Smiley
Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
i already informed sunblade about it, but unfortunately i can't take part in the gamefest this year. Sunblade invited me and asked me to take part and i agreed. but now i have to disappoint you all it's not possible for me to practice for gamefest and take part in it at the moment. i go to university and need a lot of time to study for an important exam in late march, also have some private problems at the moment. so i can not study for my exam and practice for gamefest at once. sorry guys, hopefully next year the situation in my private life will be better so hopefully next year i can take part.
I'm on uni vacation then and i'm from a neighbour country (Belgium) so this sounds really interesting.
Name (Runner): Coombs68
Name: (Games): Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 - 100%
Estimates (hh:mm:ss): 15 Minutes +- (Can take some extra time to show some cool stuff & explain things about the game)
Console: N64
Twitch-Channel: Twitch.tv/Coombs68
YouTube-Channel: Youtube.com/Profile/fnfgreg (not really speedrun related but it is my channel)
Availability (the marathon will be from April 11th to April 13th): I'm free every weekend and i'm on uni vacation then, its a rather short drive for me to get there so i'm totally down for a small roadtrip to the meeting with some friends.
Additinonal information: More information about the game, i have been speedrunning THPS 1 for about 2 years now (1st year was offline fooling around & multiplayer stuff with friends untill i really got into speedrunning) and back then i was one of the only persons on twitch to stream the game. I putted in some work and routed out the 100% (which means collect 30x tapes & 3x gold medals in the game) and eventually started to get some PB's. One of my older runs from last summer kinda blew up over reddit / youtube and got a ton of views:
Since then i progressed even more with nicer / harder / faster skips, glitches to improve my time and i cutted it down to 10 Minutes 24. Video can be seen here:
It has been my lifetime goal to reach SUB 10 and i will for sure get it really soon.
Hope this is interesting for you guys and good luck with the event.
$15 per rant/allegory
Name (Runner): flicky
Name: (Games): Bayonetta
Estimates: 2:35:00
Console: 360
Twitch-Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/flickyish
YouTube-Channel:
Availability (the marathon will be from April 11th to April 13th): Any
Additional information:
Only Offense Will Survive
Thanks for your submissions! You still have time until tomorrow to submit your games!
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Name (Runner): Alko
Game 1:
Name: Goof Troop (single player, Goofy; either PAL or JP; the latter comes with difficulty choice medium or hard)
Estimate (hh:mm:ss): 00:35:00 for PAL and JP-hard; 00:30:00 for JP-medium
Console: SNES/SFC
Game 2:
Name: Asterix and Obelix (single player, Asterix, easy or hard difficulty)
Estimate (hh:mm:ss): 00:40:00 easy. 00:55:00 for hard as of now.
Console: SNES

Twitch-Channel: Alko_SDA
YouTube-Channel: Does not exist
Availability (the marathon will be from April 11th to April 13th): Saturday and Sunday. In emergencies, I can arrive late Friday, but I would rather not Wink
Additinonal information: A&O hard estimate is a guesstimate as of now. I need to derust and practise it. The time will go down by at least five minutes, once I eliminate the need for continues.
I can drop by at relatively late notice, as train tickets from Brunswick are not tha~t expensive.
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
one question,

When do we know if we are accepted with our offers for the gamesfest?
Would just like to know because the flight tickets are cheap at the moment. Smiley

best wishes
Mahrla and I will work on it as soon as we can. I expect to give you feedback by the end of next week. We are well aware of your matter here. Smiley
haha ok no problem. Tongue
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2014-03-02 10:42:10 am
This is the current Game List for the Gamefest. This list is not finalized because we dont have a confirmation from all the runners if they able to attend.

El_Nino - Sam and Max Hit The Road
pa1ny - Indiana Jones, Maniac Mansion Deluxe
Sunblade - Resident Evil 4
Gangxxter - Broken Sword 2
Nord - Bully: Scholarship Edition, Singularity
JayFermont - New Super Mario Bros. U
ShadowDraft - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Heinki - Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Directors Cut)
thiefbug - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
Plasmo - Ikaruga
Svenne - Super Mario Bros. 3
Pro_JN - Zelda II
Chrism - Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin
Coombs68 - Tony Hawks Pro Skater
flicky - Bayonetta
Alko - Goof Troop

Skylez, we have to know how your run looks like. Do you have a run for us?

