Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My nickname is LunaStik, I'm somewhat new to speedruns (done a lot of casual runs in platformers) and have been lurking here for about 5-6 years. Finally decided to get slightly more serious. Right now I'm looking at Xenoblade. These RPGs seem more to my liking as I like thinking more than reacting.
i like memes
Hallo! I'm Salts and I've been watching speed runs and GDQ for years. Finally decided to make an account and potentially join the ranks of participators. Looking forward to playing old games again!
Hello Speedrunners, I'm Gamer_David. I've been watching a lot of speedruns for a while now, including some GDQ's, and have done some semi-serious speedrunning myself. I hope to start getting a bit more serious about it though so here I am.
Edit history:
DJ Majette: 2015-05-24 11:09:19 am
Sup everyone. DJ Majette is the name. I strolled across here after binge watching speed runs on Youtube. Huge Metroid fan and I want to do a Super Metroid speed run one day. If I can get under 1:45 real time I'll be extremely happy with that.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Happy Memorial Day Weekend.
snort
Uhhhh hi!
My name is Lily, but I go by like... 5 other names too. When people meet me I usually just tell them "Call me whatever name you think I look like!"
I am a scrub! I'm interested in running Little Samson in 2017 (affording that cart's going to be fun) and possibly Kirby's Epic Yarn and Tomba! at some point, who knows.
I'm 21 and about to graduate college with a psychology degree that I have no idea how to use. Aside from video games, I like making music, drawing, and writing also! My favorite food is meatball subs and I like psych rock B)

I think you're all super cool and I hope to be at least a somewhat-viable member of this rad community!
Hi!
My name is Ispil. Saw the site mentioned during AGDQ 2015, though I've known about speedrunning for a while now. Just finished getting everything required to set up some running of Rayman 2, which hopefully involves less yelling than I think it will. Hopefully.
Ahoy hoy!

My name is Andrew aka DreameR7g. I've very recently discovered SDA through AGDQ and SGDQ along with Puwexils Final Fantasy relays. I've been a lifelong gamer and mostly been addicted to RPGs and a few competitive games. I lurked here for a little while, re-watching my favorite speed running videos and stuff on youtube and I've finally gathered up the courage to make an account and introduce myself. It's a pleasure to meet everyone. Smiley I'm hoping to make friends and be a part of this, clearly, warm community.

I'm also a person whose shy at first, fearful of making mis-steps with people so if you are interested in getting to know me, I'll have to ask you to contact me. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. >_<;;

I personally would love to get into speed running but I honestly have no idea how I can start. I especially would love to speed run FF4, FF5, FF6 or even learn how to do projects such as Suikoden and Chrono Trigger.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope you all have a great day! ^_^
Heya Everyone!

I recently discovered the speedrunning community and I was so amazed by you guys that I decided to finally dedicate myself to speedruns!

To describe myself a bit, since I'm 3 yrs old, I am playing games in a way that I can finish them as fast as I can (specially NES and SNES games). My first love that I tried to master back in the days was SMB3 on the NES (that i lost a bit over the decades)  but over the time, I kept the same mentality games after games. When I discovered SDA, I was surprised to learn that there is a lot of people like me who loves to do that.

As I can see, you guys are very helpful to each others and I'll try to do the same by sharing my skills and knowledge. Smiley

For a first game to speedrun, I think I'll go for Adventure Island II on the NES. The main reason is when I was a kid, I wasn't able to finish the last boss, and I really wanted to beat this nightmare! Other than that, I might aim at Kirby Super Star and Super Mario RPG at some point.

I thank you all for taking the time to read this post and hope you guys have a great day!

