Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: To quote ktwo: "The category is arbitrary and the routing is unoptimized."

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1229/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/freddifish2/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 21, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
I've watched the run and want to verify this but i can't since I've never played this game.

Out of a lot of resources I found that there are 8 possible trap items of which 5 are chosen that you have to collect. After going through he list it's obvious to me that the runner has the fastest set of trap items possible. He does a good job collecting those, only slowing down for subseconds a few times.

But the problem i have are the sea urchins. They are the prerequisite for another trap item the runner doesnt need and there are 5 of them, not 4 but the 5th only becomes available when you need this trap item.

Now i don't know if you need to pick up the 4 urchins to beat the game. If yes, then it would be a legit any% accept.
If you dont need them I would reject this as any% since its a waste of time.
Now it might even be possible that the community decided to define this as 100% in which it would be an accept for that category.

All in all I'm confused with this "All Sea Urchins" statement. Can someone who knows the game or better owns it, tell me which of the above is my verdict?
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
its damn fast but i'm with Elren on this one.. and I don't know the game either)

If it's any% it seems a waste of time unless they are required so it would be a (Weak) reject.
If it's 100% then Accept all day
If it's some (I hate to use this word) 'Arbitrary' category, Is it even considered a category by the majority of runners [If there are any others]

Enlighten me plz
I googled a bit to understand what's going on in this game. The goal is to find 5 "trap items" to build a trap and catch a ghost. There are in total 8 trap items in the game and a bunch of "key items". Which of the trap items that are required to beat the game is apparently random, but is shown at the beginning of the game. However, they're not shown in the video, so I don't know how the runner knew which ones to collect. Or maybe the runner has found a way to manipulate it? Anyways, the key items are just used to get to the trap items. The sea urchins are such key items (out of many). I could possibly agree with all trap items or maybe all items all together would make up a different category from any%, but not only the sea urchins. They have no particular significance in the game and collecting them as an additional goal is completely arbitrary.

As for the gameplay, it looks pretty fast, but the runner should have tried for the five fastest trap items. This game can be beaten in half a minute (compared to over two minutes in the submitted run): http://www.twitch.tv/j2xp/c/5066109

Reject
Reason: The category is arbitrary and the routing is unoptimized.
Decision posted.
Edit history:
J2xp: 2014-10-06 12:46:41 am
J2xp: 2014-10-04 10:24:17 pm
J2xp: 2014-10-04 09:39:29 pm
Love and tolerate.
As someone who runs this game, I can say with the utmost confidence that this should run be rejected. The premise of the game is you must collect 5 key items out of 8 possible choices. The purple sea urchins are not collectibles and are used for a puzzle for one of the items, so having a category for collecting all of them is useless and arbitrary.

The run itself is slow. If I actually took this "category" seriously, I could definitely do it in less than a minute. As the person with the world record of 26 seconds, I guess I have higher standards, so all I see is really un-optimal and painful to watch movement. And as other people have pointed out, the route is very un-optimal. This run actually gets the single longest item which is the one you get from the manta ray, so in my mind, it just goes to show, that not as much thought or effort was put into this run as it should have.

I agree reject was the right decision, reason being the route and movement are unoptimized, and the category is fake anyway.
Even if this category was real, one of the items requires a 5th urchin that only appears for that item, making a definition difficult and this run does not do that it shouldn't count regardless.