--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
you know now to think about i bet the reason that hdcp strippers no longer work

the industry now switched over to hdcp 2.2

Quote:
2.2 for HDMI Feb 13, 2013
This spec is not bound to backward compatibility to v2.0 and v2.1 hence makes it a clean version of v2.2
2.2 for MHL Sep 11, 2013
This spec is not bound to backward compatibility to v2.0 and v2.1 hence makes it a clean version of v2.2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdcp

unless someone can come up with hardware that uses the master key we are probably done.

i also suspect that all the device does is bypasses the handshake for hdcp.

the device will still send encrypted data over the hdmi despite no handshake resulting in a blank image.
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Quote from ejonesss:
you know now to think about i bet the reason that hdcp strippers no longer work

unless someone can come up with hardware that uses the master key we are probably done.

Stop spreading lies. The current strippers listed here still all work.

We really need to stop guests posting in this thread. It's causing way more issues than anything.
HELLO!
The linked article clearly explains HDCP 2.2 isn't emulating the easily defeated behaviors of 2.0 and 2.1, not that it 's breaking compatibility with all previous HDMI. That would be a terrible disaster for them to try, breaking all older TVs, etc.
i am not spreading lies i am telling based on my experience i bought the sewell splitter and it is not working as sugested by various boards.

so anyone who sais i am spreading lies does has something against mean  i meant to say correct me if i am wrong .

and if you want to talk about spreading lies the government does it more so with global warming.

now from my experience of hardware i am using the black magic intensity extreme thunderbolt system with dvi to hdmi muxer witch does at least remove the hdcp handshaking so that 720p or 1080i 30 can be captured.

tivo set to not support 1080p so all content including amazon purchases should be scaled down to conform.

i know hdcp handshaking is being removed because if i connect tivo directly to black magic  i get hdcp not authorized.

now with tivo connected to dvi to hdmi muxer and then to black magic if i try to play an amazon purchase i just get a blank screen in the black magic capture program

something there tells me i think stuff of less than 1080p is not encrypted and relys on handshaking to stop recording.

1080p forces the encryption

i know that encryption must being forced because if i connect the cable to the display instead of black magic then i get a picture
that's why i think a device that uses the master key would work
Edit history:
blizzz: 2013-12-24 04:15:20 am
Thanks, that post made me laugh.

One thing the government is also hiding from you is the fact that the HDCP handshake is used to generate / exchange the decryption key. Just like in any other protocol of that kind. It is not a choice between handshake or encryption but a sequence of handshake and (encrypted or not) transfer. HDCP has nothing to do with resolution.
Quote from ejonesss:
and if you want to talk about spreading lies the government does it more so with global warming.

Ah that completely makes sense. I retract my accusation. You are 100% correct about HDMI splitters no longer stripping HDCP. We may aswell close this thread now, ejonesss has shown us the light.
blizzz i thought hdmi  does the handshake and encryption at the same time and  but  and if it sees a non conforming device it turns off the encryption for 1080i or less and 1080p just sends the encryption without asking.

you can try this

1. get yourself a current hdmi stripper and black magic and tivo.

2. set the tivo to 720p .

3. purchase something from amazon  (mythbusters cannonball chemestry is a good episode)

4. try to play that purchase and notice the screen go blank on the black magic application.

some hdcp stripping methods cause a green screen like the analog hole using component to hdmi
HELLO!
I must be hallucinating because the HDMI splitter I just got is allowing my BM Intensity to get video from my DVD Recorder, whereas it wouldn't with a direct connection.

That's great because the BM Intensity can't do 240p directly, so I have to run it through an upscaling DVD recorder. But the DVD recorder only gives 480p max by component, and the BM Intensity software's beenr eallly spotty for me with 480p. So set the DVD recorder to 720p on HDMI, and I'm golden.
Mastermind.
Triple confirming the VHD-0102M, the slim ViewHD, doesn't work. The VHD-1X2MN3D is still in stock on Amazon though, so I'm gonna try one., but I'm beginning to suspect that the higher-end capture devices (like the c985 I got my brother for xmas) are actually the ones throwing foul of HDCP rather than the outputting device.
Edit history:
ahuynh: 2013-12-28 11:25:07 am
I just bought a ViewHD 1x2MN3D, confirming that it strips HDCP. It seems that this splitter and the Sewell splitter are the exact same. The unfortunate thing is that the splitter doesn't work with my TV when it's splitting, but when it's not splitting, it works fine. So I've been recording on the live preview on AmarecTV which has quite the amount of delay, which at this point is causing trouble.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-12-28 12:11:42 pm
Quote from ahuynh:
I just bought a ViewHD 1x2MN3D, confirming that it strips HDCP. It seems that this splitter and the Sewell splitter are the exact same. The unfortunate thing is that the splitter doesn't work with my TV when it's splitting, but when it's not splitting, it works fine. So I've been recording on the live preview on AmarecTV which has quite the amount of delay, which at this point is causing trouble.

I just took out my Sewell and it has the same issue as the 1x4. Have just the PS3 and TV connected to the splitter then power it on. Wait till you get the TV showing. Now connect your capture card (If you do it capture card then TV it can fail to show on both). If that fails then I just found another way to feed both TV and capture card. Only have the PS3 input connected and switch the splitter on. Give it a few second to boot up and then connect both capture card and TV.
Got my HDMI splitter a few days ago that is supposed to decode HDCP and I'm running into a problem recording with Avermedia Live Gamer Portable giving me the message "Recording failed. This content is copy protected." Is there any special thing I'm forgetting like a certain order to connect the wires in? I'm able to see the picture on my tv perfectly fine.
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-12-30 03:31:57 pm
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Anyone of you with a BM Intensity Pro and a PS4? And a HDCP stripping splitter or whatev?

