--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-17 07:19:59 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-17 07:19:43 am
Fair enough dude, just saying; If you wanna cut more time off that's probably the place to focus on. Not that I know enough about Carol's mechanics to make that assertion confidently.
Though I do know enough about you to know that you will somehow find a way; So far as I can tell, you're routing and playing Carol better than anyone and with far fewer resources(like other runs to steal strats from) than I had with Lilac.
Thanks, I appreciate it Cheesy
I can't get stuck on FN again though. I need to move forward or I will never speedrun the entire game. I'll come back to it sometime later.
Meteor Swarm
obviously my life is gone..
... this and elite dangerous... take so much time... I'm trying to do at least 1 full run every day but i juste hate when i have massive time taking game at the same time ><. Haven't subed 50 yet ><
Quote from Rezard:
obviously my life is gone..
... this and elite dangerous... take so much time... I'm trying to do at least 1 full run every day but i juste hate when i have massive time taking game at the same time ><. Haven't subed 50 yet ><

RIP Rezard, his body was found a few days later in his room with "Desire sensor" scrawled on his walls and his 3ds still on.
You can do it dude! Go for it!
Just set a specific time aside each day, you'll get your sub50 eventually. You're definitely capable of it.
It seems like I'm the only one active Carol runner left around. SynnChrist broke his controller and won't be running in the near future it seems. And Lunadash hasn't uploaded any runs for quite a while. Sad
Viking it up
The leaderboard is just about up to date now.  Sorry for the delay.
no worries. Glad you're back.

So. Anyone up for a race at some point?
Edit history:
GregSiris: 2015-02-26 09:03:19 am
I'm feeling better from my cold and the snow has cleared my schedule for me. So, I'd be down for one at some point.

EDIT: Cleared for the most part anyway.
Viking it up
Would absolutely be up for a race, I've no illusions about being able to beat you yet, though.
Praaaactiiiice!
Viking it up
My biggest weakness in DV is STILL the miniboss.  Got cycle and a half on him just now and 2:55.94, new PB, if I'd one cycled him I'd have got a 2:52.  Need to spend a whole day just grinding him out.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-26 10:27:57 am
Wait briefly(until he's about 3 shells out of the ground) -> kick -> jump with him -> air-kick, air-kick, air-kick -> stand at max range from the hole and spam kick.

EDIT: oh, btw, saw your Lost Vikings run from SGDQ2014 just now. That was awesome.
Viking it up
Today was supposed to be all day practice but I'm seeing red right now.  Still can't mantalith, FN Serpentine just gave me four purple attacks and three flamethrowers after I made him cry out ~12 times (seriously, it was absurd), and I can't hit the right spots on DV miniboss.  No matter what pattern and timing of attacks I use, what gets me is all those crazy slopes.  I just can't consistently be next to the right orbs because my jump has a different arc every time.  Also those awful ziplines in FN... still can't get the right angle off those.

I need a break.  But I just had a three-week break from grinding this game due to illness.  I've hit some major plateaus in the stages I know - just can't crack 2:55 DV and 4:08 RM.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-26 02:32:37 pm
I'll be as much help as I can...

Mantalith:
I can't do him consistently either. Theory's all there, execution aint. I lose up to 15s on him. Still...
p1: Stand between the 2 crystals. Jump(max height) very shortly after you hear the sort of...'rocks trickling down' sound. Should wind up inside his arm as he's lowered from impact of landing. Boost as soon as you're in the arm. Both of them SHOULD break, but you don't lose time unless neither do. Wait a split second before booting the head so the camera doesn't stay locked(or don't? the timer might stay frozen if you keep the camera lockes. Need to test that.)

p2: Jumo in place over shockwaves, run slightly to side, uppercut & divekick. perfect execution has you break 1 arm and half-damage the other. Again has you kill both the 2nd arm and the head.

p3 & 4: You know where to stand. Jump straight up over shockwaves, then fall sideways to right arm and boost left. You want to make sure the right arm doesn't break before the left arm does; Otherwise he'll immediately jump offscreen and waste time. Then just do jump-kick-cyclone-kick stuff until the right arm breaks too.

p5: I can't figure out how to explain the pattern that determines whether or not he'll immediately jump during this phase because i just intuit it(with only about 70-80% accuracy at that), but i know it depends on whether or not he got jumps off on the previous 2 phases and whether or not he completed all of them. So if you can figure that out, then based on whether you think he'll insta-jump or not:
EITHER:
Same as p3&4(safer option if you're not sure)
OR...
jump straight up over shockwaves, land, uppercut -> tiny amount of divekick -> boost left -> divekick. Perfect(and I mean PERFECT) execution will break both arms. 95% of the time the left one will remain with a little hp left though.

Also, 4:08 on RM is pretty solid. My PB without phase-skip is 4:02.23, but most of the time i don't sub 4:10

Serps
He'll 'oof' and get knocked back EITHER after about 8 ticks of damage from kicks OR if he takes so much as a single tick of damage from a dragon boost(or is knocked into the laser). In the case of DBs, you can prettymuch kiss tracking his remaining health goodbye. Just don't use them unless you're going for the boost-into-laser strat.
As for how to dodge him bullet-raining: If you get perfect execution through the first 3 'hits'/phases/oofs/whatever(i.e. every kick does 3 ticks and he never finishes any attack or his first flamethrower jump), then kicking such that he takes 2 ticks of damage on his next dash will dodge the 4th-phase rain. The 5th I have no idea. Honestly, having bullet rains isn't the end of the world, you just don't want him flamethrowering when he runs out of health.

