Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 ... 15, 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Sadly I use creative cloud for work so I'll be sticking with it. I'll capture with it and then use HB to mux it into a .mp4 container for editing with (whilst conserving disk space).
thethrillness.blogspot.com
So here's a turn up for the books: http://www.thethrillness.com/2014/02/the-best-720p-lossless-codec.html

Both Lagarith and UT Video beating x264vfw at 720p. Configuring proper frame seeking really hurts x264vfw and its amazing compression ratios are cut down when you supply it a lower resolution and frame rate.
so what settings should i use for recording gameplay @720p  and 1080p ?  in the past i tried amtrec  was using that AMV codec but didnt like the water mark or the size / hue    later on i tried x264vfw and wili i got good  the picture i desired  all i seemed to do was drop a ton of frames , the PC i had at the time was using an I720 , currently im using a 4770k stock  running off 12 gigs of ram and i  have a 1tb SSD so no speed problems here ,    i ended up  installing a avermedia C985  recorded fine  using the stock software at 1080p - anything lower it simply gos black screen  so unless i can come up with a work around i think il just reinstall my older BMI card and try this again  will be reocrding in 720p tho ....

my intention here  is to record online gameplay and some offline i wanted to record the mic chatter outgoing and in going voice chat on the fly but there dos not seem to be an easy way of doing that and editing is needed  any who the recorded footage would be used for commentarys mostly ( thats what i would like to do ) and also uploaded to youtube    what codec would you recommend , something for uploading to youtube and something for archiving , the screen im using as a monitor is a KDL 40Z4500 so wili hue on my screen wont be accurate at all to calibrate  or anything  like that  im wanting somthing that will look good regardless  in terms of editing software hopfully i wont have to do much still trying to work out what i would use if i do - will be free software if at all

appactie the the help
Here are my recommended 720p/1080p settings for x264vfw archiving (feel free to go below 16 if the quality lacks). I was never dropping frames with a 2500k so the 4770k should have no trouble. You were maybe dropping frames because you were using a preset other than Ultra fast.

As for the uploading to YouTube, you can edit the archive videos and use your editing programs H.264/AAC encoder in an MP4 container. If your editing program does not have this or the quality is really bad you might want to export the edited file to a lossless file and encode using anri-chan/Yua for YouTube upload.

Attachment:
Execute.
Got this splitter (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261266571979) for my PS3 based on the recommendations here, and in a sense it works. Using a Hauppage HD PVR 2 and Hauppauge Capture and ArcSoft ShowBiz are picking up on the signal just fine and the device is passing HDMI through to my monitor, but XSplit just can't get an image using it as a video capture device. I can use the CaptureModule (DX9Ex) as a game feed and that works but that causes strain on my craptop that it just can't handle alongside streaming. Any ideas? If nothing else this post is +info atleast. I just find it weird that passthrough and game capturing does work, but plain using the device as a source doesn't.
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Quote from Tohmane:

To simply add and eat the HDPVR2 output requires a paid version of Xsplit, when I tried it out last summer anyway.
Edit history:
Tohmane: 2014-02-19 03:59:10 pm
Execute.
Ah yes I neglected to mention I have a paid personal license, my bad. In that vein I also tried OBS eventhough they explicitly state to not support any Hauppauge device (yet), no go as expected.
So I looked at that splitter Tohmane bought. I don't know if anybody else knew this but the model name on an Ebay UK listing gave me LKV312N. I thought this was funny because a similar product number is used for the famous Wii to HDMI converter from Lenkeng: LKV5000.

It turns out this HDMI splitter is actually made by Lenkeng!: http://www.lenkeng.biz/ProductDetails_HDMI+Splitter_57.html

I instantly ordered it from a UK Ebay seller. Lenkeng have built up a great reputation over the years. It's amazing that it will passively output 2 1080p60 feeds without requiring external power. I don't know much about the HDMI spec but it must be powering via the 5v from Pin 18? If so that is good because then anybody regardless of location doesn't need to hunt down their regions power supply.

The splitter should be here around the 26th so I'll test it against the powered 1x4 splitter to make sure the video quality is identical and then I'll put up a review/instructions on my blog for use.
I bought three of those, been unable to get it splitting 1080p60 to a pair without active powering on both a PS3 and a PS4. 720's no problem.
Got the splitter today. It's hit and miss for me: http://www.thethrillness.com/2014/02/lenkeng-lkv312n-hdmi-1x2-splitter-review.html
Weird. My trio was kinda identical and like this: http://i.imgur.com/xGGFJKc.jpg
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2014-02-26 11:13:23 pm
TheThrillness: 2014-02-26 11:09:34 pm
Yeah I got that same leaflet and my serial sticker starts L86132. I even have the same barcode number on the leaflet. It must be capture card dependent. Has anyone else used the Aver C027 or SC-500/SC-512 with this and had success?

Edit: I tried flicking the extension switches back and forward and now I can't even get a picture on my TV now (capture cards still say HDCP message). You got a specific configuration MrLonghair?

If you have the Aver C027/H727 or PEXHDCAP/SC-500 series of cards, I'd stay away from the Lenkeng until someone can confirm it works with them and post the configuration. I read back and you said you have a BMIP MrLonghair? I guess if that shows video with the splitter then it must not be related to being a DirectShow device.
HDPVR2, power supply to the splitter
Hmm can guests post here?
I bought a Lenkeng LKV312N mentioned earlier via the linked ebay page

I don't recall it being mentioned, but the power socket is:
  • 5Vdc @<1000mA/1A
  • Center positive

Incidentally this is compatable with the output from PSP power adapters.
If you need to power it externally, you can either directly use a PSP compatable adapter or anything that can output 5v@1000mA (such as most usb phone chargers).

