--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speedrunning Newb
Uh... H-hi everyone. Firekirby here...
*deep breath*
Man, I am super nervous. Before I created an account, I was really doubtful I would ever be worthy enough to hang out around here. Part of me still doubts I am. Nonetheless, I'm here now, and I'm going to at least try the best I can to earn my worth.
Anyways, may as well introduce myself. My name is Alec Emmerich, though I go as Firekirby online. I've been playing games since as long as I can remember, growing up with games like Chameleon Kid, Sonic, Dr. Mario, Super Smash Brothers, and above all, Pokemon and Kirby. (the latter two contributing to my username, which is the only one I've ever really used online) I definitely consider myself a higher-tier gamer, I kinda had to be with my completionist nature. Whether I'm in this tier of gaming or not, though... that remains to be seen. As for how I came to be here now, well it just figures it'd be a Kirby game, huh? Up until recently, I never considered being capable of speed-running. Then I decided to replay Dedede Tour on Kirby TD, and after shaving 25 minutes off my PB, started singing a different tune almost immediately. I love kirby games, TD possibly above all others, so I felt the best chance to at least try to get into the community was to start with the game I was most comfortable with. Guess we'll see how that turns out, huh? Wink
...Yeah, still pretty nervous. Ah well, baby steps. I saw a Kirby TD thread earlier while browsing, so I suppose I'll start there. Then, I guess I'll possibly pop over to the IRC. Here's hoping a nub like me doesn't get chewed up and spit out by all the bigwigs around here. Tongue
Super Scrub
Hey everyone!
ATwerkingYoshi here! I've always been a fan of speed running and after beating Ocarina of Time on a dance pad, I feel like I can contribute to the community somehow. I may not be really good at speed running, but playing on a DDR mat makes me want to attempt some games on a dance pad and see how fast I came beat them!

Nice to meet y'all!
Hye everyone.
My name is Damien, I'm 31 and french. I have been watching speed runs quite often those last years, and now I decide to jump the gap and try the real thing. I'm mainly interested in 8 and 16 bit era games (which I never really gave up since my childhood).
At the moment, I'm starting to work hard on my first run on a classic game that I love : Shinobi (Master system). I have been starting the adventure some weeks ago, and even if the game is pretty simple, making a speed run of it is still really hard for me. Now I realise how hard it can be on more difficult games. I feel humble and I know that I'm just at the beginning of a long path. But I'm really motivated and I'll do my best.
I have been starting the thing on an emulator, because here in France we have slow 50 Hz systems. But, as I realised that I really love the thing, I just grabbed a SMS that runs in 60 Hz. So now, I've got the good ninja weapon to beat the ring of five as fast as possible ...
Otherwise, about me, I like (of course) videogames, and my main other passion is making music (mainly electronic / acid / rave / experimeltal ... NO EDM, he he).
That's all about me. I hope I'll have some good moments here.
And to conclude, a LOT of respect to all the runners here.
Cheers.
Your Local Transgender Runner~
Hello everyone.~

My name is Kayden, or Kay-Kay for a nickname.~ I'm 22 years old, from the United States, and am very new to the running world. I have never sped-run a game before, but I decided that upon seeing how enjoyable it is for both the runners and the viewers, I figured that I could give it a try after gaining a bit of help. So if you look at my name and the words under it, I am transgender, female to male, meaning I identify as male. I am pre-testosterone, pre-operations, and that means I've never done either of the two. So if my voice ever surfaces in my future runs, then you'll hear it change ever so slightly at some point.

My favorite games I'll be looking into are Sailor Moon: Another Story, some of the classic .hack games (Infection, Mutation, Quarantine, etc..) and Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica. I don't know if anybody has given those a run, but it'll be nice to try if not. I hope to be good enough someday to make it to (AG)(SG)DQ one day, so let's get this party started!

I hope to befriend a lot of you in months and years to come.

--Kay-Kay--
Ok I'm "new" I've been watching a lot of speed runs since 2013 and right now and I want to speed run myself with Resident Evil 5 which is one of the first game I waana try to upload but I don't know the right tool to do it, so if you could recomend any I'll be really greatful Cheesy
Rad... They have taken me...
Greetings everyone here at SDA! I go by GinTatsu in the gaming community and am new to the SDA/GDQ scene. I've been unofficially Speedrunning games for most my life (primarily Mario, Donkey Kong, and Mega Man titles, but enjoy anything else with speed and finesse). I've recently gained increased interest in completing runs thanks to stumbling onto old AGDQ/SGDQ  marathons (Super Metroid is my all-time favorite game, thanks to Zoast and Ivan for the inspiration!).

I'm interested in doing runs of currently archived games. But my initial and primary focus is to produce runs for, and archive one of the best and in my opinion, very underrated NES games there is. The Adventures of Rad Gravity. A very difficult and in-depth platformer with partly non-linear gameplay and a protagonist who resembles the love-child of Elvis and Bruce Campbell. I'm hoping to rally support from others whom have played this game and would like to see it archived, I mean c'mon, it's "Space Ash"!
Hi there, everyone. I'm GameIT_ES but you can call me Javi. I try to do Luigi's Mansion speedruns although it is a very hard game. My PB is 1:23:51 at any% and I have been trying it for about 10 days. Hopefully I will get better. Thanks for all and enjoy Smiley
I am Tatertot. It is a long story how I got that name but that doesn't matter. I have watched quite a few speed runs and find them fascinating. I mostly have been working on Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number but honestly I need a lot of work before I am ready to post any runs. So far my record for the first real level is 27.6 seconds with an S rank. I am about to turn 18 and I do carpentry for a living.
"Just smile. Trust me it helps^^"
Hey Speedrunning Community.

