Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/IndianaJonesTempleOfDoom.html

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'feasel'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/indianajonestempleofdoom-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 7, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
HELLO!
YOU WIN BIG MAN

I've never played this game but I've watched a lot of attempts of it on the Internet, and it seems like the only thing that went nontrivially wrong here, was when he went right from those gems and the door wasn't there, so he had to backtrack and go left.  Just one of many pure RNG bits here.

But he got most of the RNG, and didn't get overly held up by enemies stunning him.. Accept
Pretty sloppy run, but it's Feasel, so what could one expect?
Joke aside. Compared to the current sda-run, this one had better execution (unless getting trolled by enemies is more or less rng), better exit luck in level 10 and some minor route adjustments. There is still quite a bit of time to be gained, but I have no reason to doubt that the rng plays a pretty heavy role in this game and therefore makes it difficult to get completely optimized. Overall, it's a nice improvement.

Accept
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2014-08-29 07:51:40 pm
I was honestly expecting a different (and better looking) game here.  This game does look like it could be rewarding to somebody who could get past its flaws though.  But I guess that ignorance is what I get for watching other people I’m following for an extended period of time. Tongue (also note to self: actually join feasel’s chat once in a while)

A/V good, no cheating detected

I can’t find any reason to disagree with the verifiers above me, or anything to add.  Accept.
more like Indiana Jones and the RNG of Doom Dx. I don't understand how heavily RNG this game can get but compared to the one on SDA its an improvement. Accept.
A/V good, no cheating, was there live watching via Twitch when runner got this run.

This run has better RNG luck than the original. This game is a brutal speedrun but the grind/reset factor isn't too bad since the run is so short to begin with. Easy ACCEPT for being an improved run over the original with better execution and RNG. It's easy to get flustered in this game when enemies gang up on you and give you infinite-feeling combos; the runner keeps his cool and it pays off.
Decision posted.