Segment 9:
~Los Santos done with time 2:44~
Segment 10:
Segment 11:
Segment 12:
Thread title:  
The Anomaly
Nice to see someone working on this.

Personally, I would upload my progress along the way, since you can get feedback on things that might be improvable. I know from experience that it's easy to miss obvious tricks and shortcuts otherwise, especially in a game like this. But it's your call, of course.
Quote from Angelmark:
Nice to see someone working on this.

Personally, I would upload my progress along the way, since you can get feedback on things that might be improvable. I know from experience that it's easy to miss obvious tricks and shortcuts otherwise, especially in a game like this. But it's your call, of course.

Just to say, that I already did practice run (kind of) and I'm sure that I didn't missed anything that can help me to make my run a bit faster, everything is fitted just nicely I think, so let's see what more people will say, maybe I'll upload my run
I actually started working on this, only to decide that Derek's route needed great revision. So I'm currently rerouting this before I start again.

Good luck with the run!
Meet Stakhanov!
This is an achievement that everyone would desperately want to do, but the sheer task of it is too much for most... I was tempted to try it but I'd never have the time to plan it through, but definitely good luck if you go ahead and try it! Major props if you finish the whole thing!

I'll help out as much as I can as you move through, for sure!
Quote from S.:
I actually started working on this, only to decide that Derek's route needed great revision. So I'm currently rerouting this before I start again.

Good luck with the run!

His Los Santos-Badlands strategy is great, but I improved it a little bit,as for rest, such as San Fierro, it seems bad for me, so I totally rerouted it.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
I'd definitely love to see the work you've done so far, for sure!  It's definitely a good idea to post early to see if people have some helpful ideas.  I changed a couple of things on the way for the only run I've done because of things other people knew or suggested, though it sounds like you've given this a lot of thought.
segment 14 done, and to say, that segments 12, 13, 14 will be my worst nightmare coz of really high amount of randomness. I think after New Year, January 2 or 3, i'll upload segments that i already done, bye for now
Formerly known as Skullboy
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have. Good luck. What areas of randomness are giving you trouble?
Edit history:
DJS: 2012-12-30 02:42:40 pm
DJS: 2012-12-30 02:39:24 pm
torch slug since 2006
iirc the in-game timer counts load times as well, so you will get an advantage there since you are on pc. not much, since the 360 is pretty fast on loading, but always something, so keep that in mind when comparing in-game times.
im pretty sure that when you submit to sda there will be 2 100% runs, one for console and one for pc.

good luck! San andreas is one of my favorite games ever, but i absolutely hate speedrunning it.

- if you havent seen, you should try incorporating some of that if possible. my video explains it kinda weird, but basically, if you "level up" your oxygen (or any other skill) to 99% for example, then reload your save file and take the last 1%, you will get a "level up." so that could save some time, since the 99% didnt get counted towards your time (sicne you reloaded the file). the video should make sense, but just in case
Quote from DJS:
iirc the in-game timer counts load times as well, so you will get an advantage there since you are on pc. not much, since the 360 is pretty fast on loading, but always something, so keep that in mind when comparing in-game times.
im pretty sure that when you submit to sda there will be 2 100% runs, one for console and one for pc.

good luck! San andreas is one of my favorite games ever, but i absolutely hate speedrunning it.

- if you havent seen, you should try incorporating some of that if possible. my video explains it kinda weird, but basically, if you "level up" your oxygen (or any other skill) to 99% for example, then reload your save file and take the last 1%, you will get a "level up." so that could save some time, since the 99% didnt get counted towards your time (sicne you reloaded the file). the video should make sense, but just in case

yep, used that glitch in the run. And there is no difference between loading times on Xbox 360 and PC versions
Actually I don´t think SDA allows you to do that, but then again it´s hard to avoid.
Quote from S.:
Actually I don´t think SDA allows you to do that, but then again it´s hard to avoid.