PS : My real name is Jonathan
Get Good or Get Got
Hello, friends. My name is Zef. I've been speedrunning for a few years and I am just now getting into streaming and recording. I want to get as many records as I can in any game I can. I prefer to play some of the less appreciated games, to bring them into the foreground of the community and support the developers. If you are interested in watching me play some crazy games, I'll be streaming on www.twitch.tv/taktikalzef
Edit history:
Silentsigil: 2015-06-17 06:20:52 pm
Hello, everyone. I'm Silentsigil. I only learned about the speedrunning community when I saw my first AGDQ this year. I've watched some runners on twitch since then.

Somewhere going on two months ago I started thinking about a Legend of Mana 100% run and I've been trying to research and carefully route a clear path through that maze.
Half-Lifer
Yo! Joined SDA like 5 minutes ago! But I've been a lurker for soooooooooooooo long. I only decided to sign up because Im going to donate some money soon and I thought I could keep up to date better with the speed-running community. I've been on soureruns.org a little while now. Went to see if SDA had a forum and it does!

I am 22 from London and I play Half-Life.. every day for hours and hours. It's the only game I like to run personally, but I always have speedruns on of other games in the background or just all the time. lol (nerd)
Earliest memories were quake. Holy hell was playing that game in my Nans spare bedroom at like 6 or 7 years old. Then my friend nextdoor told me about Half-Life and those two games stuck in my heart forever. Along with Metal Gear Solid (all of em') Anyway, excellent work on this site. I think I recall visiting it many, many years ago to get some quake 2 demos or something? (that was the first game I ever saw done quickly) You'll catch me in IRC mainly but I will try and contribute when appropriate to the forums too! Feel free to hit me up on ICQ as well!
Hi,

I joined SDA today.
I play video games since I was a child. I own many video game consoles, but I spend most of my play time on PS3, PS4 and Steam.
Yo! I just joined this site a few minutes ago. I'm a professional Mario Kart Player, and I play competitive sm4sh. I'm looking to start speed running some games!
Praise The Sun!
Hello Im a huge fan of speed running watch SGDQ and AGDQ every time they are running, I follow a bunch of speed runners and never thought to well try it myself. I'm 28 years old have two kids, a beautiful wife and a full time job. Like a lot of people in this community these games are my passion I grew up playing most of the games that are popular among the community. I don't have a lot of time to devote to learning a game but what time I do have I will poor into it. I plan on attending a AGDQ or SGDQ really soon but I dont have as much time as I used to. Im a huge Dark Souls fan, its one of the more modern games that actually gave me the same feelings I used to get from games like Castlevania and LTTP. If you have an recommendation on games to learn please feel free to shoot me a msg. Really looking forward to getting to know the community. Real name is David. Nice to meet you guys!
big broooo!
Howdy, everyone! I'd introduce myself but honestly, I just go by any nickname anyone would like to call me. I'm not really a speedrunner yet, but I'm avid in watching speedruns and wish to participate in the discussion of them so that maybe at some point I would get involved in this community! I was thinking of picking up Dream Team when that ends up getting anywhere as that's my favorite RPG, though I might start with something easier. (I've wanted to run Spyro, as well. I just don't have the system for it yet.) It's nice to meet you all!
I joined last Friday, Im Ryan, I don't care what you call me honestly, I don't have any specific games I enjoy to run, but I have run Mario64 a few times, still got some time to shave, but its a work in progress. The one I have been working on a lot lately is Destiny stuff. Not raids mostly cause not many people I play with like to go fast, they are much to overly casual. I have done a few glitchless runs of Skyrim, and oblivion. but Im mostly here to figure out exactly how I should run differently. Soon once I get my GC back from my brother im going to run a ton of Mario Sunshine stuff. nd later a Paper Mario TTYD. pm me if you got any tips for destiny, that is my child right now xD
Your blade never cuts deep enough
Hello, everybody. I'm Mr. Epic, and I plan on running Spore and its expansion, Galactic Adventures. I have a decent amount of experience with games and have always wanted to speedrun, yet never really knew how.
twitch.tv/TuckVA :)
Hello everyone! My name is Henry Tuck (Call me Tuck) I am a bored high school student that likes voice acting and video games. I have been speedrunning since 2013, but never did any streams and stuff till now. I literally just started streaming since like thursday. I just started learning Luigi's Mansion Any% and I want to get my time to a 1:09 til I'm done with it. I tell myself that I have other games I will speedrun in the future, but really I just play games when I want to. I have been routing Shining Force for the GBA for a little bit and it is very difficult. My biggest issues with streaming right now is my bad internet and computer, and my crappy Diamond VC500 Capture Card. Although I said I don't really have any future plans, I do wanna run Castlevania 64 in the future and at least one 3d zelda game. Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Ocarina of time 3d and A link between worlds all interest me, but I don't have a way to stream the portable ones without buying a 3dscapture, and wind waker is expensive as hell. I like to collect video games as well. I have collected the most for nes, but thats is mainly because theyre common and cheap. My favorite console is probably Gamecube. I like to play Smash brothers sometimes. I'm just learning how to play competitively, and me being me and wanting to play characters that are not usually played, I play mewtwo in melee and palutena in smash 4. I've hopped around in brawl a lot, and I don't know who to play as in it. I've rambled on for way too long, so on with your day!
Yao!

