Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'deg222'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ironsword/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 18, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
A/V - No problems whatsoever and sound was as clear as an old NES game was going to get.

Cheating - None detected.

Gameplay - Execution looked really solid for a game that has some pretty bad collision detection. A couple deaths aside it looked like very little time was lost. From what i saw of the previous run on SDA there is quite a number of enemies that can stun/knockback you, however i saw none of that. Only time save i could see was during the boss you had to shoot in the mouth.

Easy ACCEPT from me.
A/V: good

cheating: none

nice run nothing I could say would tarnish it. like osey889 said execution is improved compared to the old run. is it me or do those 4 animals you saved look pissed even though they thanked the knight for saving them?! Tongue

ACCEPT
Rye bread, beer and snus
A/V: fine
Cheating: none detected

This is a really strong run of a notoriously frustrating game. All the known tricks and glitches are used to their potential. Having played this game and knowing what kind of an RNG nightmare it can be, I never believed we would ever see a sub 10 min run, never mind a sub 9min run. There are some minor hiccups in the run, but overall this run is really really strong. This will be an extremely hard run to beat.

This is about as easy of an ACCEPT as you can get
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2015-03-04 08:29:55 am
Master-88
Hi guys. This is my verifiaction respond.

This run is over 2 minutes faster than my run into site. Its really huge improvement over my already good run. I timed 8:44 using my stopwatch. This run was also nearly as fast as TAS run. Though there is new TAS up now. Which is much faster than old TAS. Im not are watch that new TAS run yet. Probably some new things are happen here. But its not matter my verification responds.

There is 2 deaths but run is done without taking any extra life. Game is nearly impossible beat without deaths, because game never fill your energys and enemys are dangerous as hell. Runner also got silverfleeche which is really useful against last fight.

This run is simply insane good and huge improvement over my SDA run.  Really good RNG happen here.

ACCEPT.
I've watched this run before and it was nice to watch it again with a proper video quality (the youtube video has issues that have been fixed in this submission). This is a very good speedrun. There is of course still a bit of room for improvement (explained in the well-written comments), but like the other Wizards and Warriors games, this one is heavy on rng and the game mechanics are hard to master. It definitely won't be an easy task to lower the time further if someone were to try. Congrats and

Easy accept
A/V: No complaints. I watched all 4 vids.
Cheating: None.

This run is excellent. The game is an RNG nightmare at times and even beating it normally is a feat. Then we see this run beat the game in under NINE minutes.

I wish I'd known about that strat for the final boss 25 years ago playing this as a kid...

This is an easy ACCEPT.
Decision posted.