--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Kendo Rage (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Eric 'Omnigamer' Koziel!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Kendo Rage (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/kendorage/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by May 5, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
All the things
The stream recording is available below for convenience, but as always be sure to check the verification files for consistency and quality.

Terraffirmative!
So at one point in time I had stumbled across this game in an emulator while looking for random stuff to potentially run. Everything about doing this game as a speedrun is a terrible idea. Any time you get hit while moving you lose all of your momentum, which takes a huge amount of time to build up. The hitboxes are completely messed up. The jumping down attack, which is supposed to be completely invincible, sometimes just isn't and you get nailed. Add to that the fact that your health is essentially your best method of attacking and it turns into a big mess. So when omni showed me this game at a 'GDQ to play around with, I pretty much laughed and said someone would have to be crazy to run this.

So here we are, omni managed to break this down into this clean of a run, which is nothing short of amazing to me. There's a couple mistakes where he gets hit that cost pretty big chunks of time, but that's just how punishing mistakes are in the game. Basically all of the actually difficult and interesting things go perfectly, including the entire boss rush, and all of his lives are used to attack efficiently and not tied up in random unnecessary deaths.

Easy accept.
Fucking Weeaboo
Never trust a brown haired speedrunner named Bob.

Accept.
Bert = Too Stronk
I played this years ago back before I knew speedrunning was a thing when me and a friend stumbled upon this gem. It wasn't till Omni that I saw this game again and boy was it was a good time. The ridiculous issues with hitboxes (specially seeing the hitbox viewer for this game) and Momentum (among other things Murph listed above) led to some heartbreaks BUT in the end we got a solid run, And after borrowing some strats seen in this video I finally beat this game for myself so Omni is my hero on that front lol

I hands down vote ACCEPT!
This game has so much crap wrong with it that it just makes this run more impressive.  I watched Omni play through way too many attempts and this last improvement was awesome.  It's honestly been of submittable quality since cracking sub-12 but to keep going is nuts.  Beating this run is going to take considerable pain because of how punishing the game is for non-obvious mistakes.

Yeah, accept.
Decision posted.