List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/GiveUpRobot.html

Give Up, Robot (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Normally when it comes to verifying games, it takes some time to watch the run, observe what is being done, and see if it is done well enough to be accepted or not.  However, there are also times in which a run being submitted is on a game already posted on the site (and literally last month during the big push).  I love to verify these kinds of runs since anyone can do this.  All you need to do is the following: Have both the current run and the attempt run play side to side and see if there are enough improvements to the run to see if it can overide the current.

That said, allow me to quickly summarize this.
level 10: 29.33 (-5.00)
level 20: 56.70 (-7.80)
level 30: 1:42.25 (-12.92)
level 40: 2:35.97 (-15.08)
level 50: 4:06.03 (-38.10)

On top of beating the current run by 38 seconds, the runner also did this while avoiding deaths, thus saving alot more time in the final stages.  Funny how this runner was "inspired" by the current run and has made such improvements on it in such a short time.  Goes without saying that this is an easy accept.  Well done performance.  It will be interesting to see if Give up, Robot can ever crack four minutes at this point.

Quote:
Wow.

Everything looks really good about this run. No cheating as far as I can tell, and audio/video look great.

Considering the improvements and especially seeing this done deathless, I'd give this an accept.

Quote:
1-10:
29 Seconds is insane by most standards.

11-20:
The pure ingenuity of level 20 alone is jaw-dropping
56 seconds.....most of my bests are at 1:03 here

21-30
There is a trick on level 22 (the shortcut). Even if the runner knew about it,
the time saved is minimal. Its also, as close as this game has to it, a frame perfect trick
The grapple at the end is a nice touch
I've been implementing the Level 25 strat after having seen the runner do it.
The same is true for 29
1:42! OMG

31-40
Level 38 looked scary there
2:35? My best puts me 10seconds slower....and thats optimally

41-50
43 is very clean. You actually have to route this level, because there are many ways to complete it fast
Loopless 49 is a cool trick that i've only recenly been able to do confidently
The last jump on 50 is amazing, at first I did not think it was possible from so far away

The Audio/Visual.
The game looks like ass, however the video adquetly shows off that ass very cleanly.
Same is true with the audio, which I have to mute while playing.

To be very clear. This recieves my highest praise I can give, not only is it faster than the previous run....
It is the WR for the game afaik.
This is a speedrun you want to watch, even though you don't know it yet

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Charles 'Arcanod' Nannan!
Thread title:  
Congratulations Arcanod
Thank you very much!
Feudal Family Lord
Congrats