Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-06-29 01:31:10 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
First off I'd like to apologize for both being incredibly late on writing this and for causing this run in the first place.
There were video problems, but they got cleared up thankfully.
Comments:
First clip is really ugly, I kinda don't know why you didn't reset then so early on, but I guess you felt like keeping going and it gets a lot better from then on.
Going out of the way for all the chests is definitely necessary due to the amount of grinding for money needed.
Cyclops fight went pretty well, although got hit kind of a lot.
Little blip forgetting to equip chest key.
Picks a great spot to grind money, where you can throw one enemy to kill two more.
That jump over the gap to the switch is surprisingly difficult. Good thing he hits it in one try, otherwise it wastes a lot of time.
Has a lot of difficult diving into the dogs.
Struggles with jump onto scenery from switch.
Good minotaur fight, was able to lure him into the lava quickly.
Nice strategy to get all of the skeleton knights stuck in the far room.
Without moving all of those enemies far off, it is nearly impossible to open the doors, they interrupt your charge punch everytime.
Minotaur 2 could have stood to be a little more aggresive but it went without taking damage.
For whatever reason the dive does not cross gaps, you fall immediately.
Nice job being able to keep track of what key goes where.
Probably the worst designed area in the game, everything looks the same and there are virtually no landmarks.
Very quick Minotaur 3.
A little bit of slip-ups on shooting the Titan.
Too cautious on crossing platforms.
Struggled on first wave of shots on dragon, but second and third went decently.
First half of Ares went very well.
Enemies were okay, not great.
Had some struggles with second half Ares, but that's too be expected. Still seemed to go pretty well.
*Note: with about 30 seconds left in the run is the one time the back kick gets used.
*Also note: this game has the worst incorporation of magic in any game, being that it costs a lot of money that you desperately need to grind and it is as strong as one of your normal punches.

Overall I'd say the run isn't spectacular, but I would accept it. Props for actually doing this garbage.

This is my only verifier who still has an active account. Sad

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Tony 'ZenicReverie' Foster!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
Yay!  This run finally made it through verification!  Congrats, Zenic!
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Very curious how this run plays out. I'll be watching this (or at least as much as I can) when it comes out. Great job Zenic!
SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG
Waiting hurts my soul...
Sorry for the poor quality run. I tried for a while to improve it, but the closest I got was about 1 minute better after the second minotaur, which totally fell apart at the dragon. I don't know I can get the dragon in one round when fighting it by itself, but it takes 2 or 3 whenever it's in a run. Somehow, this run had amazing time grinding the gold. All other runs lose time against this one.

If someone wants to improve this someday, there's at least 5 minutes barring any new glitches.

Thanks neskamikaze, I had fun making this run actually.

I know the first clip is ugly failing the glitch, but I was taking into account the gate and first rock (actually the harder of the two). Overall, I don't normally look at the time (unless it's obvious I'm wasting too much) until I reach the village. I've only been 5 seconds faster up to that point.

And now I have an excuse to sit on my other poverty games... Wink