My name is Michael "ShazamShinobi" and after watching speedruns for nearly a year i encouraged myself to try this myself.
I am interested in 3d Platformers for runs and startet with "Rayman3" recently which keeps me busy.

Hopefully I can learn and experience many awsome things in this forum and be a part of this awsome community.
www.twitch.tv/spacelobsters
Hey guys! My Name's Joe and I'm here representing my channel/group space lobsters gaming. Having always beena  fan of Resident Evil I recently decided to start playing through them on stream, and I found I had a particular affinity for Resident Evil 2, having played and beaten all 4 scenarios on stream (some for the first time in a decade, some for the absolute first time) with no saves or first aid sprays I decided I finally wanted to speed run it. I stream at www.twitch.tv/spacelobsters every day a 6pm est and usually go until 3-4 in the morning and hope to see some of you guys there! If I'm not speed running re2 I'm playing other Survival Horror games such as Fatal Frame and Alien Isolation
Hello fellow Speedrunners! My name is Pot Skillgrim, I've been watching speedruns of some of my favorite games I grew up playing, beating, deleting my save, rinse & repeat. Titles like Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I grew up playing a lot of SNES/N64 games. I am as noob as it gets in terms of speedrunning but I would love to try my hand at it! I'm interested in practicing a myriad of games such as Megaman and I think Banjo Kazooie would be a great replay once again =]
Hello Speedrunners,
My nickname is Abyssum, I am french video games enthusiast and even though I have been an observer of this community for many months (years ?), I recently decided to make a step ahead.
I mostly enjoy PS1 games such as Crash Bandicoot and Azure Dreams.
I hope I can enjoy this community even more from the inside but I don't doubt it, as GDQ gave me such a good feeling about all this.
Cheers! Smiley
Hello! I'm cinnamoncole. I'm a female university student going for a degree in Mathematics. I've always liked finding ways to beat games faster, and my first "speedruns" were beating Sonic Adventure levels in under a minute or two. I finally decided to start practicing honing my skills once I found highlight reels for GDQ.
I like platformers, Sonic being my favorite, but I also like strategy games, Bioware games, and city builders. I also play Gundam Full Boost pretty often.
Glad to be here! Cheesy
AKA Hoxton
Hello,
I'm Yoppah otherwise known as Hoxton/Kieran I'm at University studying Computer Science I speedrun Dishonoured casually and have the WR in Goat Simulator GoatVille and City Bay maps. I'm currently working on improvements to the routes and hope some other people will join in running the game as there are only two of us right now.
I also rock climb and skate when I'm not playing games.
My name is Mercury and I want to learn how to speedrun the Mega Man Zero games. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
Hey there guys, I'm Mindez. I've been inspired by recent GDQ events and I'm finally deciding to try joining in with the community and start getting into speedrunning myself. And I doubt anybody actually reads this thread so yeah. Hi. I look forward to seeing you all around the forums and to seeing all of your runs!
Rad... They have taken me...
I'm reading this Mindez, we are ever vigilent!
Long time lurker; first time poster.

Hey I'm Bock, and I have been getting into speedrunning for a couple years now.  I originally tried to run Legend of Zelda games, but my busy schedule made it nearly impossible to practice as much to become good enough for aynthing competitive.  I love playing The Binding of Isaac and so I love running that game over and over again.  I live close to the GDQ marathon this year, and was able to see it for the first time in person, which was awesome.  It also inspired me to begin posting and stop lurking. 

In my spare time I enjoy biking, and going to concerts, but I spend most of my time in a research lab.  I love chemistry and science!  My greatest passions are science, video games, and music. 
Speed gamer and score gamer
Hello, everyone, Tetrabaz here! Getting into speed running and I'm excited to be joining the community! I look forward to being on the receiving end of tips for now, but can't wait to be experienced enough to give my own tips!
Hey all, I'm Dilupus. I'm a long-time lover of speedruns, but I generally don't play very fast. I'm working on breaking that bad habbit, and hopefully soon I'll have something to show for it.
Yo people ! 
After watching AGDQ and SGDQ a couple of times, I got inspired to try running myself. But in order to do that I need some advice from this lovely community, thus I created an account. 
See you all around !
I decided to join the community specifically because of Summer Games Done Quick.

I enjoy doing in-game speedruns (eg, DKCR and DKCR:TF Shiny Gold medals) but have never attempted to compete against human players. I'm considering learning to speedrun Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the Wii, since I love the game enough to have completed everything else in it.

I hope to become and stay active in this community!
Hey guys, I'm Kit, and I have no idea what I'm doing. But I guess everyone starts somewhere. I'm just another guy who thought about joining after watching SGDQ. When I say I'm just starting, I mean really brand new. But this seems like a great community from what I've heard. I'm happy to be here. Even if I am typically a lurker, I'll try to return as much help as I take.
twitch.tv/DADCAST
Yooooo

Not new to speedrunning, new to the speedrunning community though.
Mainly looking at running/organizing Way of the Samurai 4 stuff.
What? Where am I?
Hey folks! I've been following this community and watching it grow since 2012, and it's nice to see how big it's gotten. The runs this year finally inspired me to try running for myself, instead of just observing all the time. We'll see how this goes, eh?