Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
A newcomer to the world of Speedruns
Hello. I go by the name S73V3N or just Sleven/Slev. New to these sorts of things but more importantly I would like to create a name for myself and make some bonds with some peers.
Been mostly Speedrunning Freedom Planet on Hard Mode. But will attempt other games in the future if possible.
If you like to watch me stream you can see the links on my profile. Cheers and hope to be more active here on SDA
I stole this avatar, shh!
Hi everyone. I'm Sky. I don't stream due to not having a capture device, but I run Yoshi's Story and plan to start Sly 4 any% once I finish getting all of the trophies. I'm pretty social and I love cake and anime. Have that in common with me? Tell me about it. If not on SDA then my Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005004555226
Hiya, I'm Fox and I play video games (shocker I know) I pretty much run anything I feel like playing that day, then learn the game and attempt to get WR!
Hello.  My name is Color. 
I am a college student, aspiring author, and connoisseur of sarcasm. 
I enjoy speedrunning all sorts of games, and only recently decided to look into the online communities for them.  For the longest i only played fast because i liked seeing the time at the end, but after getting into speedrunning the Dark Souls games, and having some nice chats with a few speedrunners about them, they told me that the magic of the internet is a great font of knowledge were i can meat people who like the same games i do.  And might even enjoy speedrunning them alongside me.
So thats nice.
All the games i ever bothered to learn to run, either casuely for fun or to actually do well in (for whoever is interested, although i have no idea why you would be) aaaare *drumroll*

Metroid Fusion- Low % Hardmode.  Tons of fun.  And tons of resets to stupid deaths and an accidental energy tank!  Still pretty slow with it because i tend to be overly cautious at points and never got over my 10 year old self's fear of the SA-X. 

Dark Souls-All bosses and Any %. Probably the game i have played in the last 5 years.  Havnt caught up with the more recent route changes involving move swaps and such.  So i still use the old BKH-RTSR run that was routed before the sequel came out.  Do enjoy using the moveswaps for the occasional joke pvp match Cheesy

Jak and Daxter- Dont know if this is a game people actually run, but i enjoy doing it.  When getting 101... THOSE RATS!!! UUURGHHH

Metroid Zero Mission- Dont do as much as Fusion.  Still enjoy it though.

All the Sly Cooper Games-  Mostly just for fun.  Half my speedruns end up turning into full play through.

Recently i have been fooling around speedrunning Fire Emblem: Awakening.  Its tons of fun, but i dont think anyone else speed runs it.  Its probably what im going to spend most of my remaining free time messing around with in the near future.  Trying to run on lunatic but finding its way too rng heavy early game for me to actually want to play it, at least without resetting 5000 times each level or taking a year Tongue  normal and hard are fun though! 

And wow that went alot longer than i meant it too.  Oopsy.

Welp.  Dont have much else to say. 
So... um...
Guess thats all...  gunna... go ahead and hit that post button... 
Cya.

Hi, i'm Puppycat. I'm a streamer, competitive gamer, and a speedrunner. A friend or two of mine told me to join this site since I speedrun games and such.

But yeah, hi.
Ay yo hey there! I go by bootaide just about everywhere. I um, I'm pretty new to speedrunning! I've been sorta interested in it for a while between watching streams and watching friends learn to run games themselves. I was tipped over the edge by the prospect of eventually working up to speedrunning my favorite childhood NES game, Guardian Legend, as a sort of First Hurdle to cross.

RPGs, especially older JRPGs, are my passion, but I doubt I'd actually enjoy speedrunning any of them. I also play a lot of rhythm and high-speed action games though, and I like to consider myself pretty okay at them.

As of right now I'm looking into a few games to start out learning the basics of running on the NES. Not really sure what I'm going to start with so far so I'm definitely open to suggestion. I have no idea if I'll end up even halfway decent at speedrunning games, but it's worth a shot!

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read about my humble slice of persona, and it's nice to meet you all!
Looking for: Friends, Times, & Fun!
Hey everybody! After watching you guys for a couple years I am hype to start learning how to run the games I love. Cause of Spike I have been learning movement tech and enjoying the hell out of Rayman Legends. And people like Murph and PJ playing more retro games Iv'e been de-rusting my Brainlord ...And because i'm some kinda masochist  looking at playing Wanders from Ys III ( Actually Love that game if even for just the music alone! But I actually love Ys III ) I can't capture my consoles yet due to the lack of hardware ( And my PC honestly is held together by tape and bubblegum at the moment but that will be fixed soon I hope! (Plus I can stream Rayman due to playing it on Xbox One so the built in broadcasting feature will at least get me that much.

