List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Jungle Strike (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
...I'm not sure helicopters work like that.

Amazing route planning, especially for fuel/ammo pickups. Hovercraft skip/bridge clip was executed pretty much perfectly. A few collisions with stuff that cost ~1-2 seconds each, but in total, probably no more than 7 seconds lost. Some winch misses, but not a lot of time lost on those either. Missed the first go at landing the plane in stage 7, costing ~5-6 seconds, I believe. Didn't actually know you could do the rest of the missions without the plane.

One death due to fuel shortage (uncovering and picking up a fuel drum would likely have taken about the same time as crashing) and one intentional death by getting shot down (to crash on and kill a fairly tough enemy). One unintentional death, costing about 6 seconds, but not dying there would still have cost so much armor that to not die in that stage an armor would have to be collected instead, so it probably only cost ~2 seconds when accounting for that.

All in all, I estimate about 15 seconds lost. Very nice, this is not a very easy game.

Was especially nice seeing stage 4 get demolished, because fuck that stage.

Switched to the commentary track about 10 minutes in, there were no audio issues with the game sound up until that point and I don't think there were any after that either. No video issues.

The listed time of 42:41 should be correct, I started timing at 00:18 (when the chopper appears on the landing pad in mission 1) and stopped at about 49:59~43:00 (when the chopper starts its landing secquence on the landing pad at the end of mission 9, as once it's started landing you cannot control it).

An obvious accept!

Quote:
Yup, this is my fault why this took so long... Im sorry. This is an easy accept. The run is super smooth with only minor and mostly uncontrollable slips. The AC makes this easy on me as it points out everything I noticed and more that I did not. Have fun beating this one.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Wesley 'Molotov' Corron!
Thread title:  
difficult and stupidly random
Awesome.  Can't wait to see it.
Conserve that fuel!
SEGA Junkie
I'm sorry I never got around to verifying this Molotov. ;_;

Congrats, can't wait to see it!
Thanks everyone. I was checking the queue page for a while and didn't see any changes, so I assumed nothing was happening with this submission. Yay for pleasant surprises!

Mike89: Oh, I figured one of the responses was yours. I was thinking about guessing you and Toothache, but I guess I would've been at least half wrong. Also, reconsider Desert Strike? Tongue
Sandbagging
Congrats Molotov. Lookin forward to seeing this Smiley
You got a deletion wish?
Request: Add Reason: The game cracked like a safe.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-11-08 06:10:14 pm
Precursor
Quote from Molotov:
I was thinking about guessing you and Toothache, but I guess I would've been at least half wrong.

Indeed you would. I know this because the first verifier response is me.