner!

ACCEPT
The Speedrunning Teacher
Gotta say, this was an impressive run. The fact alone that the runner doesn't need to use the healing magic until the second-to-last stage (6?) shows his/her knowledge of the game and his/her skill.

Definite ACCEPT. Keep on kicking!
TwitchTV: chairbendr
Video Quality: Fine
Audio Quality: Fine
Gameplay Quality: Very skilled, as the other runners have mentioned

Accept
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Good
Gameplay: Very good, one noticeable slowdown what seemed to be unlucky timing at the start of the Bull fight stage (7:54) aside from this very nice

ACCEPT
Decision posted.