Sold one of the newtype Chinese plastic splitters to a guy with Intensity Pro and a PS4, he cannot get any image out of it, splits fine to the TV.

e: Problem seems to have been that his Intensity Pro died.
Edit history:
Ranzear: 2013-12-29 04:30:49 pm
Mastermind.
Quote from EnlightenedOne:
Got my HDMI splitter a few days ago that is supposed to decode HDCP and I'm running into a problem recording with Avermedia Live Gamer Portable giving me the message "Recording failed. This content is copy protected." Is there any special thing I'm forgetting like a certain order to connect the wires in? I'm able to see the picture on my tv perfectly fine.

Which splitter did you get? The Sewell? ViewHD? 0102M or 1x2MN3D?

Because the 0102M that the amazon page for a ViewHD 1x2 splitter defaults to does not strip HDCP.

Across manufacturers, there's the bulky older one with two ports on one end and input+power on the other which strips HDCP, and then there's the slimmer new model with two outputs on a long side and the input on the short end that does not work.
I'm using this splitter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261266571979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Quote from TheThrillness:
Quote from ahuynh:

I just took out my Sewell and it has the same issue as the 1x4. Have just the PS3 and TV connected to the splitter then power it on. Wait till you get the TV showing. Now connect your capture card (If you do it capture card then TV it can fail to show on both). If that fails then I just found another way to feed both TV and capture card. Only have the PS3 input connected and switch the splitter on. Give it a few second to boot up and then connect both capture card and TV.

I've tried the above and it doesn't work. The moment I plug in the capture card, my TV refuses the signal. Maybe my TV is just too old. I'll be getting another monitor, so I hope that will work.
Mastermind.
Confirming that the older 1x2MN3D still works, and that the trick is to plug in your device and display, power it up, then plug in your capture. The newer 0102M that the product page defaults to does not.

This should be the proper link for the ViewHD variant, which matches the Sewell, in case the latter ever disappears: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2BUXD0L1W5AKG
Edit history:
Dandy J: 2014-01-16 11:50:29 pm
Confirming that this item bypasses HDCP: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261266571979. I ordered it on Jan 16th and got it today. Using PS3 with a BMIP at 720p, just running it straight through the splitter and using the pass-through on the BMIP. Haven't tried using the splitter itself to actually split the signal, but I probably won't since it's not powered. It's also super small, very convenient!
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2014-01-20 09:23:28 am
Quote from Dandy J:
Using PS3 with a BMIP at 720p

I've got a question about the BMIP. Could you feed it 1080p from your PS3? Would it record at 1080p30, or vomit, or simply refuse and demand 720p?
I'm trying to get a quick replacement for my external piece of crap and a BMIP showed up, but I'm seeing very conflicting data online, some people can give it 1080p, some can only give it 720p.

e: I believe I've found my answer, and it is no, feed it 720p60 or bust. Guess I'll work on getting the PEXHDCAP/500n1 or eventually 512n1
i just got avermedia c285 and it seems to capture 1080p as claimed.

the only catches are

1. still requires hdcp stripper.

2. captures to mp4 h264

3. captures 1080p 30
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from MrLonghair:
Guess I'll work on getting the PEXHDCAP/500n1 or eventually 512n1

Heads up all UK members, it's 47% off on Amazon UK right now so it's under £100 for 1080p60 card, so thanks for the reminder MrLonghair!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007U5MGBE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should have mine tomorrow so will see how well it works with my stripper and for live on-pc gameplay (versus Elgato Passthrough to secondary screen).
The PEXHDCAP/SC-500N1 can only capture 720p60 or 1080p24/30. All consoles (and PC) output at 1080p60, so you won't get a picture with this card.
Edit history:
Andrew_Mills: 2014-01-23 10:10:56 am
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from blizzz:
The PEXHDCAP/SC-500N1 can only capture 720p60 or 1080p24/30. All consoles (and PC) output at 1080p60, so you won't get a picture with this card.

The description talks about full 1080p capture in the description though. Undecided I'll give it a test and if not I can send it back for a full refund via the Long Distance Selling regulations anyway.

*edit* Order cancelled in time as I can see you're 100% right. Sad

So... can anyone recommend a good 1080p60 internal or external capture card/device that offers either a high bitrate or I can use Huufy/UT/x264 lossless with? (For about £150).
Quote from Andrew_Mills:
So... can anyone recommend a good 1080p60 internal or external capture card/device that offers either a high bitrate or I can use Huufy/UT/x264 lossless with? (For about £150).

The SC-512N1 is just about £200 directly from Micomsoft, external devices that do 1080p60 and come close to that price are USB3 and USB3 is still a motherboard-by-motherboard nightmare. As much as I'd like to do 1080p60 internally and not ever again suffer from all that external devices bring, I've got too much stuff I need to put money on and not enough income to take the 512N1 route. But it does work wonderfully, with the most beautiful results. Unlike consumer level capture equipment (haven't seen BMI, the latest Avermedia or 500n1 in detail yet) it does hard red colours perfectly.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2014-01-23 11:57:03 pm
TheThrillness: 2014-01-23 11:56:03 pm
I'm actually surprised the Gen1 DirectShow devices can't be shown a 108060 image and the driver just shows it at 30. Obviously the way the drivers for these devices are written then requires the original source to be supported before you can do stuff like that.

MrLonghair, I couldn't detect any difference between my YUY2 capture cards over HDMI (Aver H727, PEXHDCAP, SC-512) so unless you really need 1080p60, the cheaper cards are gonna be fine. Get the PEXHDCAP though because of (hopefully) an RGB driver in the next few months and that's when the Micomsoft products are going to pull ahead and leave everything else in the dust.