From what I've seen, the splitter is able to output a signal while self powered for the following modes/sources:
  • 720p/1080i from ps3* (CECH-3001A slim ps3)
  • 1080p from pc (ASUS HD7850-DC2T-2GD5 Radeon 7850)

But it needs external power for:
  • 1080p from ps3

I'm gonna go and guess that my PC can output more power over HDMI then my PS3 can, and that 1080i/p is the threshold for the box when powered by my ps3.
It could be due to variable power usage from the chip in it, likely that 1080p uses more power then 1080i.

Reciever devices:
  • Phillips 42PFL6704D/F7 (Phillips 42" 1080p (1920x1080) LCD TV)
  • Hauppauge Colossus

The box is definitely very finicky, external power makes it slightly less finicky though.
When it's actually working, I'm able to capture 1080i with my colossus (I would assume 1080p also works, but my card cant capture that)

For one output:
When self-powered, I need to get an initial picture on my tv before attaching the box or else recieve no picture/garbage  (my tv reported 1958x1100@0hz)
When externally powered, it works as you would expect it to. You dont need to swap wires, just leave everything plugged in.

For two outputs:
Self or externally powered, you basically unplug and replug everything until it works, might require directly attaching ps3 to tv first to get a signal.
You'll likely need external power if your source device isnt able to provide enough.

It's only ~$15 with shipping, I'm able to capture 1080i and pass through 1080p.
But if you have a compatable charger/power adapter you should definitely use one.
I think the issue with that splitter and avermedia cards is just they don't like each other. For example I recently got a Scart to Hdmi scaler that's also made from Lengkeng. My HDPVR2 sees the signal just fine and let's me record it (even though the colours are a bit off, probably the RGB mode), but my LGP just gets black screen and when pressing record it gives you an HDCP error message.

The funny part is when using the HDPVR2 passthrough the LGP see's the signal just fine, just with the slightly off blacks/colours.

I'm tempted to grab the splitter just to see if it'll work with my LGP but I don't feel like putting ~20 bucks down the drain and 2 weeks of waiting if it doesn't work.
Hi all, I've been looking into capturing footage for my playstation for quite some time now.

My main concern is, will my capture cards accept 1080p60 input? (I would already be satisfied of it recorded on 720p, but of course it also depends on pricing, quality/price is everything.) I keep reading different messages about whether they will work or not. Have looked into BMIP, Avermedia, Elgato, HDPVR2 and the Startech (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007U5MGBE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 posted by andrew). The HDPVR2 or Startech seems to be most suited, considering their prices. Because I couldn't really find anything else significantly different and whether they accept and especially how they accept 1080p60 input.

From what I've read the Avermedia and HDPVR2 convert 1080p60 always to 30fps even if you lower the resolution, so it's not possible to record 720p60 then. I can't seem to find any clear answers concerning BMIP, Startech or Elgato.
Was hoping any of your might know about this.

Of course after that I get the problem of HDCP, but it seemed more logical to first figure out what capture card to use. The splitter recently posted also seems to have mixed messages though. So I hope that won't become a pain in the arse later on.
Hi Zealie.

All the internal cards you listed will record 720p60 but they won't do 1080p60. The USB2 solutions you mentioned will convert 1080p60 down to 30 but they will actually record 720p at 60.

Personally I only work with internal cards because I like the diversity on offer. I can choose any codec I want (and go for lossless if I ever need it). If you just want to get good quality footage for YouTube then the Elgato/HD PVR2 is probably what you want.

If you are only going to be working with HDMI from a PS3 and have a semi decent desktop, the Aver H727 (C027 in US) is a good bet (not to mention cheaper than the StarTech for pretty much equal HDMI capture quality): http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVerTV-CaptureHD-Digital-Recorder-Support/dp/B00H34IEK4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1395841101&sr=8-9&keywords=avermedia
Hey, thanks for the reply.
As you might have figured out I'm not that well known in this capturing business. I was just afraid that somehow it might not work if I use an 1080p60 input into a capture card that can't capture in that 'mode' that it wouldn't recognize or just fail to do anything of that sort. But I'm guessing that was a bit overdramatisation on my part.
Anyway, thanks for the info! I'll look into that. I am think that an internal card would be better for me seeing as how I tend to get OCD and try to get the best encoding done etc. Plus they seem to be cheaper which is also something I am really fond of if they still perform the same.
Just here to say that I got this one: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/270641169821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and is working as expected. The nice thing is it even came with a european adapter for me. Although shipping costs were a lot, but I've had bad experience with cheap shipping overseas, so I thought let's see how this goes.
Extremely satisfied! ^_^
So for us Canadians who don't want to buy the ViewHD from amazon and have to wait for it to cross the border I have good news.

http://www.amazon.ca/Orei-HD-102-Powered-Splitter-Certified/dp/B005HXFARS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1397615924&sr=8-4&keywords=hdmi+splitter

The bought that Orei splitter there since apparently the Sewell ones that you get nowadays no longer strip HDCP. Well I just got this one in today and it works perfectly fine with my Live Gamer Portable. Thing is really tiny too. Fits in the palm of my hand. Sadly doesn't fix my LGP not liking my Lengkeng scaler but yay for HDCP stripping.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Couple of points:

1). PS4 update 1.70 is out today and removes all HDCP encryption from gaming (and you can also stream in HD now apparently).
2). I've tested some x264vfw captures at 1080p60 with PC Dark Souls 2 and if you then compress it in Handbrake it seems to auto-add reference frames for proper editing in Premier Pro.
I bought an HDMI splitter 1x4 switch and everything works well on TV and on my laptop but when I try streaming still I get the HDCP message. I don't know why its not working. Dx