Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yeah it's 2:01 off your run. But the fadeout in the menu takes a little under 1 second so you might want to take off 2:00 instead. I'm thinking about timing everybody else's runs from the moment the training mission fades out completely, since that seems to be a little closer to the time it takes to select the level in the menu. It'll add 1 second to each run but it'll be closer to the time of the level selection.
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah it's probably better to take off 1 second less rather then 1 second too much anyways.
Alright, I re-timed all the runs and edited the times on the leaderboard. Starting from the frame the logo appears is a little bit later than it should. After selecting Dam, there is a little over 1 second before the logo appears on the screen, so I accounted for that when re-timing the runs. The times have been changed on speedrun.com now. I'll make some posts about it on the speedrun.com forums and discord so people are aware of the changes being made.
Metal + Speed = Life
Awesome, feels real good to get that 1:45:xx.. changed my splits and I can't wait to lower this time ever more. Sum of best splits are at 1:42:11
Metal + Speed = Life
Interesting... Any thoughts?

Metal + Speed = Life
Tried my hand at some runs today... I ended up just removing the training mission from splits and running against the 1:47:38 time I had before the adjustment. My flash was on so it makes the photo weird, can't see the splits properly but I'll upload the times. We can still see well on the bottom part of wsplit

Metal + Speed = Life
Absolutely incredible, 2 deaths but everything else was really good. Most tricks and glitches were pulled off and I saved time where I needed to. Going to be very difficult to beat this, however pulling off a deathless run is still a goal I have not achieved. Sum of bests at 1:41:54 after this run.

Everything up to Outpost was near perfect, aside Garcia being in the 2nd best spot losing me about 8 seconds.
Death in Archives, 20 seconds can be saved easy, 30 seconds if done perfectly.
Tank and Station were very good.
Death in Memorial, however only 17 seconds slower then best split, so hardly any time was lost.
Jungle very good.
The first half of Solar was absolutely awesome, second half was nearly a disaster but ended up good.
Messed up the spawn on the third wave of guards for Cradle, but the rest of the level was absolutely perfect!!

Splits

Dam - 11:11
Facility - 19:27
Airfield - 22:43
Nightclub - 29:53
Carrier - 36:24
Outpost - 41:43
Bunker - 50:42
Archives - 1:00:47
Tank - 1:05:27
Station - 1:10:27
Memorial - 1:18:33
Jungle - 1:26:03
Solar - 1:32:44
Cradle - 1:43:24

Nice! I'm going to watch the run as soon as I can. A deathless run will happen one of these days.
That out of bounds was really weird. Have you been able to replicate it?
Metal + Speed = Life
No I havent, I did however notice in the video I do run a little bit farther to the right side then I usually do. Ill look into it later, it really seems like the floor unloads around me though, not much time to see it but I suppose it could be like the clip used in classic.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-07-12 02:06:14 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Outpost 4:45 Operative

This ties my PB back from before I started recording, pretty clean but improvable by a few seconds, going to alternate between beating this and my Archives 8:11 times before moving onto 007 Classic ILs

Metal + Speed = Life
LOL  2nd attempt at Archives today 8:06. A bit of time can still be saved but this was a pretty damn clean run. The odds of not dying in this level without really killing any guards is just horrible to endure, so I'll most likely leave this time as it is. Was hoping for a bit closer to 8:00 but I don't have the patience for this level anymore, been on it for a while.

oh man, you're gonna do some 007 classic IL's?
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with all I've done for Operative now. I don't like Tank much and I know aleckermit's 4:08 on it is very clean, and I got the full-game time down alot more then I expected.
Your times will be a real challenge to beat, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing your 007 Classic runs. That'll be really cool.
Metal + Speed = Life
Started working on Facility this morning.. That 8:37 of yours is serious business haha. My first completed run is 8:43, obvious errors here and there but nothing too drastic. I'll post my run anyways for now, still working on it.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2017-07-14 01:50:06 pm
Nice job! 8:43 is still pretty good. I think there was some time to save from my run, maybe a second or two if i remember right. I know you can beat it eventually.
edit: I remember where my time save was, the bathroom stall jump. that, plus better movement, could save 2 seconds according to my comment on the submission notes
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-07-16 09:42:49 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Well, I'm gonna post it soon, but you were wrong about the time save :-)
I just got a 8:35 with the stall skip, however I had a few silly time losses. Ran into a guard just after first photo and messed up my movement quite a bit just after the stair hover. It's not much but watch it yourself, you will probably agree that 8:33 even 8:32 is doable. I'm leaving this as it is for now, moving onto Airfield  =D
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-07-16 09:51:00 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Facility 007 Classic 8m35s

Nice! That stall jump was pretty cool. It looks like 8:32 should be doable with a really clean run. I'm sure you'll get that time one day. As for airfield, 3:44 is definitely possible. There is some pretty easy time save in the radar tower at the end. If you can spray the AK-47 and hit all the computers, that'll save quite a bit of time over my run, especially if you don't second-guess yourself like I did. I took some time in my run to check if I got them all. I think you could get a 3:44 or even 3:43 with a really good run.
Metal + Speed = Life
Running airfield is really rough to run though.. lots of attempts lost to simply dying before getting to the armor. Very rng heavy, but I'll keep at it. Such a hard level to execute for such a quick one, this one is really hard for a speedrun IL
Metal + Speed = Life
Hey, when shooting the computers at the end, you only need to shoot 1 side of the computer right? It ends up blowing up both monitors on it right?
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-07-18 05:25:20 pm
JamesBong: 2017-07-18 09:33:24 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah only one side required to shoot.. just got a 3:47.. shame I needed to reload for last console.. This is by far the cleanest and luckiest run we will probably ever see ( everything except the 1 console I missed ). 2-3 seconds gained due to the checkpoint load and different strat to avoid the explosions. I simply can't get over how amazing this run looks.. I'm so mad about the console... This could've been 3:42 or so.

I think you mean 3:47, but yes. That run was pretty clean. It's a shame you missed the console at the end, but I'm sure you'll get a 3:45 or better soon!
Metal + Speed = Life
Oops yeah I edited it hahah
Metal + Speed = Life
I started looking at your 007 Classic run of Nightclub.. pretty clean run overall, I noticed you had a goal of 7:35...seems reasonable, if you hadn't vaulted into the wall and messed up the guard just before  the photo that's probably 5 seconds or more saved right there.
I feel 7:35 would be a really perfect run with these strats. I'll see if I can make any alterations as I begin working on it, but it doesn't look like time can be saved anywhere else. I'll look at the TAS again too, see if it gives me any ideas .