--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Seoul (ntscj) (ps2) [100 %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Reject

Reason: Not clear if this is faster than the "Tokyo" version run which seems to be comparable.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/1994/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Seoul (ntscj) (ps2) [100 %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/granturismoconcept-20161215/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2016-12-29 05:43:33 am
So are there no physics differences? The tracks? Controls? Anything? Why isn't this in direct competition with the other run you submitted earlier? I see the loading times are shorter as you mentioned, and probably there's more car reveals?

The wiki page just mentions new cars in Tokyo-Seoul and Tokyo-Geneva. If they're not used I don't quite see the point in having two runs up. We might have to reserve a slot for the latter if one of its cars are faster but seems to me we could just combine the former with Tokyo (taking loading times into account).

As a general rule SDA only accepts the fastest version of a game, but ofc it's often a bit unclear what constitutes big enough differences so it's no longer the same game. IMO the sensible thing to look at is verily what practical difference it makes to run the two. In either case I'm fairly sure one of these runs is going to end up obsoleting the other.
waiting a little longer for runner to reply: currently a reject is impending because this seems to be so much the same run as the Tokyo version.
Decision posted.