I'm kajentu. Been cheering on a friend who speedruns castlevania 1 for over a year now (think he made it to top 9 some time ago). Anyhow he and another friend who is speedrunning super meat boy made me want to dive into it. The game I've been analyzing to become my ultimate speedrun game will be Wonder Boy in Monster Land made for SMS. This is a game I adored but couldn't finish as a kid. It's time for a 20 year old revenge and beat the crap out of it!!

Other hobbies of mine includes the making of music and sound for videogames. Something I wish to work full time with in the future!

Wish everyone the best! Grin

Peace / kajentu
Hello Speedrunning Community. My name is Kevin, I'm 29 and I love playing games and playing guitar. I've been into speedrunning for a while now but have only been a spectator so far. I'm planning on becoming a runner for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past... As soon as I figure out where to start. thumbsup
Hey guys- I'm Jake/Var-stil-own.  I've always loved games, I was raised in a home with a NES my parents owned.  When I was five and was asked what I wanted to be when I grew I said Mega Man, and still think it's a pretty bitching answer.

I've just recently started legitimately running a game, Serpent in the Staglands, a CRPG.  I'm hunting around to get it some more attention because it's a fantastic game with wonderful developers.  It's also a very easy speedrun game once you get the route down and it's not a very tricky one to learn.  I love watching Super Metroid, any MM/MMX, any Castlevania, and any Mario runs.  I've dabbled in Super Metroid and MMX1-2 runs but can't nail the some of the tricks consistently enough for anything competitive.  I stream on Twitch under this same name, and I'm also currently developing a video of my own, working as the lead writer and assistant project manager.
Hello to all

I been some time arround but i dont introduce to the global comunity, but now here i am.
My name is Alberto i am spanish and i have 24 years. All my life i live with the videogames and books i love. Actually i speedrun Bastion, and maybe in some time closer i go to learn Dishonored or other game for PC.
Thanks for your welcome and the bastion comunnity for be so nice with the newers like me.
Hello to all

I been some time arround but i dont introduce to the global comunity, but now here i am.
My name is Alberto i am spanish and i have 24 years. All my life i live with the videogames and books i love. Actually i speedrun Bastion, and maybe in some time closer i go to learn Dishonored o other game for PC.
Thanks for the welcome and to the comunnity of bastion for be so nice to the newcomers like me.
the goal is conquest
hey,
my name is Martin, I am a 25yo guy from Czech Republic, currently studying in the US. I used to watch speedruns for years (basically of all the games I like to play, but especially classic Tomb Raider, I subscribe to multiple ytb channels of TR speedrunners), but only now that my gf gave me ideas when watching me play SiN, I am attempting a speedrun of it and surprisingly it seems I am doing quite well so far. I hope you will like it when it's done!