VorpalEdge: 2012-10-07 05:47:21 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented Any% Normal Difficulty run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video / audio: Good
Cheats: No

This run is pretty good and while I believe it can be improved, it's not by a much unless a shortcut is found. I haven't seen anything suspicious that would suggest using cheats, exploits or altering the game's files, however, in mission "Volven Hunters", there is a glitch that allows you to enter clip through a wall thus get to the end of the mission earlier, but the first objective won't get completed. I'm not really sure how this mission exactly works, but I think you're supposed to kill a commander in his office. This is where we lack commentary from the runner.

Verdict: Accept

//Timing

I'm not sure if we should count the briefing before the actual mission, but I'll do it. These times are without segment penalty.

Amber Arrow - 1:29
Heart of Bell - 1:50
Whirlwind - 1:28
Phoenix Fall - 2:07
Broken Knife - 1:11
Into the Darkness - 1:18
Tree at the end of Garden - 2:19
Grave on Mountains - 0:57
Last Courtesy - 7:51
Fire Portal - 2:20
Trap Key - 1:53
Viper Nest - 0:57
Escape from Hell - 1:52
Close Fire - 5:31
Crystal Falcon - 6:02
Thor's Hammer - 1:15
Snow Deamon - 2:54
Thirteenth Chamber - 1:03
Volven Hunters - 1:28
Hunt For Golden Fish - 1:27
Babylon - 1:16
King's Road - 2:17
Last Man Takes it All - 4:30
Phoenix Flight - 4:59
Phoenix's Dust - 3:15
Devil's Bridge - 2:03
Forest of Nightmares - 1:45
The Last Fortress - 6:04
Hand in the Darkness - 2:40
Lost Valley - 3:23
Fallen Gods - 2:12
Osprey Nest - 2:48

Total: 1:24:24

Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
I reckon it's pretty solid now. Definite accept. I had a lot of fun finding tricks and skips for this run, and Thinkshooter implemented everything really well. Needs more comments, though! There's lots of cool stuff in there that is highly non-obvious to the casual viewer. Yo Thinkshooter, mind if I do an audio commentary to this?

- Cabbage

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to "Thinkshooter!"
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Thinkshooter: 2012-10-08 05:58:55 pm
Thinkshooter: 2012-10-08 05:40:55 pm
Runs: FCP, FC3, XWA, HD1-2, KotOR1-2
Yay Smiley Thanks guys.

Link to the H&D 1 Deluxe topic: http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/hidden_and_dangerous_i_deluxe_speedrun.html

EC, I didn't know you were a verifier Smiley You're welcome to do the audio commentary.

I'm currently doing a silent commentary myself. It's in the form of Youtube annotations. I'll further update it later if I get a lot of questions about a section that needs more explanation.
've been waiting for a run of this game. Congrats!
Quote from Thinkshooter:
EC, I didn't know you were a verifier Smiley

Yeah, I signed up back when you did your first submission. Then when you submitted the improved version, Flip just sent it to the people who'd originally signed up, including me. I did point out before my response that having me be a verifier for this given my involvement in creating it was a bit silly, but Flip trimmed that sentence out when he posted!

Quote:
You're welcome to do the audio commentary.

Sweet, will probably do so. Will wait to check out your annotation commentary first, though. Gimme a holler once the annotation commentary is done.