Sad
<- 1  -   of 127
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
i dont even watch seinfeld lol
Im new here, dont know how to make public posts but im here to revive the boogerman speedrun community, thats my mission.
I'm Blacksecret and I have been speedrunning for close to 3 years now, my only visits to SDA have been for researching the games I have been speedrunning and their history, but ever since I started running Quake my interest to this site has risen and I would like to make some contributions of my own

Anyways my main speedgame is Gothic and I normally speedrun PC FPS games and any other games that I really like, I'm 24 and I work as an electrician
Hi all new peeps! Welcome and we're waiting for your submissions Smiley

Blacksecret: Just feel free to post in an existing (or new) thread about what game you're planning to run. No-one may reply (though if it's PC and and FPS, I may well) but at least this will help to coordinate things in case someone else had the same idea. Goes for everyone of course.
Hey! Glad to join here and hopefully can learn and help others as able Smiley Primarily run NES games and a couple SNES.
Hey, i'm LoesungVier from germany. Smiley

I want look into speedrunning Sly2 and/or Sly 3, or just remember and share some of the old glitches i saw as a child.
Nice to meet you.
I am Japanese, but English can only understand simple words.
I recently started a speed run. Speedrun target games are MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code and Mario Kart64.
Best Regards.
Greetings,

Not sure why I'm blocked as a new user when this account is from 2014... but anyway.

I'm interested in the history of collaborations in game communities, and how technical research is performed for speedruns and longplays. 20+ years ago, speedrunning was a cutthroat business, where good players hoarded their findings and taunted the masses after a successful update. Now it seems more like scientific research, with conferences, open documentation projects, and commentary tracks. These will be especially important to the alien archaeologists when they arrive!

I am most often found on the Doom Wiki (doomwiki.org) and its related forum (doomworld.com), also occasionally on TASVideos and YouTube.

If I was ever a skilled player myself, it's long gone :> so I'll never burden your disk drives with recordings. But I do promote the SDA verification system to anyone who'll listen -- it seems to have a unique integrity in the anything-goes era of clickbait and achievement points.

Everyone keep doing what you're doing, thanks! :>
I'm Tabitha (or Tusk or TL as per my username) among other names and I'm a community college student in my early 20s. I've been a lurker on here for long enough I forgot when I actually even made this account.

I want to be a speedrunner and let's player at some point, I've done a couple of twitch streams under the name LuskedTemon, which I use mostly just to watch streams. I've been a gamer forever and in recent years been dipping my toes into the speedrunning community, I try to catch at least a bit of GDQ each time it comes around after all and am a big fan of the Summoning Salt style of record history documentaries. Watching other people do something challenging is enjoyable.

I've yet to properly speedrun anything and am not sure which game I should even start in, but I know it'll have to be one I'm passionate about to make strats more easy to spot.

Outside of that: I'm a furry, transgender, and I like manga/anime, posting on the internet, Pro Wrestling, science, and reading.
Quote from Xeriphas1994:
I'm interested in the history of collaborations in game communities, and how technical research is performed for speedruns and longplays. 20+ years ago, speedrunning was a cutthroat business, where good players hoarded their findings and taunted the masses after a successful update. Now it seems more like scientific research, with conferences, open documentation projects, and commentary tracks. These will be especially important to the alien archaeologists when they arrive!

If I was ever a skilled player myself, it's long gone :> so I'll never burden your disk drives with recordings. But I do promote the SDA verification system to anyone who'll listen -- it seems to have a unique integrity in the anything-goes era of clickbait and achievement points.

I prefer not to think there's any kind of community or zeitgeist: it's just individuals doing whatever they're prone to do. A heck of a lot of knowledge still isn't presented in any organized and open mediums, I think mainly because the runners are lazy. Meanwhile the marathons and streams attract mostly runner-types instead of researcher-types.

Speaking of, even if you don't think you'd make a runner, you can always contribute to theory. You probably know the wiki we host. Looks like you're mostly a Doomguy though. Even that one guy who's been looking into Heretic weapons on YT should really put all his knowledge into tables, not just videos. Which one's easier to scan or search through?

Glad another one has seen the SDA light. XD

Quote from TuskedLemon:
I've yet to properly speedrun anything and am not sure which game I should even start in, but I know it'll have to be one I'm passionate about to make strats more easy to spot.

Glad to have you officially onboard! Whatever you get into running, don't neglect to submit some day so everyone can see it. I always gladly write about whatever games on the front page when given the chance.
Just joined, trying to resurrect the speed run community for Zack and Wiki.
Glitchhunter
Veteran glitch hunter looking to find some tricks to push old games into new light here Smiley
Hi, SDA

I am PC and Game Lover, used to play many games from my childhood times like Call of Duty series, IGI series, GTA series, Counter Strike and many more.
I've recorded some runs of Project IGI but don't know how to get them published so I've just submitted only one right now but I'm sure I will submit more in the future.
Hello everyone!

I'm Arnaud, I mostly enjoy retro gaming like the sega master system, gameboy and NES. I love to watch and learn about speedrunning, Since I have more free time thanks the covid-19 & my parental leave, I started to speedrun an old DOS game I really loved when I was kid: Time Gate: Knight Chase. I already submitted to speedrun.com (recently approved), I submitted to speeddemosarchives to get more feedback on my run.
hello. I am rogen:-*
Hi, i'm ainny, also known as berry

I currently do speedruns of Plants vs. Zombies and hope to start some new discussions about it on here to make the community more popular, which has grown a bit just this year with about 25 active runners but doesn't have any sort of wide recognition yet
Quote from AINNY:
Hi, i'm ainny, also known as berry

I currently do speedruns of Plants vs. Zombies and hope to start some new discussions about it on here to make the community more popular, which has grown a bit just this year with about 25 active runners but doesn't have any sort of wide recognition yet

There are too many games for them all, even just the speedrunnable ones, to have "wide recognition". You should probably just do it for its own sake. The best use of SDA is to eventually submit some runs and when they show up on the front page, more people will see them than just those who already knew something about the game.
i am OdDzBall. I'm from India. I did full project IGI game only with knife with perfection. I want to share my videos here especially mission 4 (GOD) video.
I also did some mission speedruns.