<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Kabuto:
Quote from Pendrokar:
Problem is that I killed an extra ripper in that level which I will need to do too so that the run would be consistent.

I don't think you need to. The only things that needs to be consistent are whatever properties you take with you into the next level.

Which is the ripper soul.  Sad
Edit history:
Pendrokar: 2009-10-14 03:04:02 pm
Delphi story done.

Last level was a lot of fun.  Grin
First I thought jumping and mine swarming would be a good tactic, but then I shrank Sapho three times through stressful playing. She was itcy bitcy with... 50% 25% 12.5% hp after those very quick shrinks! I had three shots in that segment. A 100 tries might allow me to do in two shots. But I had enough!

[edit]Raik glitch: Raik glitch seems to be useful. You gain the boost in every single part of the step cycle. Having a raik catched gives you different control than having it spiked. While spiked you can boost only backwards and the step part is at the end of the cycle. Having a raik caught gives you boost while moving diagonally(Up+Right) which leads to a boost to the left side and the step part is at the start of the cycle. Problem is you can't boost up hills neither small, nor big with this bug. But you can walk/run forwards and backwards normally while having the raik caught. Just that on steep hills it is hard to get up on them without diagonal running.  8)
Kabuto story done.

Ok I'll put it up for verification already till verifiers sum up I'll have time to compress the videos, make a torrent and upload videos to youtube... right after I redo Delphi Story 1 Level 1.  8)
After discovering one specific difference between version 1.0 and 1.1 that lets save over a minute in early Kabuto levels (3 smarties needed to grow instead of 5) I've decided to try speedrunning the game myself, and today my segmented run is almost done. However, I'm still thinking if it's possible to improve Kabuto story 1 level 1 even more - a few years ago I've started the level with full grown Kabuto for some reason. The glitch happened only once and I still don't know if there's a way to trigger it manually, so I'm asking here - has the same thing ever happened to anyone, or has anyone managed to trigger it?
Also, the glitch happened on the Polish (v1.1) release - it has some more differences, one of them is being unable to run on Windows 7.

I'd also like to ask if there's a way to avoid the gate to be incorrectly marked as missed (if it was not) in reaperski races. So many attempts wasted because of the glitch...
Hi zawj,

I don't remember if I knew about that smarties thing when I did this. But I don't think SDA verifiers would accept a speedrun that uses different game versions on different segments, especially since weapons and spells are kept after finishing a level. So doing the whole speedrun on 1.1 would slow Delphi segments very heavily as the turbo glitch gets fixed.

I don't think Kabuto being full grown right at start ever occurred to me.

Yes, I hated that reaperski glitch. I just drove while keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen. Smiley
Turbo glitch still works in 1.1. The only useful glitch removed by the patch is the restart item glitch, however using different strats in 3-7 (placing the bomb on a certain spot behind the prison) and 4-1 (get the bomb, place it, get another one before the fadeout finishes, all while being constantly shot at by snipers and raiks Smiley ). It only takes 2 seconds longer, it's nothing compared to the ~80 seconds saved later.

I've tried searching on different sites (too bad the biggest Giants forum is not active) and it seems no one else has ever encountered full grown Kabuto glitch. Maybe it only happens on Polish release...

Guess I have to keep using safe strats in races in single-segment runs and hope it won't happen at the last gate Smiley

Thank you very much for the reply!
So... the full grown Kabuto glitch has finally happened to me once again, and once again I have no idea what causes it. It was on English 1.1 now, and apparently, if the level is completed in the same session the glitch happened, the effect is saved and it's gonna happen every time the level is loaded with the selected profile.

Only story 1 level 1 is affected, on next level he reverts back to the second phase.

Here's the affected save file, I'd be happy if someone could test it and confirm it's working not only for me. The file goes to <path to Giants>\savegame\<profile name>.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Pq-J_P7aU1SVpzei12bnNoeEE/edit?usp=sharing

And also, would it make a run using it a NG+ or not? Because I'm absolutely sure the glitch can happen on a fresh save file and so far it looks completely random just like infinite ammo glitch.
There's a trick that involves the absolutely most useful item in the entire game:

Yeah, about 10 seconds saved.
Another bump and another small trick, this time it only works in 1.4 patch, on any older version the speed boost isn't nearly as big.

It's also worth mentioning that hail always spawns at a certain height, so if you're standing somewhere high it will catapult you right away (or it won't work at all, if you're somewhere really high).

I've recently started doing RTAs again and I've got my PB down to 1:23:58. Considering differences in timing (and the fact that I've lost over a minute here due to a glitch) I'm close to beating Pendrokar's segmented run Smiley

(I've switched to 1.4 by the way)
I'm back with more tricks...

Useful in 1.4 which fixed turbo glitch that was the fast and easy way of lowering the gravity. This is the first way of doing the trick, the second one is to enter a gift shop without touching a wall or ground.

Mostly self explanatory. If done too early Kabuto will jump back (and fail, by the way), if done too late he's gonna stop on the wall and slide down, since it takes a while until he stands up.

Remember how the evil smartie flies away when the respawn glitch is used? Yeah, when he's doing that he can be eaten again. The trick gets harder the bigger Kabuto is, though. Anyways, sub 10 minutes on Kabuto story is now possible.