Smiley
Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet (or maybe grouped with GTA4?)

Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (Any %) (Segmented)

Verifier Responses
Quote:
A/V Good, no signs of cheating.

First, I would like to apologize for the long wait, and now for the review:

The overall game-play is very poor, the driving was bad, the shooting was bad, some routing elements were missing from existing runs, bad coordination, unnecessary calls for backup, and many other mistakes. To be honest this run is bad even for a SS attempt, let alone a segmented one were you need to push as much as possible. It is very apparent that the runner didn't do his homework on this game from other runs. If this is all that this runner has to offer, then maybe some more training and research will help, but for now this run is diffidently REJECTED!

Quote:
I agree (first verifier), while the Lost and Damned DLC might be boring with constant and repetitive missions, if you want your run on the website, you have to be willing to put in long hours. I believe the runner even states in the commentary that he completed each mission on either the second or third try.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Not nearly enough polish for a segmented run

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/757/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Looking back to it I can see how bad that run was. I'm going to learn from my mistakes and try again sometime (probably during Christmas Holidays cause then I have a lot of free time) . I'm going to do everything better and hopefully go under 2 hours. Until then feel free to give me tips, cuts and anything that could be helpful to me.
Not a walrus
As an aside, would this go on the same page as GTA4 as a DLC addon, or should it go on its own page? Not being familiar with GTA4 and its "expansions" I don't know which would be more appropriate.
Dragon Power Supreme
It will have its own page, just like The Ballad of Gay Tony which is up on the site.
<(^_^)>
Quote from playsihull:
Looking back to it I can see how bad that run was. I'm going to learn from my mistakes and try again sometime (probably during Christmas Holidays cause then I have a lot of free time) . I'm going to do everything better and hopefully go under 2 hours. Until then feel free to give me tips, cuts and anything that could be helpful to me.

Don't be discouraged by the reject. I'm glad you've decided to go back and try to pull off a better run Smiley We know you can definitely do it. Have you written on the forums to see if there are other runners of this addon? I encourage you to do that before starting up your segmented run again; maybe put up a "test" segment and see what other runners think of it before starting to optimize it, so you can make sure your route is set.
If you want to do a rerun, you should check out PossessedWarriors 1:36 RTA run http://www.twitch.tv/possessedwarrior/c/2976897
k
That sucks!!! But dude you have to take avantage of the art of "segmented" runs. Can can reset on every indiviual segement if you don't like how it went, also check out PW's video: http://www.twitch.tv/possessedwarrior/c/2976897. His run isn't perfect but you have to the ability to! Keep trying! I'd love to see a SDA run of The Lost and Damned. Cheesy
I will start the rerun soon. I have nearly routed the game. I need to dust my computer so it wouldn't overheat at the most apprpriate moment. I'm gong to make less segments (5-ish) and may use a controller cause it has auto-aim. Will post the first segment when it's done for people to judge.
Now that's the spirit Cheesy