--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-11-13 12:15:43 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't Exist Yet

Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Marko 'MASTER-88' Vanhanen!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ikari2.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 12, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Terraffirmative!
I love everything about this run. The main stages are pretty much cleared without stalling at all, so there's little to say there. The only thing that seems like it could potentially even save time would be to go into the menu fewer times since it takes a really long time to load, but the times the menu is used is either to equip something to setup a quick kill on a boss or to use a speed boosting item, so it's pretty safe to say they are all justified. The instant kill glitch on the final boss is fantastic since I know its a pretty tight trick that would end the run on a miss.

Easy accept.
HELLO!
Seems like the #1 thing you're going to do in a run like this is never stop going up.

This pretty much does seem to do that.

I have to trust that the weapon selections are correct as above, because yeah, that menu load time is so terrible.

Accept it.
I was quite active in the forum helping out with the route for this run. I have played through the game a couple of times, but my knowledge is more theoretical than practical...

A/V: There is a static sound. The video is recorded at 30 fps. I assume you can get that with some capture cards? I'd say passable, but not more, in this department.
Legit: Yes

Gameplay: First I planned to go over this run with a comb and point out everything I could find, but I have changed my mind. I'll say a few things though. The overall plan is good. It's great to see that many of the strats we came up with in the forum (mirror skip in level 2, trimming off unnecessary trips to the menu etc) made their way into this run. However, I can immediately see that it still lacks a lot of detail. For example,  there are many places where there is a bit of twitching back and forth going on. Moving diagonally is 30-40% slower than vertically. Some of it is of course to dodge stuff, but absolutely not all of it. I'd also have liked to analyze some of the route choices a bit more before this went into the "serious attempts" phase.
I apologize if I come off as a bit grudgy above. I'd say that the run is good enough, but it's just that I'm convinced that a few more seconds could come off by spending just a bit more time on planning. Should there be interest in taking those few extra steps, I'll be available in the forum. Anyways, congrats Master-88.

ACCEPT

Time: First movement is at 0:07,5. Last movement is at 8:54,1. That gives a final time of 0:08:46.
Not a walrus
The video looks like it's still interlaced, so 30fps isn't necessarily a problem. As long as it can be separated out properly.
Not a walrus
Decision posted. Presuming that the interlacing issue can be fixed.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2013-11-14 05:02:14 pm
Master-88
Thanks verifers. Cool see my run is accepted. Smiley

This game is fun and i might be interested redo my time somewhere in future. But i was thinking this run went nearly perfect and im not pick up any better plans and strategys. So this run went 99% well i wanted. I think 10 seconds off might be really hard but probably possible.

Its seems bad rng with galagos 3 was most biggest single error but its not my fault and level 1 could be few seconds faster, but its very painful level with peagun. Other erros seems just like single steps and etc...

I think any less menu screen is not console possible. Level 4 with peagun is definitely way too hard on console.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2014-06-20 06:16:45 am
Master-88
Finally my run is up in SDA. Its take 10 months pass verification and wait this run. But every this waiting was worth it. Thankyou SDA. You guys are awesome.thumbsup

Everybody are welcomed give shot beat my time. I might back this game in future too. Rightnow i have some other NES game "casual runs" progress. Its might be awesome if someone make TAS run with this game. Its might be help me find some better stuffs. At this point my run is reallly tight and seems really hard to redo without better strategys.

But i´ll hope you guys watch my run and enjoy it. That not was easy task make this run.