What do you mean?
You've spent time in getting the oxygen bar to 99% in another playsession, but did not actually include that in the timing. There's a similar glitch in Gears Of War but I can't find the topic. Could be good to maybe get an SDA-spokesman in here.

But then again it's impossible to not do this glitch, as it even transfers between game exits. (Unless the "max health increase" thing actually is random. I've had that thing pop up 5 seconds into a playthrough right after I booted the game up.)

While I'm at it, lemme test it.
Edit history:
S.: 2012-12-31 08:38:21 am
<deleted because I clicked quote instead of edit>
Quote from S.:
You've spent time in getting the oxygen bar to 99% in another playsession, but did not actually include that in the timing. There's a similar glitch in Gears Of War but I can't find the topic. Could be good to maybe get an SDA-spokesman in here.

But then again it's impossible to not do this glitch, as it even transfers between game exits. (Unless the "max health increase" thing actually is random. I've had that thing pop up 5 seconds into a playthrough right after I booted the game up.)

Quote from S.:

Quote from S.:

What do you mean?
Quote from S.:

Yep, you're right about it, but I used it in that place, where it can't be recognized, you'll see where when I'll upload my segments. One more question: I pm-ed you on YouTube right half-year ago about your run, and at that time, you didn't done at least one more segment?
I haven't no. I was too perfectionist and could never get past segment 2 :p
Right when I started to become less perfectionist, I found something new on segment 1, so will redo that after I'm done routing.

Also the fact that I forgot what settings I did segment 1 on, which kinda pushed the "do I reset?" over the edge :p

I now have a screenshot of my settingsscreen, don't worry :p
Quote from S.:
I haven't no. I was too perfectionist and could never get past segment 2 :p
Right when I started to become less perfectionist, I found something new on segment 1, so will redo that after I'm done routing.

Also the fact that I forgot what settings I did segment 1 on, which kinda pushed the "do I reset?" over the edge :p

I now have a screenshot of my settingsscreen, don't worry :p

Just to say, I used your tactic for firefighter mission :). But, after ~1000 attempts, done it slowly than you by 20 seconds. Worst segment in my run )
Haha, yeah that firefighter mission :p I'm glad I found that semi-consistent way there, but there's still a great deal of luck involved. :p
I kinda moaned when wave 12 was spread all over LS, but it turned out to be on the way back to Grove Street, so it probably ended up only saving time :p

Looking forward to the other segments. I have some route ideas but yet to test.
Quote from S.:
Haha, yeah that firefighter mission :p I'm glad I found that semi-consistent way there, but there's still a great deal of luck involved. :p
I kinda moaned when wave 12 was spread all over LS, but it turned out to be on the way back to Grove Street, so it probably ended up only saving time :p

Looking forward to the other segments. I have some route ideas but yet to test.

Kinda strange that we both are going for that longest run in SDA. For me, the worst missions for me is Los santos courier, where I fell of from bike once, and green Sabre, where I'm also fell of from bike. The rest of segments done perfect for me
Yeah, that's what I mean by being perfectionist. It would be insta-reset if I fall off a bike unless it happens right at a tag or something.
Quote from S.:
Yeah, that's what I mean by being perfectionist. It would be insta-reset if I fall off a bike unless it happens right at a tag or something.

The rest of that segments done perfect. By viewing run of cannibalK9, you can see that he often screw-up his segments a little. So, two fails that worth ~15 seconds, and not perfect firefighter mission in entire Los santos does mean nothing for me
Edit history:
sett3: 2013-01-08 09:56:07 pm
sett3: 2013-01-08 09:56:06 pm
OKAY, my computer finally died after 6 years of use, so i bought a new one, and decided to re-do my run, coz the screen resolution now is different, and i want to do it without mistakes like falling off from bike etc. So far, segment 1 done, working for the rest now, i hope it won't take much time.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Awesome.  Let us know if you upload anything!
Segments 1&2 uploaded