The rest is backup for now if someone is not able to come. An official schedule will come in course of the next week.
Will the marathon be from Friday evening to Sunday noon? Because it doesn't look like the games on that list would fill 48 hours.
Whatever the case since I'll be there anyway I can do backup or fill in a gap last minute if neccessary ;). By the way will watching the event live cost anything?
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2014-03-03 01:15:11 am
Hey there! We had to change plans due to many cancellations, lack of submissions and some sudden changes in the Computerspielemuseum. We only need 33h hours now but we appreciate your submissions. We felt that the other games were stronger than yours but if someone backs out we will consider your game again of course. If someone is not happy with our descision, please leave feedback. This list is not finalized. Smiley

Pro_JN and Svenne are not able to come either so this list will change a bit.
I'm honest I was a little sad that I didn't get a spot on the list while others got two games that were considerably longer than mine. However I see that most the games on the list are more popular than the ones I run and also the runners are more known than I am so I can see why those decisions were made Wink
If there is need to fill some hours I still could show Absolute zero% because it is an
awesome categorie which people in my stream really enjoy watching but it takes a bit longer than any%, so I let you decide it. Wink No problems with any% director's cut

Another thing I don't know how it is going to be with the hardware so I will bring my own Laptop with me where I got the games already on so that shouldn't be the problem then. Wink

best wishes
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Sunblade:
Pro_JN and Svenne are not able to come either so this list will change a bit.

So much salt already Y,…,Y
Quote from Heinki:
If there is need to fill some hours I still could show Absolute zero% because it is an
awesome categorie which people in my stream really enjoy watching but it takes a bit longer than any%, so I let you decide it. Wink No problems with any% director's cut

Another thing I don't know how it is going to be with the hardware so I will bring my own Laptop with me where I got the games already on so that shouldn't be the problem then. Wink

best wishes

We are planning to get gaming pcs for that but its not confirmed by now. I will create a topic on Friday with the information all of you need to know, FAQs included.
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2014-03-07 01:35:13 am
Sunblade: 2014-03-07 12:31:59 am
Sunblade: 2014-03-07 12:20:50 am
Sunblade: 2014-03-07 12:20:06 am
This schedule is not final but we can expect it to be. I considered all of your requests here. We added Mahrla, one of the co-organizers, into the lineup to fill a hole for Sunday.

Friday, 11. April 2014
14:00 CEST / UTC +2 - New Super Mario Bros. U - Wii U, 100% - JayFermont
17:50 CEST / UTC +2 - Super Mario Sunshine - Gamecube, any% - Chrism
19:45 CEST / UTC +2 - The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask, any% - thiefbug
21:45 CEST / UTC +2 - Pikmin - Gamecube, any% - Chrism
23:35 CEST / UTC +2 - Resident Evil 4 - Xbox 360, New Game+ - Sunblade

Saturday, 12. April 2014
01:25 CEST / UTC +2 - Bayonetta - Xbox 360, any% - flicky
10:00 CEST / UTC +2 - Indiana Jones 3 - PC, any% - pa1ny
10:35 CEST / UTC +2 - Maniac Mansion Deluxe - PC, any% - pa1ny
11:00 CEST / UTC +2 - Sam and Max: Hit the Road - PC, any% - El_Nino
11:55 CEST / UTC +2 - Broken Sword 2 - PC, any% - Gangxxter
13:25 CEST / UTC +2 - Bully: Scholarship Edition - PC, any% - Nord
17:05 CEST / UTC +2 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Wii VC, 100% - thiefbug
23:45 CEST / UTC +2 - Deus Ex: Human Revoution Directors Cut - PC, any% - Heinki

