Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

James Bond 007: Nightfire (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Ricecooker'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

James Bond 007: Nightfire (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/007-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 3, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
The name's Bound... James Bound.  I mean seriously, did you really think you were speaking with James Bond?  That man's leaps need some serious work.

A/V good, no cheating detected.  There's a failed attempt at the grenade jump in the first level at the beginning of the video, as well as a timer before and after the run, but it's easy enough to cut out.

As for the run, it's pretty optimized from what I can tell, and features some legitimately entertaining moments.  There are mistakes: one death (which only costs a few seconds), some movement and shooting errors, but nothing terrible as far as I could tell.  At first I wondered about the helicopter fight, but apparently you can't access the rocket launcher right away, and it seems that actually hitting the chopper once you get the launcher is as annoying as it looks in this run.  And as a final aside, I had no idea that the PC version of this game was so different from the console version until now.

Accept
I pretty much just have to mirror that.

It's one of those runs that just feels optimised. Yeah, there are some little mistakes, including that death, but overall, it's worth an accept. (I'll admit I'm a little biased, I've been waiting for a run of this for ages! But still, this feels worthy of my satisfaction.)

RE: Console v PC. Yeah, it's pretty different. The main thing is the lack of vehicle sections, but then you realise that all the levels are different as well. Pretty much at least, it's insane how many changes they made. Also, now they're using GoldSrc, all the fun glitches can be performed.

So yeah, easy accept from me.
Yeah I saw something about this game getting a source fan remake, but didn't know it was finished.  So I guess it's worth mentioning that this is on the original 1.0 version (if you follow the youtube link on the run information page, the runner mentions it in a comment).
Decision posted.