DV Miniboss
Run just far enough to trigger him, then run back and stand here for your initial kick.(It doesn't have to be very precise, just be on relatively flat ground)
When you jump, jump from stand-still and hold right asap after jumping. Also, you don't have to be as close as you think you do to hit those orbs; Sometimes they can be behind you and you'll still hit them as long as they're clipping your model a little.

FN ziplines
Dunno what to say. I never get quite the same angle on them but 90% of the time it's workable. If it helps, it's about 0.2s after hitting the edge, by my estimate. If your angle is too shallow, you can try to cyclone to make up for it(if you can reach roughly the height of the lowest row of crystals - and pass them horizontally - you should be okay to boost). If your angle is too steep, just try to time your boost so you collect 2 rows of crystals as you go; should extend your boost far enough to make it.
That's some good stuff. I'll have to keep that mid boss stuff in mind when I decide to start taking stabs at sub 3 DV again.
ONE FUCKING THIRD OF A SECOND. I STILL CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE HOW CLOSE I WAS.
Any problem areas you want help with?
I just think I gotta keep at it. I feel that's it's still my execution that's lacking on DV.
Viking it up
It's not really that my execution is bad, it's that right now the game is in my head.  That awful Serpentine fight was the final straw - and I didn't use a single dragon boost on him, I've never seen him live that long, through that much damage.  I wasn't executing poorly.  I rarely get this frustrated with a game.  I just can't play right now, going to have to wait until later, maybe take a nap or something.

I really shouldn't be grinding out stages I've already learned anyway - I need to be adding more stages, I'm still halfway through JC and TB.  I've had a 63 minute run with less than half the game routed, I know if I just learn the rest of the stages, I'll easily get a 45-48.  I often get like this around halfway through learning a game, it happened with Lost Vikings too.  Learning the basic route is easily my least favorite part of learning a game, grinding out details and doing IL attempts is way more fun.  I get stuck running stages I already know over and over, and it distracts me from learning new ones.
Viking it up
Okay, still not getting DV mini but I cooled down enough to get consistent 4:22 RM and 3:02 DV, and as I've PB'd DV today and got 4:10 RM yesterday I think I'm more confident.  Still needs to come down but I can be happy enough to move on.  Gotta incorporate a bunch of FN changes and brush up SB, maybe then I can learn the rest of JC tonight.

Also, I'm still going left zip in RM yellow door and I think I'm sticking to that for a while.  Got a very solid 1:04 on the reset tonight using left side, and I know that strat WAY better than right side.  Right side was discouraging me tonight.  As for FN Serp... screw the laser strat.  I'm going back to fighting him in front of the shops, at least there I know how to control him.  Laser strat is incredibly random, even if it can be slightly faster.  I've been very solid at Robo Panther lately too, often getting close to pre-empting his upright phase.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-26 05:18:13 pm
Rezard: 2015-02-26 05:15:14 pm
Meteor Swarm
i think you are not mashing attack fast enought for the worm mini boss.

btw on fn you can easly start part 2 with 100% boost metter just go full left after serpentine and boost form this point.

Quote:
Learning the basic route is easily my least favorite part of learning a game

Say the guy who did a xenogears run :X.. yes route learning can be painfull.. especialy when you have so much to memorize in a small fraction of time
Viking it up
Oh, Xenogears I just read from Kadmony's notes while I do the run.  That run is incredibly easy, doesn't involve building memory and practicing rhythms.  Kadmony practices, but he cares about getting a good time and I just run the game for fun.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-27 10:09:32 am
Rezard: 2015-02-27 10:08:57 am
Meteor Swarm
xg was a previous project i had but i droped it>

i still can't do easy looking trick like 3rd skip in thermal (it work like 1/50 for me) . or i can't even sub 5min on jade after 300+hours loged on this stupid game  this just piss me off.  Problem i have with this game is that i can't find much visual clue at all , or i don't get how to keep full speed after some high jump. since you have to do the dive kick very fast after a jump.
Wish i could open the game exe in fusion and do levels maps.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-27 10:26:44 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-27 10:24:44 am
Can now confirm that hitting mantalith p1 early enough keeps the timer frozen for a while. saves maybe 5 to 8s?
Here: http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6212308
Included the whole fight for the hell of it; it was nearly perfect so it can work as a better explanation than the wall of text above.

Also, found a new zip on FD2.
might be useful if it can be done without a shield on the movers further to the right. Especially if you don't need a DB.
Not sure if feasible. Mentioning it anyway.
http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6212286
(warning: I swear in surprise. loudly. turn volume down.)
Hot damn. There's a wood shield very close to the start of FD2. I wonder if you could use this electric thing to zip to the top.

It looks like if you zip at right above where Lilac is.
https://i.imgur.com/n3R7UZB.png

You would wind up about here.
https://i.imgur.com/sckw9BY.png

Of course, I'm not sure if the electro balls that the tower emits can hurt Lilac while she zipping, nor am I sure what kind of effect taking damage during a zip will have.