Sunday, 13. April 2014
01:35 CEST / UTC +2 - Amnesia: The Dark Descent - PC, any% - ShadowDraft
11:00 CEST / UTC +2 - Goof Troop - SNES, any% - Alko
11:45 CEST / UTC +2 - Zen Pinball 2 - PS3, Star Wars Episode V Story Mode - Beliskner
12:55 CEST / UTC +2 - Resident Evil: Revelations - Wii U Raid Mode Abyss Difficulty Run - Mahrla
14:35 CEST / UTC +2 - Tony Hawks Pro Skater - N64, 100% - Coombs68
15:00 CEST / UTC +2 - Ikaruga - Dreamcast, Score-Run - Plasmo

All of this will be streamed via http://www.twitch.tv/olymptronica

Signups and all of the needed information including the very final schedule will be inserted in a new topic.
A Mario Kart Wii tournament where the strongest players from Germany will participate will be held at Saturday from 12:00 to 18:30 CEST / UTC +2. flicky from The Sunday Sequence Break will do a short presentation about speedrunning in general and TSSB for the audience at Sunday at 12:15 CEST / UTC +2 for 30 minutes.

If anyone is not able to attend, please tell me now so I can consider it in the schedule. Smiley
Quote from thiefbug:
Name (Runner): thiefbug
Name: (Games): TLoZ Ocarina of Time (100%), TLoZ - Majoras Mask (Any%), TLoZ - Majoras Mask (100%)
Estimates (hh:mm:ss): 6:30:00, 1:50:00, 6:00:00
Console: Wii Virtual Console
Twitch-Channel: http://twitch.tv/thiefbug
YouTube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thiefbug2
Availability (the marathon will be from April 9th to April 13th): During weekend (from friday, 11th to sunday, 13th)
Additinonal information: I will bring my own wii or need a wii with the japanese OoT / Japanese MM / US MM installed
- I would've also suggested OoT Ganonless - but I doubt that I'll be able to run it without notes xD

hey there, OptimusPrimeMini here.

I am an OoT 100% ''Speedrunner'' and i was informed that i could get Vacation for the Marathon,
unfortunatly i am quite a bit too late to suggest a run for the Marathon.....but maybe it would be possible to do a 100% OoT Race with Thiefbug?

would be awesome to get feedback on that Question
here is last part of my Japanese PB 6:04. cant link the full video cause of my Amarec (it crashed early in the Run).

i've been doin this runs for pretty exactly one Year now and consistent with my runs. so it would be a Challenge for Thief and me to Race each other!

http://de.twitch.tv/optimusprimemini/c/3674680

I am an OoT 100% ''Speedrunner'' and i was informed that i could get Vacation for the Marathon,
unfortunatly i am quite a bit too late to suggest a run for the Marathon.....but maybe it would be possible to do a 100% OoT Race with Thiefbug?

here is last part of my Japanese PB 6:04. cant link the full video cause of my Amarec (it crashed early in the Run).

i've been doin this runs for pretty exactly one Year now and consistent with my runs. so it would be a Challenge for Thief and me to Race each other!

Quote from OptimusPrimeMini:

Hello OptimusPrimeMini. Thank you for your enquiry but I cant do any exceptions here because I already got a few requests after the deadline and it would be kinda unfair if I let you do the race. I am sorry. Sad
Quote from Sunblade:
Quote from OptimusPrimeMini:

Hello OptimusPrimeMini. Thank you for your enquiry but I cant do any exceptions here because I already got a few requests after the deadline and it would be kinda unfair if I let you do the race. I am sorry. Sad

hello Sunblade, i do understand that it would be ki nda unfair...... but still im not asking cause i just wanted to ask, i am asking cause i really would like to help improve and help the german community to grow  Cheesy so i am asking once again...... is there just a slight possibility to let me pass? maybe by an voting? pls?
Since I am only the co-organizer of the event, I cant decide that by myself. We will look into this matter and think about letting the newcomers pass.
i dont think posting the exact same post three times in a row increases your luck either really..