Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Heyo! Im sunny, i run octopath and will be attending sgdq this year!
Hello, I come from Estonia and am a big Alien vs. Predator game fan.
Hey! I love retro games and I'm currently obsessed with OOT randomizer.
Hi My name is Kinsuk and I am a GAMER! My mom hates it when I call myself a gamer but sooner or later she will have to accept the reality Grin
Hi all newbs!

Kinshook: She'll come around when you're making LoL millions... or once you've submitted your first SDA-grade run to us!

Same goes for all of you. No time to lose! Wink
Hey y'all,
My name is Seth A, Obviously i go by Quicksaber. I am new to speed-running, I've been interested for years but never tried until now. i Mainly Speed-run Vector, a cool little parkour game that I've been playing for years and cant wait to get a time. I also enjoy throwing discus, as ill be going to college in the Midwest for it. Im pretty excited to start using the forum, and pretty excited to be in the community. Good running!
Hi my name is Terry and I am new here. I just love all things computer related and gaming is my ultimate relaxation thing :-)
Edit history:
ghostlife: 2019-07-21 08:46:57 am
hey i'm there but you already know
i'm alex, being waching speedrun since the first AGDQ, i played games the fast playthrough way i'm also canadian, also my avatar picture (well i found it on google, but my cat basically look like that but way older)
Always Somethin'
Hey everyone! My name is Casey and I'm actually a game developer by trade, currently working as a Multiplayer Level Designer. I absolutely love what SDA does, how they do what they do, and the joy and passion they bring when they speedrun for GDQ. It's GDQ that got me into the idea of apeedrunning and I have a few ideas of games I'd love to give a shot - if nothing else, for the joy and fun of it. Hope to see y'all around!
Hi, I'm famicom.

I just like watching speedruns.
Hey everyone, I am naneun and I am addicted to playing games and I am proudly accepting it too Smiley
Hey my twitch is Billy_bongsalot you can check me out there.
Hey
Hello, I'm KikooDX. I like playing 2D platformers.
I'm now "speedrunning" games since almost 2 years now, thought I started doing relatively optimized full game run a year ago.
Don't have anything important to say, hope you will have a nice day ^^
Hey guys, My name is Dror, i'm a software developer and i love Final Fantasy games.
i've recently made an app for FF12 and will soon post a link to it in the appropriate forum thread
Welcome new peeps. Now prove your worth by setting some records! (Not that it has to be a record run necessarily for SDA)
Hi, I'm a quake addict, no speedrunner but I like to watch speedruns. I also like to automate stuff. Cheers!
Yo whats up, I'm Haku. Ive lurked around SDA for a long time, but most recently IVe been learning to speedrun quake, and it only felt right to upload runs here.
I stream on twitch at www.twitch.tv/hakuthecobaltwave, and upload most of my noteable PBs to youtube as well at www.youtube.com/channel/UC82cjQ-Y0fdtbbCda126ctw?

Achievements / noteworthy gaming happenings in my life
------------------2014------------------------------------------------------
Super Smash Brothers Melee Lunch/Study Hall Club in Highschool
--->Link / Sheik Main
(I used to leave a small flatscreen, gamecube and controllers in my locker to play with friends at lunch and study hall)
Began learning tricks and glitches necesary to Speedrun Majora's Mask
First Uploaded Youtube Video (Ahhh the good ol' days...) ----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpkgG4jAPew
------------------2015------------------------------------------------------
First Complete Majoras Mask Speed Run
My First Complete Run ---> www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1erA0b5q1E
Began Grinding CS:GO Competitive
First Recorded Competetive Ace (Old me's crosshair placement gives current me nightmares...) --->www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvIvFDDkcKQ
------------------2016------------------------------------------------------
200th fastest Completion of The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (I can't believe this run is still that high up the leaderboard!)
My Personal Best Time ---> www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8DtChUQJZk
Leaderboard ---> https://www.speedrun.com/user/Arktix_FN
------------------2017------------------------------------------------------
Achieved the rank of Master Guardian 2 in CS:GO
------------------2018------------------------------------------------------
Achieved the rank of Master in Overwatch (Soldier/Tracer Main)
------------------2019------------------------------------------------------
Resident Evil 2 Remake -Leon A  -New Game -Standard -60fps
100th Fastest submitted completion in the World --->www.twitch.tv/videos/376466880
Achieved the rank of Champion in Fortnite
Hello, my name is Arthur. I came here to get helped in finding old games from my youth. Hope you can help me Smiley
Hi Everyone!

just wanted to say hello and thank you for submitting topics @ my favourite old games.
I'm here quite by accident, a YT suggestion if I recall correctly => quick browse => watching this stuff makes me really happy, it reminds me of earlier times Smiley

I wasn't aware that speed runs are so popular in all games categories, so while browsing through, I jumped to one of my favourites, Dungeon Keeper, I've played it like 20 years ago! Smiley
I still recall many, many hours of fun with my friends from school, using bulb screen, AMD 75MHz with 16MB of ram (16 MB of RAM was an true overkill at that time! Cheesy )

Anyway, I was thinking about getting back to old games, so I've watched DK speed run "Best time: 1:55:19 by Maxime 'zoonel' de Lacheisserie on 2009-07-01, done in 20 segments"
I've read about segmenting speed runs, so I think (?) I understand how it works.
I have a question - this is a very detailed type of question - in lvl17th, there is a lvl10 imp at the start of lvl17th - this means, that this imp has been transfered from a secret level (a feature in aside of regular 20 levels in DK)
There is no "segment" that would show a gamplay to do so, so the overall completion time does not include this. Does this mean that this speed run DK record time should be ammended to include secret level gameplay time?

All the Best,
Maddog.
Hi maddog! Could you post about that game here?
Quote from LotBlind:
Hi maddog! Could you post about that game here?

sure, thanks for info!
Avid Watch of SDA & SDGQ since the coach day b4 it started being an event and been donating and supporting on the stream.
Edit history:
venyanwarrior: 2019-11-08 12:40:31 pm
venyanwarrior: 2019-11-08 12:34:27 pm
Hi, Im writing this becuase, well, Im new here.thumbsup
I like playing Mario Kart and other Mario Games in general.
So... yeah. Any tips for a newb like me?
Hello, I'm just someone interested in learning more about the history behind speedrunning for a project I'm working on so I made an account. I'll post a new topic soon.
Edit history:
oxyjoe: 2019-11-24 08:21:17 pm
oxyjoe: 2019-11-24 08:20:18 pm
oxyjoe: 2019-11-24 08:20:09 pm
I'm Oxyjoe, OxxyJoe, or Proxy. Not a speedrunner but have followed the community, watching GDQ events on youtube and the like.

I will let my motivation for making a profile go ahead and introduce me.

I Remember back when Zelda OOT and speedrunning got a flood of attention when Cosmo (narcissa wright now) performed the any% run. But I don't understand what's going on in terms of it. On the page (http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaOcarinaOfTime.html) it still shows he is the WR holder, with a time of 15:22. Reddit says his time was more like 18:10, and 4 months ago Torje did a 16:58 run on his stream and on youtube. I'm confused

Anyway, being an avid gamer I love the idea of speedrunning, even though I don't actually do it myself.