Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Goemon's Great Adventure (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Alright, so first off this new run has been improved quite a bit, but I still think that there way are too many safe strats being used that not necessarily lose too much time on paper, but just make the run seem slower to other people.
I think he is aware of that, seeing as he mentions constantly that the run can be improved.

Because of that, I believe that a segmented run of this game would be a lot more interesting for SDA and I am going to ask him if hes interested.

I also have to mention that, at this point in time, [the runner] is the only runner of the NTSC-U version of the game, which comes with its fair share of differences, which I will elaborate later.

Cheating
None, clean as a whistle.
He streams this game quite frequently, which should also add to the credibility.

Play Quality
I am not too familiar with the NTSC-U version of the game, because I run the japanese version, so I dont know if his makeshift strats (like using Goemon during certain parts even though hes the slowest character and you are meant to switch him out as soon as you get Sasuke and then Yae, but generally makes it easier to deal with enemies), but its possible that they save time considering the version difference such as harder difficulty because of more enemies and them having more health.

Even then, I feel like his playstyle just isnt confident enough and he, as mentioned above, uses way too many safe strats that could be avoided with some more practice.

Audio/Visual Quality
He seemed to have issues with his capture card, causing it to randomly screw with the colors, which is clearly noticeable in the recording.

Commentary is decent enough (at least I think so, I am not too familiar with SDA commentary standards) and audio levels are fine.

I was going to wait and see what these other two have to say about it before I make my call, but Im pretty much leaning towards reject considering he constantly finds new stuff for his route.

The NTSC-U run of this game is still in its baby shoes and I think it would be premature to accept a run at this point in time.

Quote:
I think it's too early for an SDA submission from him.

Decision: Reject

Reason: As the verifiers stated this submission was a bit premature when improvements are constantly being made to both the route and execution

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/841/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title: