Smiley
Sad
<- 12345
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
You magnificent bastard. You have no idea how much this simplifies things. I never even thought that could make a difference but the opening animation is actually different with a full tension bar when you enter a zone.

Damn. Well I haven't had a lot of time to do attempts in the last few weeks (life getting in the way as usual) but this simplifies things so much. I can easily get a clean Stooges run with a full bar and straight up do the skip or do another hard segment break.
Quote from Redlimit:
You magnificent bastard. You have no idea how much this simplifies things. I never even thought that could make a difference but the opening animation is actually different with a full tension bar when you enter a zone.

Damn. Well I haven't had a lot of time to do attempts in the last few weeks (life getting in the way as usual) but this simplifies things so much. I can easily get a clean Stooges run with a full bar and straight up do the skip or do another hard segment break.

Though doesn't this mean that you'll need to redo the 4-4 fight so that the values match up between the end of that one and the start of the next one? Also keep in mind if being guarded about your God Hand meter makes the fight carry on an extra 30s then it doesn't save any time, the gate skip is only about that much longer.
Edit history:
Redlimit: 2015-09-04 06:45:41 pm
Redlimit: 2015-09-04 01:03:39 pm
Redlimit: 2015-09-04 01:03:14 pm
Redlimit: 2015-09-03 08:14:53 pm
Correct on both counts, but adding a few seconds of extra tension building to the Stooges to save on the clip is still a net gain. The irony here is that by the time Felix is defeated in most cases you almost have a full charge anyway, so it may not have to alter that much.

When I was doing full runs from 4-1 through to the skip I had a lot of different permutations that lead to "target time" Stooges kills. It should be easy to find one that can build a bit more tension. The entire segmented run so far has been an exercise in "Is it faster to farm orbs in spot A or B / Is it faster to build tension here or there", etc to get the fastest overall time anyway. This isn't much different.

EDIT: Wow, all it takes is a single YMK thrown in while getting Felix dizzy to make the tension bar full by the time he dies. Easy. Now we play the RNG game for a good unblockable setup. I have confirmed that the skip is 100% this way. What a huge relief.

EDIT 2: And thus, after three years THE SEGEMENT IS DONE. Not only that but lightning struck and I got an extra 1 Orb card out of it too. I am absolutely through the roof right now. You have my thanks many times over. Tomorrow, the Iron Bridge Fashion Farming Show begins.
Having gotten that one out of the way, honestly, my next concern is that most segments before 4-4 use very outdated strategies. I don't want to be THAT GUY that comes off as an elitist dickbag, and I know the thought of starting completely over is probably not a pleasant one...
I managed to pocket a very quick Iron Bridge Fashion show with a decent amount of orb drops but life has got in the way of things yet again. I rarely have time to record segments.

Honestly at this point the run is likely just to serve as a way to get people interested in the game or speed running in general. I don't have the time or the resources to go back and redo the entire thing as family and job are priorities number one and two. It seems a shame to abandon it completely, but there honestly doesn't seem to be a market for this type of run anymore. The goal was to attract attention to SDA in the hopes of having more people donate to cancer research come AGDQ each year, and judging from the response I have received over the years at least in a few small ways I have accomplished that.

I'll have to think on it. There are too many other things going on right now that I am still undecided.
A thing happened.

Another thing happened.
Things keep on happening.
Death Shudder is now happening. Sad
Capturing is complete! Now its on to encoding for the submission and working on notes /commentary. This has been a long and wild ride. I bet Angra didn't see that turn of events happening!