Glad to be here everyone and getting to meet the lot of you!
I'm FiveIronFanatic! I'm trying to get back into speedrunning Braid right now, trying to get back to my 28-minute runs from about 6 months ago. I'm also working on a project where I reach level 99 in the No. 1 Reactor in FF7.

Yeah. Those two are kinda polar opposites.

I've been meaning to get involved for a while, but I never got around to it. I'm here now, though! *waves at everyone*
Hello! I am DrKojak/DrCroc and I've gotten into the speedrunning mood after this year's SGDQ.
I'm going to try running Summoner, and maybe Beyond Good & Evil on Steam. Both games I have loved from Years back which is convenient that both are on Steam and reliable.
So here I am, going to make use of these forums to help myself and share how the Summoner speedrunning comes along as i work on it.

Other than that I'm from South Australia and I'm a miniature painter (Warhammer/40k, Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian wars, Amiibos, scale models, you name it) http://kojak-miniatures.tumblr.com/

Should be good!
I am Chris, and I have recently joined this community and must say I am extremely happy with the help and advice everyone has provided for me so far. I live in the UK and am currently working on speedrunning another game to get another one under my belt, but unsure what game it is I should speedrun other than the one I run now.

I am hoping to meet some great people in the future and help them as they do for me
Hey guys I'm Darren @sparkle Muffin) and I've been watching speedruns for a while, and I am starting to speedrun Tales of Hearts R. I don't currently have the means to record it with anything other than a cellphone, but when I get something better I'll submit my runs!
Here goes nothing. My name is Kyle Soulimiotis or nicknamed DemonicSlowpoke. I use this nickname due to the fact I used to run a community Facebook page that posted funny pictures and memes essentially. This was way back in 2011. I'm from Chicago Illinois and am 19 years of age going to community college for general education and will be looking to transfer to a major campus for computer engineering and/or graphic design.  I haven't really speedrun anything yet but I'm looking on routing a glitchless any% Mother 1 or Earthbound Zero run for the NES/Wii U VC. How I got into speedrunning you might question, well I suffer with chronic bipolar depression and I cope by watching speedruns of any game really from my childhood. Also I've been a returning viewer/donater to AGDQ and SGDQ since 2012. To name a few people that I really enjoy watching: ObdaJr, Puwexil, Carcinogen, Werster, Essentia, Cosmo, Duckfist, Iateyourpie, and so many more people that can't come to mind at the moment. Today is my first day as a member of the forum and hopefully I can meet a lot of new and interesting people that can help me get accustomed to the community. Good day and may the RNG be in your favor! Smiley
Hi All!

I am Matthew Nickname - Origosis (Ori)

I discovered speed running thanks to random channels on Twitch over the past few years. And my first marathon "AGDQ 2015" really opened my eyes to all the varies kinds of speed runs. And I have been lurking on these forums for a few months. And watching lots of streams. 

I don't think I will ever speed run a game. As there is simply no game I love enough to play 100+ times. But I am still waiting to stumble upon one that calls to me. Until then I hope to one day Host a Marathon here in Rhode Island. Something small at first with a few re=streams, and maybe a few people on site. Doing 4 per a year. Seasonal 48-72 hour streams.  Nothing really different from the usual mix. Just focused on local speed runners and raising money for out local charities, hospitals, etc..

Anyways Hi all! This is such a cool community.
How's it going! New to the speeddemosarchive forums and just joined yesterday. I'm no speedrunner but I do plan on at least contributing to one game while I'm here. Smiley Catch y'all later.
Time to fit you for a wooden box!
Name's Speedy. Obviously not my real name, but that's pretty much my nickname shortened and what everyone calls me.

I found out about speedrunning I think... a few years back? Probably sometime around 2011, and I knew about Quake runs at the time since that was and still is one of my favorite games. I started getting more into it recently with watching many, many Games Done Quick runs and then also speedruns of some of my favorite games, and not so favorite games. It wasn't until a few days ago that I decided to try my hand at actually speedrunning.

The game I'm working on now is Blood II: The Chosen. Even with a forum topic it seems no one else is interested in the game (not surprised), but that ain't gonna stop me from trying. There's a few other games I'm interested in, namely SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division. 

Aside from that I do game reviews (username on YT is the same as here) and tweet about things on twitter. So uh, hi.
Hi i'm "Random" Julien.
I 'm a belgian speedrunner of Alex kidd in miracle world. I subscribe on this web site for posting my world record of this game.

