Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from Piston:
Audio/Video: Good, occasional lag but solid.

Cheating: No.

Notes: My eyes tell me this run was great, but my ears tell me that ~90 minutes of KCHAT is awful! Emotion is a good radio station. In all honesty, this is a nice single segment run.

Decision: Accept!

Quote from JustShanz:
Audio: Good

Video: I noticed a few frame drops at the following times 5:00, 25:24, 29:10, 29:28, 33:15.

They are pretty noticeable, I'm not sure if it is an encoding issue or what happened, but how amazing this speedrun is makes this a trivial issue.

The speedrun itself however, is a much needed improvement to the current SDA run. It features the latest route (at the time of recording), all missions are passed in record time + with very little mistakes.

There were some minor driving issues with crashing into traffic and such but nothing major, the two most obvious time losses are:

Missing the shot to shoot the guy off his bike in Guardian Angels (10s) and after zipping through the gate the running phone call glitch got screwed up (8s)

Couldn't find any other mistakes worth mentioning.

Let me be clear, the Sunshine Auto's car RNG in this run is great, pretty much no time wasted getting the 6 needed cars. This along with the distribution mission (Which was also good) pretty much decides every Vice City run.

This run will be hard to improve further.

No cheating detected!

Quote from Lighnat0r:
A/V good
No cheating detected

Clean run pretty much all the way through, decent luck on all major luck based sections (and there are quite a few), solid execution of the strats and route known at the time of submission.
Some car crashes (~7 total) but overall very impressive driving for a single segment run of this length.
Missing the snipe on Guardian Angels is a bit of a shame, as was failing the phone call glitch before The Chase.
(Listening to K-Chat during entire run is torture though, this had better get some bouncy bouncy commentary :P)

Definitely a very big improvement over the old run, both in execution and new strats.
Verdict: Accept

Quote:
A more than solid improvement over the existing run. Routing and new glitches have helped a lot with this run. There's a few smaller mistakes but nothing too serious.

I'll give this an accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Eidgod'!
Thread title:  
FrankerZ
Congrats!
thx everyone for taking your time Smiley
now i just have to make some comments which i will hopefully finish this weekend
Guess Eidgod is now officially the best GTA speedrunner of all time.

(psyche)
Get over here!
Congrats Eidgod!

I totally didn't forget to rate A/V and cheating. Tongue
Congratulations! OGEid
Formerly known as Skullboy
Congrats! Always glad to see more GTA runs here.
Heh, amateurs...
KCHAT still sucks.

I expect a 100% single-segment run next month.
FrankerZ
Piston please, that is my area of expertise (I don't have a big enough HDD to record a run right now)
It is about time though shanz... better get to it!
Get over here!
Quote from Piston:
KCHAT still sucks.

It's the best way to ensure that youtube won't block the video due to copyright claims Sad
Heh, amateurs...
Oh yeah, forgot about YouTube.
ChickenB0h BOH! :D
nice one GG Eid Smiley
Techno is life
RIP K9's run, good job Goddie you making me proud OGEid