List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Hitman.html

Daniel 'CannibalK9' Burns's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Everything in the run matches up to a segmented run, so safe to say no cheating.

I'm not positive about one aspect of timing though - there are two types of cutscenes, ones at the beginning/end of a mission, and ones DURING the mission (in which time still passes in the rest of the 'world'). Some of the ones DURING the missions are skippable, and some are unskippable. I should think all of the cutscenes during a mission are counted towards the time, correct?

I bugged this verifier to be more specific, so he came up with this.

Quote:
Sorry, the run is very good - it is extremely optimized. The audio commentary is very useful and also entertaining. I guess the worst part is the downtime (scripted 'waits' within levels), but knowing the game, it's a lot less than I thought it would be.

The only thing I'd call odd is that when he goes to level select, 'future' levels are shown in the menu. It doesn't change any part of the run though - the missions were beaten in linear order - that is evident.

What it means is that he went back to record the main menu -> level selection screen (a non-timed non-required segment) - probably because he hadn't recorded it his first playthrough of that level, then went back and recorded it.

The video quality is fine. I'll get the official time in soon, I will be at my home PC this evening.

Quote:
To answer your question, this game does not have in-game timers.

The audio and video quality are great, and the audio commentary track is in sync as well.

There is no cheating I could spot.

There isn't really any consistency issues in this game. The missions are in and of themselves, and nothing really carries over that's relevant.

Its a very impressive run. There are a few spots where there is slight potential for improvement, but with this game its almost unavoidable to have a bit of that.

There were two verifiers who responded to me on IRC.

Quote:
The run looked good to me. The damage numbers don't make much sense to me in the game (super random), so there's no real way to be technical about how much the damage he took from gunshots.

Quote:
Yeah, it looked fast to me.
Verifier: Within the constraints of the game, anyway.
Verifier: There's a lot of forced dead time that he explains in his commentary.
Verifier: Heh, this is a pretty inelegant run.
Verifier: Probably get a lot of "UR NOT SUPPOSED TO DO IT THAT WAY" complaints.
Verifier: Actually, that gives me an idea for the run description (although I doubt Enhasa wants or needs one.)

Decision: Accepted

Reason: Everyone liked the run and thought it was well-optimized.
Thread title: