Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Heavy Barrel (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Heavy Barrel NES
Verification respond.
Hello guys. This is my verification respond Heavy Barrel NES. This is pretty much scrolling game. Making good time you have to be keep screen scrolling all time and kill bosses quick as possible. Best weapons rush boss fights are use flame and red grenades.  Some years ago i did personal deathless runthrough with this game and i beat it 19:48. This run rush my time whole 40 seconds.
I roughly estimate final time is 19:07. Its nearly lowest possible time to beat this game. I think last boss could be little bit faster though other bosses seems like perfect as possible. Runner keep screen scroll all time and run not includes any ugly backtracks. This run is also deathless expect very last one after last boss die but thats not matter.

Decision ACCEPT:

Quote:
This is an OBVIOUS ACCEPT, so I'll make this farily quick. A/V good and everything looks legit. This game is one of those "half auto-scrollers" (the screen scrolls slower than the character moves) and it's not terribly difficult to keep the screen scrolling at all times, so getting close to the game's limit is required. The variables then become lag management, boss fights and the occasional hick-up, which leads to the screen not scrolling.
- There is a bit of lag, but it's really not much. If there are ways to reduce lag, it's at least not by much.
- The boss fights are pretty much a walk in the park with the flame thrower and grenades. The final boss was one of the few bosses that managed to properly spawn on the screen before it was turned into toast. It's much stronger than the other bosses, so that's to be expected though. All-in-all a solid effort here.
- There is one or two brief moments of not keeping the screen scrolling, but very little time is lost. Good job overall.

Quote:
The other verifiers have summed it up pretty well: keep the screen moving and kill bosses quick. The runner manages both with only minimal losses in time. Aside from something entirely new being found to bypass the slow-moving screen, this is pretty close to optimal.

I noticed about 3 instances where the screen stopped scrolling; the time sum of all of them is less than half a second. Even faster boss kills might bring back a little more time, but it's hard to give it a time amount.

No problems with the A/V and I didn't see any inconsistencies or other cheating artifacts.

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sean 'MURPHAGATOR!' Murphy!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2013-08-30 09:51:02 pm
MASTER-88: 2013-08-30 09:46:06 pm
Master-88
Awesome run Murphgator. BTW i was verifer number one its not surprise because my fun english.

LOL this run look like TAS. Grin And congrats about accepted, its probably not surprise you because this run was super tight.

And thanks your game choose. Its always cool to watch some rare NES games runs. This game is so fucking rare, its seems a lot Ikari warriors games, nobody watch and nobody play. Usually me and ktwo make this verification with rare Nes games.
Terraffirmative!
TY, it was an interesting run to do, even if the game is a bit boring. Most of my attempts were lost due to watching streams while playing, but I'm pretty happy with how clean the final result was.

I actually did find your run on youtube while I was researching this, and pretty much the only big difference is learning how to go gung-ho on the last stage. The whole game just gets blown up so hard by red grenades and flamethrowers its hard to imagine much else to do. Its a shame I can't get the heavy barrel into it, but w/e.