1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V is perfectly fine.
There's no cheating to be found.
Run comments:
-Train: Overall no time loss, other than very minor things.
-Carpe Retractum spell challenge: Some failed tricks here and there and some parts (Like the zone with two fire crabs) that could have been done a little better, but overall no major mistakes. As a sidenote, I played this game so much as a child it isn’t even funny but I didn’t know the flag that gave you Cauldron Cakes at 12:45 Tongue
-Shop and back: When I played this game recently to make sure I remembered everything I should know to verify this run, I didn’t stop at all after leaving the shop and still got Ron to be next to me without any problem. But I see how that can happen, and I understand that the runner did this to prevent further frustration.
- Outside: Some lost time coming from troll pixies. However I know more than anybody else how annoying those dang pixies can be, so overall that part went pretty well. The flying with Buckbeak…ugh. There’s almost no time to lose here anyway,and even if there is, it is so slight it isn’t even noticeable. (Except for some like hitting the wood plank in the third and fourth course but nothing too major)
-Draconifors and Lapifors spell challenge: This was a very well done challenge in my opinion, nice shortcuts too. Only that mistake you pointed out in the room with the 3 torches hurts a little, since it was really stupid.
- Expecto Patronum: Flawless.
- Library: Casting Alohomora with Ron at the door and not skipping the animation for the 2nd Carpe Retractrum costed some seconds, also the dragon got stuck with a pillar losing a couple of seconds. Overall OK.
- Glacius spell challenge: Very minor mistakes again. Good challenge overall.
- Whomping Willow: Well done once again. Nothing terribly bad.
- Buckbeak: Good part, the imps were kind of trolls though.
- Buying the portrait passwords: Those 6 seconds lost on the flying staircase glitch are pretty painful. Also is kinda weird how some passwords always open first try and some are random, but oh well.
- Ron's exam: Some seconds lost here and there but nice overall.
- Hermione's exam: Pretty much perfect.
- Harry's exam: The second imps were kind of sloppy, other than that OK.
Overall there were some minor mistakes but none major so I'll give this run an accept. Smiley
Time is 1:33:53 from creating the file to going out from the task list and 1:32:20 from start playing to going out from the task list.

Quote:
Good sound, good video, good run. Any execution/luck errors are small, and while the game is mostly linear (especially compared to its predecessor) there's still a lot to remember. Important parts like spell cast timing and the ice slides are usually done very well, as is the item collecting. I accept this game run for publication, despite its namechanging Depulso nonsense Angry

Quote:
I finally got around to watching this run after getting caught up in all the marathons. Just to say that I agree with both of the other verifier responses: Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Menno 'Menno888' van Rijsselberg!
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
What platform was this done on?
Dragon Power Supreme
PC
Waiting hurts my soul...
thanks, one more game off the request thread.