Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: https://speeddemosarchive.com/Gauntlet.html

Gauntlet (Any %) (Single Segment) [Gauntlet: Elf]

Verifier Responses

Quote from gyre:
Accept.

AV quality looks good.

The streak of treasure room luck at the end of World 4 and beginning of World 5 is responsible for a lot of the improvement over the previous run but there is very good execution as well.  The key bobble in 14 looked like the only mistake in the first half of the run that cost more than a second.  Many of the random layouts and teleporters cooperated as well such as in 69.  Menuing for the vault combo and the dragon fight could probably go a little faster.  This run is going to be really hard to beat.

I got 15:56 for the time although it's really close to a 15:55.

Quote from Zyre:
Game- Gauntlet (NES)

Video quality- Great
Sound quality- Great

Evaluation of the run-

The new run pulls ahead of the old one, then falls behind for about half the game, then catches back up and pulls ahead with some really good luck (especially in the treasure rooms) and riskier strats. Definitely an improvement.

Timed to be 15:56 (start at 0:33 video time, ends at 16:29 video time). Nearly a full minute improvement.

Final Decision- ACCEPT

Quote from CarpetCrawler:
A/V is good, no cheating, was there for the live attempt done on runner's Twitch and everything.

Gauntlet was one of my childhood favorite NES games and speedruns of it have always fascinated me. They are a big hit on the runner's stream as well. The speedrun relies on mostly luck, especially luck in finding the right exit in the bonus stages and the right teleporter or right exit in regular stages. Of course, there's skill involved in the decision-making in when to use a bomb and when to conserve your bombs for possible future use as well. The runner has mostly good luck in this run and it'll be hard to top. Easy ACCEPT, a definite improvement over the last run.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'feasel'!
Thread title: