Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
The Sewell SW-23500 ones will not work....atleast the new ones!  Just confirmed with the customer service rep the "fixed" the problem it had.  Better hope to find an old version out there and if anyone finds a good spot to get them let me know.  Ebay is where I went to get it and its a dud.

The Sewell Premium 1x2 splitter is a no go as well....just fyi! Sending it back :-(

Imma order the white one listed a couple of posts above today.
So does anyone here with a BMIP actually have their Sewell working with 1080p capture? I got my Sewell a few months ago thanks to this thread! 720P works fine but I just CAN NOT figure out how to get 1080p footage in Media Express! Could anyone help?
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Quote from Big-_-t0ny:
So does anyone here with a BMIP actually have their Sewell working with 1080p capture? I got my Sewell a few months ago thanks to this thread! 720P works fine but I just CAN NOT figure out how to get 1080p footage in Media Express! Could anyone help?

The BMIP won't capture 1080p60. You'll need to go the hardware compression route (Avermedia products) if you want 1080p60.
Quote from TheThrillness:
Quote from Big-_-t0ny:

The BMIP won't capture 1080p60. You'll need to go the hardware compression route (Avermedia products) if you want 1080p60.

Ok...:'( Thanks for the reply.
Hey all. I bought an Elgato Game Capture back in February and I really enjoy it, but as a PS3 owner I was always bummed I couldn't use HDMI. It's annoying me even more with my PS4 (though they're saying that will be patched eventually). I decided to finally try bypassing the HDCP. I just want to say thanks for this thread, it's been such a great help!

I bought the ViewHD 1x2 splitter off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/
Just gave it a try and it doesn't look like it's playing nicely with my Elgato. I get the signal to my TV, but the Elgato tells me it doesn't support 1440x1050 resolution. Going to return it. I'm not too upset, I've heard they're hit and miss and for $20 I don't mind trying. Full refunds too.

With that refund & a bit more I'm going to give the CVID BG-550 a try: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DVCT8/ref=ox_ya_os_product
Just to confirm, this splitter posted by conquerator3: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261266571979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 is the most preferable because it can strip HDCP, doesn't require a power adapter (though it can use one) and ships worldwide?
Edit history:
blizzz: 2013-11-28 02:38:40 pm
Quote from EnlightenedOne:
ships worldwide?

Quote:
Shipping to: Worldwide
Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates, APO/FPO, Africa, Central America and Caribbean, Belarus, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Taiwan, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, China, India, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Israel, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Bermuda, Greenland, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, PO Box

At least the auction you linked doesn't ship to most many countries.
Oh, it seems I was mistaken I misinterpreted Conquerator's statement. A brief image search however provided that the product could be bought at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-speed-Full-HD-1x2-Port-HDMI-Splitter-Amplifier-Repeater-3D-1080p-Female/1143566515.html with varying colours and more shipping options though there is no confirmation on whether this product is also capable of bypassing HDMI.
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Those white plastic splitters do wonders with my PS3 and PS4, I can confirm it scrubs HDCP.

The PS4 does bring HDCP handshake issues (as does the Xbox One since it protects *some* content), units in the chain will have to be powercycled until things work right, and good luck if you use picky Hauppauge equipment. The sooner I can fit a 512n1 into my budget the better.
I just bought a Monoprice HDMI to DVI converter because I wanted to be able to capture PS3/PS4 footage through HDMI with my Blackmagic Intensity Pro.

This thing just flat out refuses to give me anything but a black screen with both consoles, it's driving me insane. My connections are all fine, settings are 720p on both the consoles and the blackmagic, cables are all good because the Wii U works fine when passing through the exact same setup.

Weird thing is that when I try to get the PS4 to work through this thing both the output and input lights are lit up. With the PS3 only the input lights up, no ouput, same cable setup and everything. I'm at a complete loss here, what the hell is going on?
I bought a Elgato HD thinking that the Blackmagic was just being finicky but I'm getting the exact same problem still except that now my PS4 actually displays but is stuck in 480p (automatic) resolution.

PS3 still doesn't even output anything, does anyone here have ANY idea as to what is actually going on here?
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
I haven't experienced anything like that with my Monoprice DVI to HDMI converter, tried it minutes ago with my PS4 and it's behaving perfectly. Sounds weird.

Also, the HDMI output of my HDMI died the day I got my PS4.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
So does the PS4 use a different handshake for HDCP than the PS3? My Sewell splitter is working perfectly with my PS4, but the 4 in 1 I sent to a colleague seems to be black screening.
Have you told him to use the 4 in 1 trick?

If you need a refresher for the trick.

Start with splitter and PS3 off.

1. Have HDMI from PS3 going to the input and then input 1 to the TV.
2. Switch on the splitter THEN the PS3.
3. Wait till the handshake occurs (have picture on TV).
4. Connect HDMI cable to splitter for capture card.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
So basically ensure PS4 picture is on TV then plug into Elgato. Got it. Thanks.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from TheThrillness:
Have you told him to use the 4 in 1 trick?

If you need a refresher for the trick.

Start with splitter and PS3 off.

1. Have HDMI from PS3 going to the input and then input 1 to the TV.
2. Switch on the splitter THEN the PS3.
3. Wait till the handshake occurs (have picture on TV).
4. Connect HDMI cable to splitter for capture card.

Seems to have done the trick according to my colleague. Thanks for that Smiley
No problem. Smiley
So I was able to get my ViewHD splitter to work just fine with my HD PVR2, however the sewell one that everyone links to does not seem to work. My model is 23500 (350) I believe. I have it setup like this PS3 > Splitter > Switch > HDPVR > Monitor  and what is interesting is that if I just connect it to my monitor from the splitter I get a signal but as soon as I go through the HD PVR I get a black screen. Anyone know the issue?
When I use my Sewell, I need it to actually split the signal to get rid of the HDCP. If I just connect it to only my capture card, my capture card doesn't accept it. But if I split it, it works. So if you are just using the Sewell as a passthrough, it might not remove HDCP. At least that what happens to me anyways.
ah gotcha, will give that a shot then and see if it gets fixed. Really odd that it needs two cables outputs to work properly :/
So i tried the two cable solution to no avail. I can see the video in my Hauppauge capture program so the HDCP is being bypassed, by monitor does not want to play nice with the Sewell, really odd given that the ViewHD works just fine.
Any word on currently available HDMI splitters that strip HDCP for sure? I've just found out my third one I've tried to buy so far does not work despite being told it would. The Sewell 23500's do no strip HDCP anymore.
Quote from jj233:
Any word on currently available HDMI splitters that strip HDCP for sure? I've just found out my third one I've tried to buy so far does not work despite being told it would. The Sewell 23500's do no strip HDCP anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261266571979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
this one worked for me http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Port-Powered-Splitter-1080P/dp/B004F9LVXC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386038480&sr=8-1&keywords=viewhd+splitter  the sewell 23500 (390) did not
cant something be made to just use the master kay?

supposedly the master key is unrevocable