Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/InternationalTrackAndField.html

International Track and Field (pal) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hard]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Chris-X'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

International Track and Field (pal) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hard]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/InternationalTrackAndField-20160916/International_Track_and_Field_Speedrun.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Is only one file quality necessary?  The old approved one has three.
Quote from mrprmiller:
Is only one file quality necessary?  The old approved one has three.

I believe only one quality is provided for verifying, but if it gets accepted there will be encodes for the other qualities, too.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2016-11-05 02:30:29 pm
So I just have the same question/small complaint about overkilling events like the shot put and hammer throw especially: a bit less distance means a bit less time taken surely. This is more pronounced in this run than for IT&F 2 because there's more of this kind of event. Just seems like an oversight.

EDIT: Well the runner did say something in the other thread now - it's just difficult to believe it's that hard to make the qualification with slightly worse results when the runner looks so consistent in doing well better than them.

However this is an accept anyway because improvement on existing run.

Yes there's sometimes just one quality for verification.

accept
Quote from LotBlind:
EDIT: Well the runner did say something in the other thread now - it's just difficult to believe it's that hard to make the qualification with slightly worse results when the runner looks so consistent in doing well better than them.
I see your point there. Not having played this myself, I just wonder how precise the game mechanics are to allow you to keep a consistent level of power to just slightly pass the qualification mark, whereas it's of course pretty consistent to just mash the buttons like crazy to get a much better result.

A/V Quality:
Quality is alright.

Gameplay:
Again, the strats look well considered (for example where to get a foul saves times and where it doesn't).

No cheating

Verdict:
Accept.
Hi everyone.
Thanks again for verifying this. I appreciate your suggestion to save time that way. That'll be something for my next attempt.

Chris-X
Decision posted.