Smiley
Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I personally don't think you can really compare PAL and NTSC for racing games like this although it works a lot better for this game than for F-Zero X where it's just completely different imo. For lack of anything better these conversion factors are the best you can get to see how your times would approximately rank if you don't take skills into account. I must say this comparison to the MFO bests looked a whole lot better when  I submitted my times back in December Wink . I think about 5 of the laps I submitted were even world records back in December. All of them have been improvement by a lot by Edward the past 8 months and by now he really is in a league of his own for this game and he plays NTSC too.
Are Edward's times real? I mean, is there any video proof or anything?
Yeah he has his own youtube account (http://www.youtube.com/user/EdwardFourZERO6) and we actually met in person last month at the European marathon event NLG.
Very impressive then! I may try this game once I get back from my break from speedrunning. My best track, I'm still only in like 12th place lol... I have a lot of fun with it though.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
heh, amusing question. edward is one of the few FZSNES players (and over all the community) who has posted extensive proof of all his times.
i guess he did read all those metalsmasher topics from years ago.
Just watched em... so good! Wish there were more tracks in this game <_<
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Lol metalsmasher.  I'll never forget StrangenessDSS's act of calling him out.
Edit history:
WMJ: 2012-11-12 04:19:49 am
Quote from Freezard:
Just watched em... so good! Wish there were more tracks in this game <_<

Technically there are because there is also the Ace Cup but that was only available as downloadable content through the Satellaview system. If you downloaded that you also had 4 different cars so it's pretty much F-Zero 2 but you also had the 3 original cups as separate downloads with those 4 cars. I have done runs for the Ace Cup download a long time ago. I didn't submit it because i'm not sure if it's allowed since I ran the game from a SNES Copier. It's pretty much impossible to buy the game so it's the only way I know of to play it on console.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
For F-Zero 2, I had never see a original copie of this game. Was this not released japan only ?

nice videos wmj Smiley
Quote from MortyreR45:
For F-Zero 2, I had never see a original copie of this game. Was this not released japan only ?

As mentioned, it was only released as a Satalliteview download, so there are no 'original copies' to be had in the first place. From all the I know of SDA's rules it means it'd be impossible to ever have a run of it or other 'BS' games.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Not all of the Satellaview games were designed to lock after a certain time period has elapsed. I could not find whether or not F-Zero 2 was designed to self lock, for example, the Kirby games and Radical Dreamers are still fully playable today on the BS-X Game Pak, assuming you have a memory pak with that data on it. Assuming that F-Zero 2 did not self lock, and you had all the Satellaview equipment AND and memory pak with the data on it, then there is no reason it could not be submitted, since it is on legitimate hardware.
Quote from JackintheBox333:
Not all of the Satellaview games were designed to lock after a certain time period has elapsed. I could not find whether or not F-Zero 2 was designed to self lock, for example, the Kirby games and Radical Dreamers are still fully playable today on the BS-X Game Pak, assuming you have a memory pak with that data on it. Assuming that F-Zero 2 did not self lock, and you had all the Satellaview equipment AND and memory pak with the data on it, then there is no reason it could not be submitted, since it is on legitimate hardware.

The F-Zero 2 Ace Cup doesn't have a time lock (well the rom version I don't know 100% about the original download since it was only in Japan). The memory pack in BS-X adapter is not impossible to find but finding one with the F-Zero 2 Ace Cup data saved on it is a completely different story.  I have looked for a very long time, for years even, but have never seen it on ebay. So basically I don't want it that bad and I doubt many people that are not hardcore game collectors do, so just for playing it a copier is the easiest choice or one of those "remake" cards. I also heard it doesn't work on flashcards either. I guess I should ask somewhere else if this is allowed since you are playing on original hardware but not the original game.
this kind of game was the main thing i hoped the VC would remedy and lol and behold, these Satellaview games were never released on VC.
talk about missing the boat entirely.

at least something like the FZX Expansion Kit has physical copies but i don't think magnetic disks last too long like carts or DVDs..
ATM i am improving his run in the first choorse already a 36 second improvement Smiley
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Rdilux you do understand this was done on PAL version right?  And if so you need to get a time of low 1'58''xx to even consider submitting

http://fzerocentral.org/f0/viewladder_11.php?ladder=1&user=544

This is a list of all of WMJ's times converted from PAL to NTSC. 
i am doing pal version also lol (VC Wii U Pal version)
ok some more info about the EU F-Zero VC Wii U http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/the_european_version_of_f_zero_on_wii_u_virtual_console_comes_with_60hz_support
Exoray
60hz does indeed mean that you can't directly compare the times with the original PAL version since that one was running at 50hz.
Unless there's more differences with the Wii U version, comparing to the NTSC times is your best measurement.
to be honest idk steering feel diffrent because the little DPADon the pro controller/gamepad and the rendering is a bit off but in time idk i could upload a vid to youtube
for practical purposes, the PAL Wii U version of FZSNES is the same as the NTSC one so you have to compare to NTSC times.