Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Blubbler'!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Gothic (Any %) (Single Segment) [Resets]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/GothicSS/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 16, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2013-10-04 03:51:46 pm
HELLO!
Between the comments and watching this run, as far as I can tell the game's been pretty much trivialized due to these glitches. I don't know how hard they are to execute, so don't take that as a knock though. I meant it as an accomplishment. Smiley

I didn't notice any video or audio issues though the game is pretty much all just running jumping and that quiet background sound going on, heh.  Not much in the way of sound effects.

However the video does cut out abruptly for me at the 17:53 mark. Why?

I also have another question: Is it the case that you can't just activate that dialogue mode glitch earlier in the run, and so never have to worry about any enemies?
Quote from presjpolk:
Not much in the way of sound effects.

I had to mute them to prevent crashes. When it doesn't find a sound, it just crashes. If I play with sound effects on, 99% of runs fail randomly due to that.

Quote:
However the video does cut out abruptly for me at the 17:53 mark. Why?

The game's finished and Fraps doesn't record the cutscenes (it's just a black screen in the recording). I could edit the ending in though.

Quote:
I also have another question: Is it the case that you can't just activate that dialogue mode glitch earlier in the run, and so never have to worry about any enemies?

No, because I need the last Orcish priest to talk to me to kill him. He walks up to me and then he falls to his death, when he walks away again. When I'm in dialogue mode, he won't talk to me and walk up to me.
HELLO!
I see no reason not to accept then unless the cutscene issue is seen to be bad.
TwitchTV: chairbendr
Didn't notice any issues with gameplay, or video. I did notice the missing sound effects. I've noticed that this video on youtube has sound effects, but is a few seconds slower. Are you sure it's not fixable? Have you followed these steps? I still say accept. If people really want sound they can watch your segmented run.
The video you linked is segmented. I don't think the problem is fixable without modding the game, because it's a programming error. The game looks for files in the wrong directory.
Edit history:
Warepire: 2013-10-05 04:04:56 am
Warepire: 2013-10-05 04:04:39 am
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from Blubbler:
The video you linked is segmented. I don't think the problem is fixable without modding the game, because it's a programming error. The game looks for files in the wrong directory.

Stupid question: Did you figure out which directory? And if yes, did you try copy the files there? In my opinion that would fall inside the limits of what is ok when "modding" games.
Just a short verification in between because I know the game.

So the lack of sound effects the runner explained as preventing random crashes. Video has an artifact around 8:08 (watching on HD) but it doesn't last very long. Sound starts crackling for some reason near the end of the run but not too loudly.

Menu work is fast. The glitches are awesome. This is the epitome of what save/load abusing can cause for a seemingly innocent game. Every trick works in the first two attempts.

I will accept this even if the sound thing turns out to be fixable with the remark that if a new video was sent in afterwards that was within 10 seconds of this time but that had the sounds, I would recommend "obsoleting" this one with that one. Also recommend editing in the final cutscenes.

Accept
Decision posted.