See you soon
Happy to be here!
Hey Everyone,
Im Grif, 29 years old from Ireland
Been interested in Speedrunning and the SDA since i stumbled on AGDQ 2012 and i've been hooked ever since!
I would love to attend the GDQ's and host some runs someday and or help out with the Tech Squad.
so hit me up if you want!
Peace!
I'm Dance. I'm starting to get into speed running and I'm trying to run Blinx the time sweeper for the orignal Xbox. Can anyone suggest any tools I can buy so I can stream RCA inputs into my computer? Thanks.
For real, why did 7 eat 9?
What's up guys.
You can call me Butterlord or Butter, whichever you prefer, I currently speedrun Super Mario 64 (70-Star atm, used to do 16-star for a while) and Star Fox 64 (only any% atm but other categories eventually :D) I've been speedrunning since July 2014 and have been going ever since. I got into it like how a lot of people did by finding Cosmo and watching him and now I'm on the train (was gonna say boat, but trains are faster)
I stream here so feel free to say hi in chat, and if you like me maybe even follow http://www.twitch.tv/butterlord120
Hi Everyone,
My name's Marcus, I go by the tag Game Raider online.  I have been slightly obsessed with watching speed runs since last year, it just fascinates me the pure skill (and memory capacity!) to run games, so I started speed running the PAL version of Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon a little while ago, I am aiming to get <2 hours.  I would like to get to know other Mystical Ninja runners.  I don't do the Japanese version due to 1) Me living in the UK (Guernsey to be precise!) and 2) Not having gotten around to purchasing a Japanese N64 or Passport Plus! Wink

I don't stream all too often, I try to get on when time permits.  Please check me out when you can on http://www.twitch.tv/gameraidergsy

Thanks all.
Hello Everyone,

My name is Scott, I go by the name scottsm (my first name, followed by my initials). I am kind of late to the show, I started watching speedruns at AGDQ 2015, and I missed about half of SGDQ 2015 simply because I did not realize it was on. This years SGDQ really piqued my interest, the show of skill and mastery people showed for their respected games ignited a spark in me. So I decided I wanted to get into speedrunning. It took me a few days to square down the game I wanted to speed run, the choice was important because I would be spending 1000's of hours running the game, so it had to be a game I really enjoyed, so I picked Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

I am also a huge anime fan, my favorite anime being One Piece (I don't care what people say, it's perfect normal for a man approaching 30 to still like anime). I am a glutton for adventure, and putting 1000's of hours into a game I love is a great form of adventure. I have no plans to attempt to go pro, it's all about having a great time.
I forgot what the sun looks like...
Heyo, I'm Felicity, I've been lurking around the SDA forum for a while but finally decided to register since I've decided to get more serious about speedrunning in the hopes of attending a GDQ event one day. I'm still mediocre and intend to improve my run of Spyro The Dragon, later moving on to speedrunning all of the games in the original trilogy. My favorite console is the PlayStation 2. Great memories attached to it, and I won't soon be taking the experiences it gave me as a child for granted.

The only hobby I have besides gaming is art. I live eat and breath it, and I'm hoping to have a career in it one day.
Edit history:
lookingforforumhelp: 2015-08-11 06:46:16 am
lookingforforumhelp: 2015-08-09 05:54:18 pm
lookingforforumhelp: 2015-08-09 05:49:28 pm
I don't best know how to do this ... my current username says it all ...

I am slowbro aka Tom Batchelor, I haven't posted at SDA for a long time, my password has been changed (by me, a few years ago), and I long since lost access to my @yahoo.com e-mail account(s).

Could anyone help me regain access to my old forum account?  My current e-mail account is the one I used to register for this hopefully temporary username.

Thank you!!  I am no longer attempting to speedrun but I'd love to be able to post at SDA forum a bit again.

edit: In case there was any confusion, I'm looking to re-access my old SDA forum account, not my old e-mail accounts.  Lol!

edit: Might as well introduce myself a bit Cheesy ... Hi, I'm supposed to be slowbro and I am a katamari nut, though these days I'm playing completely non-competitive iOS games like Simpsons Tapped Out.  In the past I got a few runs on SDA.  I love cats!!
Name is Josh or u can call me Ninja. I'm 27 have a full time job, but when i have down time ill cont to do my best to stream. all the games i play been addicted to them sense they first came out and now its time to test what I can really do now all grown up. From RPG's to shooting.
http://www.twitch.tv/elysiumuk
Hello,

My name is Carl, and I've been into speedrunning for just over a year (watching), although only started running in the last six or seven months. Always single segment, and always on the hard/est difficulty. Started with Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the xbox 360, and now am currently running Killzone: Shadow Fall on the PS4. Plan on streaming live to twitch once I get a bit more familiar with the game. Favourite runners are Anthony Caliber (Last of Us), JigsawTwitch (The Evil Within), Psychohypnotic (Alien: Isloation), and Heinki (Deus Ex: HR). And (of course) everyone at the AGDQ marathons Wink