List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Jim Power (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video: Um... Good... In the loosest sense of the word I guess...
Audio: Good
Cheating: Nope

Jim Power, very interesting choice for a run. Very difficult game with very poor controls. Always cool to see games like this torn apart.

And man, the runner sure does a cracker jack job of destroying this game!... In the first 3 levels at least.

Starting around stage 4, when the runner unintentionally dies to the mid-boss, things get pretty dicey. Stage 5 looks a lot worse than it is, but it could certainly be improved. Stage 6, unintentional death on an auto-scrolling shooter stage looks pretty sloppy. Stage 7, there was at least 3 unintentional deaths, one of which was a really lulzy fall into a spike pit.

This run is like a car that has been thoroughly washed and is certainly clean, but the owner didn't want to fork over the money for the hot wax, so the car lacks that shiny polish.  I consider this run acceptable, but not excellent.

Given the nature of this game, I honestly don't expect this run to be improved for quite some time.

Decision: Meh... Pretty low on the boner meter, but I think I felt something move down there... Accept.

Quote:
This game hurts my eyes more than Mohawk does. Kinda forgot that. Wow.

A/V is fine, and the run definitely comes off as blatantly improvable from the deaths alone. However, that doesn't mean it will be improved any time soon. This would require someone actually doing multiple attempts at running this. And it hurts. Physically. Also I hope you don't wear the 3D glasses. It makes it worse somehow.

This is a bit of an obscure game that isn't considered much for running, so even with the possible improvement, I just don't see the record being taken down for a long time. I suppose that's generally not a good policy for accepting SDA runs, but I know from experience how difficult trying to play this game fast can be and it would be a lie to say that this run isn't impressive still. It definitely is and deserves a spot on the site.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Josh 'funkdoc' Ballard!
Thread title:  
Congrats, funkdoc! Watched attempts and practice for this run, glad you got it and finally also got it verified. Smiley

B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Verifier 2:

This is the truth to the max. Grats on surviving this game long enough to run it, Funkdoc.
Edit history:
__sdfg: 2013-03-04 06:43:01 pm
D:
How the hell did we find two people other than funkdoc willing to play through this game?
Is PJ
Quote from zallard1:
Quote from Verifier 2:

This is the truth to the max. Grats on surviving this game long enough to run it, Funkdoc.

Also agreeing with this.

I think I had a bounty up for this, so get at me with your Paypal info and I'll make it happen, Josh.  Congrats on getting this accepted!
spread the dirt to the populace
thanks yall! i explained this in my comments but it was really more my capture card & controller issues that made me submit this than anything else. all my SNES controllers would randomly let go of R even while i had it held, which was what got me killed on the stage 4 miniboss.

i was still using lagarith instead of the AMV codec at the time, so capture would prob be fine now. the controllers though...yea i just dont see myself coming back to this game sorry!

btw to 1st verifier, i think the fall into spike pit may have been one of my intentional deaths. there are a few deaths that may not look intentional but are, because i can run past a bunch of stuff with the invincibility. dont remember too well tho, its been so long haha