1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FZeroX.html

F-Zero X (Any %) (Individual Level) (ntscus) (n64)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I've been watching CGN's streams for quite some time now, I had a feeling this was his run; he had been grinding out this IL for the past week or so.

Anyway, moving on!

Video and Audio Quality: Not much to say, it's F-Zero X. The game doesn't exactly look pretty but there are no visual impurities in the recorded video. Sound is consistent with gameplay and is synced up appropriately.

Gameplay: The mechanics CGN here uses are attributed to muscle memory, along with visual references. It's important he grinds the sides of the track in a way he continues to build up speed, while maintaining his energy meter, furthermore applied to boosting. These are very difficult maneuvers to accomplish, and CGN pulls them off very skillfully. As you can tell from his previous ghost, there is very little room for margin of error, and a better time is indeed possible, but again, difficulty in game mechanics is a huge factor in obtaining such a time, along with the mental focus. CGN beats the current IL time as well. Really, the only way this time could be improved is with repeat attempts, and even then not much more time could be possibly cut off.

Cheating: Nope, not a doubt in my mind.

Judgment: Pass

Quote:
Great improvement to an already amazing IL.

Accept.

Quote:
AV Quality is good. No cheating.

This is really an excellent run and a really significant improvement over the previous record. The fastest known strategy for the course is used and executed very well. Easy accept.

Decision: accept

Quote:
Looks good to me. I miss playing F-Zero X, I should pick it up again.
Anyway, don't think there's much time that can be saved on this IL, as one of the other verifiers says correctly.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'CGN!'
Thread title: