Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-08-30 01:15:39 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Home (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Nicholas 'Sir VG' Hoppe!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Home (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/home/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Aug. 29, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Great to see this up for verification again Cheesy  This looks fantastic to me as the only issue presented last time was the walking speed after taking the drop.  With this fixed its perfect! 

A/V: Great
Commentary: Great
Cheating: No
Hey, I was one of the verifiers the last time this came around. Literally my only complaint then was the walk speed. For those not in the know, there's a broken ladder about 1:20 into the video where you can either drop down it and hurt your leg (reducing your movement speed), or you can grab a rope from the next room and get down safely. Not hurting your leg actually ended up having a surprising effect on the final run time since so much of the game is walking, so I'm glad to see this get submitted again.

Everything positive I said in the previous verification still applies. Your movements are precise, you know exactly where you're headed, and there's no hesitation. Any improvements on this would be in the realm of a few seconds at most, and that's imagining that there's a better way to get those pesky textboxes to go away without having to hammer the controller spastically. It's basically a spotless run now.

By the way, I couldn't get the commentary working on the three players I tried, they all acted like there was only one audio track.
Fucking Weeaboo
There's no commentary yet. I'm still writing it up. Since it was taking a long time, I just sent this as a verification video, not a final copy.
Everything looks fine to me, and I certainly see no reason to disagree with those who actually know the game.  Accept
HELLO!
I can see why walking speed would be so important. This seems to be half mini cutscene, half walking.

Text skipping seems solid. Rarely seemed to stall.

Walking seems solid. Not seeing much in the way of hesitations or something that looks like a mistake and a backtrack.

I'm in no position to judge the route so  unless there are problems with that,  please Accept
1-Up!
Decision posted.
Fucking Weeaboo
Another victory for America. Better get crackin' on that audio commentary than.

Does the time I listed in the statID seem OK? Or is it incorrect to SDA standards?
Fucking Weeaboo
I got my audio commentary done. Torrent seems to have made it successfully. I didn't hear anything about the timing, so hopefully it's OK.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-09-30 12:09:37 am
Not a walrus
Israeli hasn't gotten to timing it yet (the time shows up on the status page once it's official) but last I asked he's got a big batch he's working through. If he disagrees with your time he'll let you know.
Fucking Weeaboo
OK, just checking. Thanks UA.