Flip: 2013-07-07 06:19:43 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Glover (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Time is accurate, 36:59.
No cheating.

Audio/Video Quality: There were a few spots where the video stuttered, but the quality is still excellent. Audio is excellent.

Player Quality: There were a few mistakes, but overall a great run that would be difficult to beat.
To point out a couple of the noticeable semi-costly mistakes:
1) In the pirate realm, the clip through the ship at the boss stage wasn't immediate.
2) Missed a cycle on the coffins in one of the fortress of fear levels.
3) Fell during the Frankenstein boss. (biggest mistake)

Accept.

Quote:
Audio Quality: There were some bits that the Audio skipped. But they aren't big enough to be a problem.
Video Quality: Same as Audio, but otherwise it's fine.

There are some mistakes all throughout, but they are small enough to make this an Accept. In fact, they are barely noticeable seeing as how the runner did all those skips very nicely. Overall, Nice job!

Quote:
Frankenstein fall is particularly disappointing, because the strat is really cool (I still can't tell if that's intended or some sort of underflow glitch). Some methods throughout the run that I don't really like, but that comes down to style more than speed. Solid run overall, very few genuine mistakes (as deceiving as some of the games physics may be. losing all of your speed in one bounce is unavoidable sometimes, and L cancelling is ridiculous to control).

Definitely an ACCEPT from me, though it's tempting to blacklist the game altogether.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Bryan 'Crankeey!'
Thread title:  
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Words do not describe how bad the controls in Glover actually are. Congratulations for destroying this awful, awful game.
Thanks everyone, I do apologize for the frame drops and apparently amarec version 2.31 is bad for audio so I wish I knew that in advance >_>.

The main goal was to get a run that had the least amount of noticeable mistakes as possible. The ship clip is rarely immediate and unfortunately I couldn't rely on that, and the fall on frankenstein was a first. Basically, I made it on the ledge, but glover slid off something (I'm assuming the switch); it's really hard to tell with the camera on that boss fight, but double jumps are easily enough to reach the ledge. It's truly a game where you have to expect messups and just yolo everything for a good time. You just have to expect randomly clipping through the floor, especially when l-canceling too fast and unintended obstacles to really mess with your control over glover. I still have the zero deaths until the final boss to brag about. The final boss basically has forced deaths, and they don't waste any time.
mwsf!
Good job crankeey Smiley