Smiley
Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Greetings everyone! I'm a new user here, but I've joined in hopes of having a greater reach for an event I'm hosting next month. Some of you I have reached out to already on twitter (I'm @dabrofficial for clarity's sake), but I thought this might be a much easier hub for discussion/awareness.

The gaming convention is called Gamer's Rhapsody, and it takes place in Minneapolis, MN. We're in our third year, and as part of our expansion we want to host an RTA marathon with a similar format to RPG Limit Break or a GDQ. We'll be raising money for the charity Carbon Fund which focuses on raising awareness about pollution and carbon emissions, as well as using renewable resources to cut down. Dollars donated equals lbs of carbon reduced, so our goal is to make the event totally carbon-free!

The speedrun marathon will be titled Gamers Rhapidly. We're shooting for a minimum of 12 hours for the 'thon, but would love to see if we could hit 24 (or maybe more!). I've begun reaching out to local runners and some midwest runners, but I certainly don't have the network that is contained here! So it would be great to get a roll call from all the Midwest runners out there.

Our event has a pretty decent budget for lodging/accommodations for those runners that would be travelling from far away--so if you're in California or something, don't automatically count yourself out! Let me know what you would need, and I'll see if we can work it out for you.

If this is something you're interested in participating in, send an email to austin@gamersrhapsody.com (that's me!), and I will include you in the next round of emails going out on Tuesday. You can hit me up on twitter, or just talk to me right here. I'll be popping in regularly.

For now, here's some more information about Gamer's Rhapsody:
http://www.gamersrhapsody.com/
@gamersrhapsody on twitter

and some more information about Carbon Fund:
https://carbonfund.org/
@carbonfundorg on twitter

Thank you all for your time!
Thread title:  
Hate to double post, but submissions are open!

https://goo.gl/forms/PfCZA3e6Eixxzfw02
Just Horsing Around
I remember you mentioning on twitter about the possibility of allowing online participation from runners who can't make it on-site, is that still an option you're considering?
Definitely! We want to have as many runners in person as possible, but online participation will be possible, too.
ChrisLBC and I will be attending the event. We'll try to spread the word as much as we can. :3
Should be lots of fun! Cheesy
Thanks so much for all the submissions, everyone!

It looks like we may have a shot at extending the marathon beyond our original estimate! I will be sending out another round of emails on Monday (10/24) with more information and a draft schedule. I will also have some more information about accommodations for any runners who are traveling/staying at the hotel.

For anyone just now catching this thread: Submissions are open until 11:59pm November 10th. We ARE accepting online submissions, so even if you are not in the area we would love to have you! The link for submissions is right here.
DISCLAIMER: We are unsure as of right now how (more accurately, when) the online runs will be incorporated into the schedule, and they will have less time slot flexibility than the in-person runs. I apologize if you submit an online run and we are unable to make it work, but we will try our best! We want everything to run as smoothly as possible for our attendees and all the runners who are making the effort to appear in-person.

We will be formally announcing the marathon and circulating a press release sometime next week, leading up to our November 1st announcements for the convention. Greatly looking forward to it--Carbon Fund is very excited!
Sweet Potato Fan Club
Oh wow, I can't believe I've missed this. Definitely something that I'm going to have to check into in the future. I hope this continues on into the future.