--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-26 11:58:48 am
Not a walrus
I'm not sure "all trophies" would be accepted as a valid category, but I'm not familiar enough with this game to make a decision without knowing more. I'll bring it up with the other staff when I can.

I can say that if it were a valid category, obviously PS3 notifications would be better to have as they would make verification easier.
I'm simple
Thank you guys for the feedback. I actually did a 100 % on my Ustream channel and attempted to submit that to Guinness haha. Unfortunately, there were major mistakes in that run than there were with this run. I'll do another run in the future, but right now I'm just enjoying my PS4.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I'm not sure "all trophies" would be accepted as a valid category, but I'm not familiar enough with this game to make a decision without knowing more. I'll bring it up with the other staff when I can.

I can say that if it were a valid category, obviously PS3 notifications would be better to have as they would make verification easier.

It would probably just be a 100% where the definition is to get all trophies.
Not a walrus
I don't think we've ever had categories that weren't somehow intrinsic to the game itself, rather than something "external" like achievements or trophies. The distinction is a bit blurry, I admit. Which is why I want to talk it over with the rest of the staff first.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-12-26 05:43:22 pm
thethrillness.blogspot.com
A speed run to get all trophies? Interesting idea.

One big issue though (I think anyway). From when you will be restarting runs from either bad luck or execution etc, wouldn't you have to create a whole new gamertag for each attempt to get the notification? I'm pretty sure once you get the trophy for the second time it will not indicate anywhere on the screen that you did it.
I believe there is an option to clear all trophies from a game, as long as you're not playing online.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I don't think we've ever had categories that weren't somehow intrinsic to the game itself, rather than something "external" like achievements or trophies. The distinction is a bit blurry, I admit. Which is why I want to talk it over with the rest of the staff first.

Hmm.. good point. Smiley

It would actually be a good idea to get this clarification, period, not just for this game. Because of how core achievements and trophies have become to games these days, nearly all of them have them, and I suspect other opportunities would open up for other games with respect to 100%ing with trophies if an official ruling was made on this.
Edit history:
UghRochester: 2013-12-27 04:00:27 am
I'm simple
Quote from TheThrillness:

One big issue though (I think anyway). From when you will be restarting runs from either bad luck or execution etc, wouldn't you have to create a whole new gamertag for each attempt to get the notification? I'm pretty sure once you get the trophy for the second time it will not indicate anywhere on the screen that you did it.

There are certain limitations if running to get all trophies/achievements ever happened. First and for mostly, it would have to be a SP game where you can get them easily. Having 100 % for MP playing would take too long. Not only that, with Xbox LIVE you would have to pay for MP. With the PS4, you have to as well. It doesn't cost anything to make a gamertag/profile from what I noticed. These types of runs would only be good if you can get everything offline. Creating a new profile/gamertag takes a minute, but it's better for verification purposes.

I only proposed my all trophy run, because it's new and I've never seen anyone complete that task. There isn't really anyone 100 % tasks to do in ICO unless it's for the PS3 to gather all the trophies.
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2013-12-27 06:58:05 am
More importantly, for many games, all trophies is incredibly unwieldly. All trophies run for Tales of Graces would be 100+ hours.. LOL!
I'm simple
So, I'm definitely looking forward to doing another run with it being polished. My main two moments I truly need to practice is The Graveyard area and the area after The Windmill.
Also, to fix the quality, I should have just recorded with my capturing device's software. In this run, I used XSplit which is why there was that frame rate dropping. I tested my capturing device and the quality looks way better. However, there is still ghosting due to the component cables. PS3 has HDCP and can't provide HDMI signal. There are ways to bypass that, but I don't have the money.

Is it alright if there are few minor mistakes due to it being single-segment?
Minor mistakes okay, but falling down a platform and wasting 20seconds can get the run rejected again. The ghosting wasn't that big of a deal, but it's strange that you have it. Maybe you're using cheap component cables and they're interfering with one another? Again, image quality was good enough overall to be acceptable though. I'm looking forward to some good quickjumping in your next run. Do you happen to stream any attempts? Because I'm interested in how this progresses.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2013-12-31 11:30:16 am
To be sure to get an accept from myself if I happen to be verifying next time, I'd probably do a similar comparison (not in such detail though) as I did for this verification to see if your net mistakes aren't significantly greater than in the old run. Which means yeah you can do a little worse in some places but hopefully will do better in others. Anyway I'm sure this won't be a problem with some more practice.
Quote from TheThrillness:

Demon's Souls platinum run. Pure bladestone farming FTW.
Not a walrus
Forgot to come back and say that "All Trophies" isn't a category we'd accept, but don't let that stop you from streaming all kinds of craziness. Wink
Edit history:
UghRochester: 2014-01-01 09:17:31 am
I'm simple
Quote from bangerra:
I'm looking forward to some good quickjumping in your next run. Do you happen to stream any attempts? Because I'm interested in how this progresses.

To be honest, the quick jumping only helps if you're going up stair cases or if where you're going is completely straight. Also, I broadcast on Ustream (same name), but I don't broadcast practices. I usually just stream whatever I'm playing early in the mornings. Don't really have a schedule.

That said, I found out controlling the analog stick slightly is a pain. It's best to hold in O. I haven't played my PS4 in a week so far. Practicing quite hard with this run and trying to make my run flawless, but there's always something happening that goes wrongs. Happy New Year and see yah guys soon.